Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 6:51 am

Very Happy Applause flower
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 5:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is my large flocked black rhinocéros. I bought it back in 1996. Weirdly, the manufacturer put the smallest horn on the front...
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 2:24 pm

You are right, the horns are strange

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 12:03 am

That's a very curious figure indeed! It is usual to see some features mixed on rhinos, wrong lips on African or even two horns on Indian rhinos but that is the first time I see this kind. Obviously these figures were not made to be accurate what is surely not an excuse. Let's think it is a kind of extinct rhino we still don't know. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 5:04 am

Playland (no) sumatran rhino

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 5:23 am

Yesterday I bought at a local store the Papo's black rhinoceros (Diceros bicornis). I has been watching it for some months, and what finally pushed me to buy it is seeing a comparison thread between various brands black rhinos, resulting in Papo being the best one for my taste.

Until now my only rhino whas the Safari's sumatran. Here is a good comparison size between the African giant and the smallest of all the rhino species:

Total: 202
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 7:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yesterday I bought at a local store the Papo's black rhinoceros (Diceros bicornis). I has been watching it for some months, and what finally pushed me to buy it is seeing a comparison thread between various brands black rhinos, resulting in Papo being the best one for my taste.

Until now my only rhino whas the Safari's sumatran. Here is a good comparison size between the African giant and the smallest of all the rhino species:

That is a nice figure but I went with the Safari version (should be waiting for me when I get home today). But looking at your pic, this Papo one is great. Actually I went with Safari for all the rhinos, although I might replace the white rhino with the 2019 CollectA one when it comes out...maybe.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 11:10 am

My black rhino is also the Papo figure although I also own the Bullyland that is very nice! In that scale I still have the Lineol black rhinoceros. I think Blaine is well served with the Safari army. They are all great, especially the Indian rhino. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:41 pm

Nice rhinos

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 6:07 pm

Often Papo makes exceptionally wonderful models, and this one is a very good example cheers

Thankyou for the beautyful comparison picture ! It is really useful Applause

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 7:33 pm

Colorta

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 10:31 pm

"new"

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 7:04 am

Well, I am forced to share mine now :
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 7:46 am

That is a beautyful and interesting flock there, Rtas cheers

I think I won't be able to resist that CollectA rhino for very long Laughing

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 10:02 am

Waw! you have the great white! cheers Applause Could you shoot it with your Papo black one please for size comparison?
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 11:00 am

Thanks Susanne and Caracal !
Susanne, as I told Spacelab earlier in the evening, you will soon be able to see a lot of pictures like this one since I am photographing my whole collection Wink

Caracal, unfortunately I have not Papo black rhino, only the Schleich family you can see on my picture.
Schleich black rhino is perfect next to CollectA white one and I think Papo and Schleich black rhinos are roughly the same size. I can take a picture with the CollectA white one and Schleich's male tomorrow if you want (?)

I really recommend both of you the white one. On my picture, you can see once more that CollectA is above the other brands. Even though Schleich's Indian and black rhinos are awesome, they are just splendid toys. CollectA's replica is a true miniature rhino that looks "alive".
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 4:42 pm

Beautiful rhinos, actually I have 3 of them and don't want any more. Very good models!.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 8:01 pm

..well, I already have this Safari ltd white rhino but the (little) problem for me is that it is smaller than my Papo black one, although whites are generaly bigger. White rhino are less present than blacks ones in replica world and the few they were, did not enjoy me a lot until I shoot a real white in the zoo of Lille (low picture), that makes me realise the Safari ltd one was not too toony and stocky, and that makes me buy it in the shop of the Bruxelle museum a few days after!

But if this CollectA white is as big as the Papo black one or bigger, I shall order it in spite of its so log horn! :)
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 8:45 pm

Of course it is bigger ! Here it is with the Schleich black rhino which is roughly the same size as Papo's :

There, the size difference is perfect. Not approximately accurate, PERFECT ! (Pardofelis would enjoy Wink )

Last edited by RtasVadumee on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 8:55 pm

There, the size difference is perfect. Not approximately accurate, PERFECT !

Oh yes!
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 8:58 pm

Again, sorry for the quality of this pic, the light is not good in the morning and I took it very quickly just for this topic Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 10:15 pm

Thank you Rtas for these useful pictures which coveinced me to order the CollectA white!

Your second pic is amazing presenting the 2 species so close in wilderness and in very useful standings to compare! Very Happy cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 10:16 pm

Unfortunately, this second pic is not from me Sad

Also, I wanted to ask you, do you know any shop that sells CollectA in France ?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 12:06 am

This day is a perfect day !!! cheers

I learned something new bounce

It is the first time I understood that the white and black rhinos are SO differnet, except for the nose ! cheers

Thankyou very much for those pictures, Rtas Applause Applause

spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 12:15 am

It is the first time I understood that the white and black rhinos are SO differnet, except for the nose ! cheers

Still, with this picture, my wife sees just a bigger rhino.. like most people I guess. But who cares? IT'S SO DIFFERENT!!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 12:21 am

Dear Rtas, I just know one, in Montpellier, an independant games shop in which I could find some, sometimes. By now, it has mainly Papo and safari ltd but he explained to me that he chooses himself the brands and collections when he goes to professional markets. At the last one, one month ago in Germany, he and his daughter he works with, have been" thrown away" by Papo and Schleich who did'nt want to sell anything  to them after showing! Apparently, it becomes more and more difficult to independants sellers!.. the name is "Pomme d'Api" a very beautiful and big bazar but rather expensive (but far less than ordering pieces with  shipping cost!)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 2:31 am

an extinct species: Coelodonta antiquitatis

first raw: Wild republic, Geoworld
second raw: 5 Starlux
third raw: Bullyland, Geoworld, Papo, Safari ltd and Bullyland

Last edited by Caracal on Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 2:32 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 7:13 am

Dear Rtas, I just know one, in Montpellier, an independant games shop in which I could find some, sometimes. By now, it has mainly Papo and safari ltd but he explained to me that he chooses himself the brands and collections when he goes to professional markets. At the last one, one month ago in Germany, he and his daughter he works with, have been" thrown away" by Papo and Schleich who did'nt want to sell anything to them after showing! Apparently, it becomes more and more difficult to independants sellers!.. the name is "Pomme d'Api" a very beautiful and big bazar but rather expensive (but far less than ordering pieces with shipping cost!)

I see. You are lucky that there is at least one shop selling CollectA close to your home. I have never found one in the whole "Grand Ouest", and I have visited every single toy shop there is, looking for retired Schleich or Papo models. I found a shop selling Mojo once, and I bought a black crested macaque, but it had to stop offering them because of supply issues...

I am aware of the independant sellers' difficulties, they have apparently big problems with Schleich which is asking for more and more conditions to sell and a some of them are shifting to Papo which seems to be easier going. Hopefully some of them may also shift to CollectA, Mojo or Safari, but I feel like those brands are almost unknown to most sellers...

That's a shame because choosing a model in the shop is absolutely more fun and rewarding than ordering online. I would go insane if I ever found a shop selling another brand than Schleich or Papo !
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 1:35 pm

Hey Caracal , here you go Very Happy

As we can see also from the Rtas`s photo, the Papo one is bigger than the Schleich Black Rhino

I don`t have the older Safari White rhino, which you have, but I have this one ( which I don`t like so much) to compare with the Collecta :

And perhaps , this Black one from Ravensburger , will be also interesting for you  Very Happy  :

Last edited by costicuba on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 1:47 pm

And since I started, let`s show more interesting models, and comperations :

What about this one - PNSO White Rhino ?  Very Happy :

Or this little guy .. again PNSO , but Black Rhino :

But it is not so little and actually bigger than Kaiyodo Wild Rush White rhino :

Ok, I think the Kaiyodo one goes well in size with this made in China and a bit funny Black rhino :

And .. just for fun ..
The huuuuge PNSO White Rhino (unpainted nodel) , with his much smaller friend :

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 2:48 pm

And more photos of these two PNSO Rhinos, can be seen on my new topic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wink

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 8:00 pm

Very Happy Thanks a lot Kosta for these useful pictures! The first one shows well the 2 rhino have the same size but the CollectA white is more stocky. That 's perfect for me and thanks to Rtas and you, I shall order this latter very soon!

But I shall keep my Safari white as a youger guy because I like it a lot. The Kaïodo Wild Rush that you present looks like it a lot at a smaller scale and I Think I would like to have it for my 1/32 scale collection for the Starlux WWF one is too expensive (about min 50 euros!)..

the little PNSO are very alive! the white is very beautiful but I find the black one a little too alive!..

The hugue is very well but a little too hugue for me!

It seems you are fond of rhinos Kosta!.. for my best! cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Curiously, I love the black Ravensburger you posted Kosta Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 10:51 pm

I enjoy this way of presenting your models in this kind of topics.
In pairs with a famous one presenting the less known what helps a lot to check the sizes.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 11:56 pm

Phantastic rhinos especially the PNSO

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 9:22 am

Thank`s guys
And glad to help Caracal :)

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Show us yours :-
Jump to: