Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thailand Tiger Temple

Go down 
+6
animalluvr6
widukind
Elros Alvar
Taylcoel
SUSANNE
smithyboy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
smithyboy

smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

Thailand Tiger Temple Empty
PostSubject: Thailand Tiger Temple   Thailand Tiger Temple EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:56 am

Hi guys, I was wondering if I can have your opinion on the tiger temple in Kanchanburi in Thailand.
I will be going to Thailand in January next year and wanted to know if the temple was worth going to.
And if their are any other great places you recommend please share with me.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Thailand Tiger Temple   Thailand Tiger Temple EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 1:12 pm

WOW! Thailand ! Shocked

I am going to watch this , I hope you get lots of good ideas, and a WONDERFUL trip cheers

Taylcoel

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Thailand Tiger Temple   Thailand Tiger Temple EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:29 pm

i do not know anything but hope you have a great time! cheers cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Thailand Tiger Temple   Thailand Tiger Temple EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Congrats smithyboy cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
I do not know anything of the most famous places of Thailand scratch , but I'm sure , That are beautiful. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Thailand Tiger Temple   Thailand Tiger Temple EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:35 pm

I hear from this temple and think that is interesting. Why not, i think that is not commercial and the tigers havent a bad life. It is a kind how can liv humans and animals together scratch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
smithyboy

smithyboy

PostSubject: Re: Thailand Tiger Temple   Thailand Tiger Temple EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:26 am

Thanks for your replies guys, it is offical, we're going. cheers cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Thailand Tiger Temple   Thailand Tiger Temple EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:44 am

From Wikipedia :
Criticism and reports on animal abuse.
It is claimed that the Tiger Temple's philosophy for animal conservation is flawed and involves malnutrition, physical abuse, horrible living conditions, and use of sedatives to calm tigers.[2] Care for the Wild International claimed that based on information collected between 2005 and 2008 the Tiger Temple is involved in clandestine exchange of tigers with the owner of a tiger farm in Laos contravening the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species and national laws of Thailand and Laos. It claimed it operates as a tiger breeding facility without having a respective license as required under the Thai Wild Animals Reservation and Protection Act of 1992.[3]

Since the report by Care for the Wild International, a coalition of 39 prominent conservation groups, including the Humane Society International, the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, the World Society for the Protection of Animals and the World Wide Fund for Nature, have penned a letter to the Director General of National Parks in Thailand under the name 'The International Tiger Coalition'.[4] This letter urges the Director General to take action against the Tiger Temple over its import and export of 12 tigers with Laos, its lack of connection with accredited conservation breeding programmes, and to genetically test the tigers at the Tiger Temple in order to determine their pedigree and value to tiger conservation programmes. It concludes that the 'Temple does not have the facilities, the skills, the relationships with accredited zoos, or even the desire to manage its tigers in an appropriate fashion. Instead, it is motivated both in display of the tigers to tourists and in its illegal trading of tigers purely by profit.'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

scratch Rolling Eyes

Here in Copenhagen Zoo, the tigers killed a young man a few weeks ago.
Somehow he had climbed into their enclosure during night and was found dead in the morning.
It was reported that the tigers "had played with him", - tigeres are NOT pets .

animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Thailand Tiger Temple   Thailand Tiger Temple EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Congrats! I would love to see tigers! Have a great time there! cheers

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Thailand Tiger Temple   Thailand Tiger Temple EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:53 pm

I have my doubts for places like the Tiger temple... I wish it was different, but....

By the way, don't they drug the animals to make them calm so that visitors can take photos with them?

SUSANNE wrote:

Here in Copenhagen Zoo, the tigers killed a young man a few weeks ago.
Somehow he had climbed into their enclosure during night and was found dead in the morning.
It was reported that the tigers "had played with him", - tigeres are NOT pets .

I remember that! It was on the newspapers here, too!

smithyboy

smithyboy

PostSubject: Re: Thailand Tiger Temple   Thailand Tiger Temple EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:09 am

That's what I heard, but an Australian vet named Chris Brown,
went over and said that the tigers are calm because of their early human contact from birth and
what time of the day visitors are actually allowed up close to the tigers.
The time of the day is after they have a feed and have exercised so they are more relaxed and just want to chill out.

Country/State : india

PostSubject: Re: Thailand Tiger Temple   Thailand Tiger Temple EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:40 pm

happy visit.
Back to top Go down
Vondan

Vondan

Country/State : USA / Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Thailand Tiger Temple   Thailand Tiger Temple EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:06 am

I would recommend NOT going to the temple dedicated to rats ware they let the rats poop in the milk
Back to top Go down
isaac_at_sts

isaac_at_sts

Country/State : China

PostSubject: Re: Thailand Tiger Temple   Thailand Tiger Temple EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:08 pm

I know it. I have watched a movie about the Temple farao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thailand Tiger Temple   Thailand Tiger Temple Empty

Back to top Go down

Thailand Tiger Temple
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: What else ? :: Wildlife-
Jump to: