Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details

Go down 
+5
HKHollinstone
ken yeo
Kikimalou
Roger
Sergey
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details    Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details   - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 12:39 am

I agree with you Scott. I also raised this matter in the past and I refuse to have this incorrect figure in my collection.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details    Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details   - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:00 am

Scott, that was also always my oppinion and there's no problem at all bringing it back again. :)
I also wished to see someone repainting it in a leopard. I don't know if it would turn in a perfect leopard but surely more close to reality than with a jaguar. Anytime I see this cat in a shop I think in how beautiful it is but never bought it just because of the reasons you told before. My jaguar is the Schleich one. Maybe the only thing I don't like in Schleich figure is the poor texture, in fur and also a lack of muscular expression. I believe the almost plain texture was to turn the painting easier in terms of manofacturing process.
Although it is an excelent idea and Papo loves to reuse their resources, I don't believe they will repaint it in a leopard to replace other version and later introduce a new jaguar. Safari jaguar looks also morphologically very good as well as Mojo's leopard have a good conformation.
Honestly, judging the fantastic work that Mojo and CollectA are making and seeing that a jaguar is not present in their ranges, my hope goes to these brands. cat

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details    Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details   - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:55 am

Probably it's time for Papo to make a more precise proportion on Jaguar. It there can make a tiger and lioness so success and just puzzle why Jaguar doesn't seen to fit the bill.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details    Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details   - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:24 am

My point is still the same : Since this one is smaller than PAPO leopard, it could be a fine clouded leopard Wink
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details    Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details   - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Gabe wrote:
I agree with you Scott. I also raised this matter in the past and I refuse to have this incorrect figure in my collection.

Thanks Gabe. I do love the Papo sculpting, but I understand entirely why you won't get it. I almost didn't get it myself.

Roger wrote:
I also wished to see someone repainting it in a leopard. I don't know if it would turn in a perfect leopard but surely more close to reality than with a jaguar.

I would love to see that too. Harriet would do a wonderful job.

Roger wrote:
My jaguar is the Schleich one. Maybe the only thing I don't like in Schleich figure is the poor texture, in fur and also a lack of muscular expression.

Although it is an excelent idea and Papo loves to reuse their resources, I don't believe they will repaint it in a leopard to replace other version and later introduce a new jaguar.

I agree with you on both counts Roger: my favorite is the Schleich. In fact, I don't even have the complaints that you do; I just adore that figure. I think you are right, though, that Papo would never do what I wish they would do. There's no profit in it, and a lot of cost. Financially, it makes no sense. It only makes sense to a weird, obsessive collector like me.

ken yeo wrote:
Probably it's time for Papo to make a more precise proportion on Jaguar. It there can make a tiger and lioness so success and just puzzle why Jaguar doesn't seen to fit the bill.

I really wish they would Ken. A papo jaguar as good as their lioness or tiger would be amazing!

Kikimalou wrote:
My point is still the same : Since this one is smaller than PAPO leopard, it could be a fine clouded leopard Wink

Christophe, I think this is a great point (and I thought so when I read the thread earlier). If Harriet and/or Anna had unlimited time and resources, maybe they could paint one as a leopard and another as a clouded leopard. I would love to see the results.

Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details    Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details   - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:28 am

Maybe it's a lepjag - that is, a leopard/jaguar hybrid? Laughing I'm only half kidding... odds are these crosses can be as morphologically diverse as ligers and tigons.

I've been thinking of repainting mine, but it's just so dang beautiful! (Plus spots are really hard to paint...)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details    Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details   - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:47 am

I agree with you Scott! cheers cheers cheers Wink

PostSubject: Re: Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details    Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2