Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+5
ken yeo
Wildheart
Kiryuha
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 1:30 am

After the Arctic wolf, here is another model which I consider as a masterpiece : The Walrus !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With his SCHLEICH friend

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:32 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:10 am

I was just looking at this model yesterday, thinking how detailed it is. Thank you Christophe for the walk around pictures, it's a wonderful model! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:02 am

Safari walrus looks definitely better than the Schleich one. But I won't call it a masterpiece - I think its painting is not up-to-the-mark.
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:13 am

Kiryuha wrote:
Safari walrus looks definitely better than the Schleich one. But I won't call it a masterpiece - I think its painting is not up-to-the-mark.

Maybe it's not a masterpiece but only "the best ever made" ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:19 am

This one is also new to me,so the photos realy helped me out!On my wish-list!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:31 am

Kiryuha wrote:

About painting... The way I show the animals is very cruel for the models. The pic you see are bigger than the model and the lense I use is really sharp.
I don't give a chance in my reviews because I want to show models that are not the easier to have in hands before buying them. Safari are very uncommon in european shops so...

But you would find your masterpieces painting very crude under my camera  Wink

The only pic which looks like you can see it on a shelf is this one.

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:48 am

Kikimalou wrote:
About painting... The way I show the animals is very cruel for the models.
That's absolutely right! Your macro shots are very detailed and sharp, but what is good in terms of lenses and cameras isn't always good for taking pictures of toy animals Wink
Kikimalou wrote:
But you would find your masterpieces painting very crude under my camera Wink ...

Yeah, even the best figures would show their flaws under your camera :)
But, concerning the walrus - I've held the Safari one in my hands and wasn't impressed, so I know what I'm talking about Wink
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:55 am

Kiryuha wrote:
But, concerning the walrus - I've held the Safari one in my hands and wasn't impressed, so I know what I'm talking about Wink

ok Kiryl, if it's a love affair, there is nothing more to say Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:23 pm

I bought it too! But I still like the Schleich Walrus more than the Safari Walrus. Thanks for walk around review!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:16 pm

Four collectors... Four or maybe five point of view Laughing

Since my Safari is at home, the Schleich only plays the supporting role.
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:58 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Kiryuha wrote:

About painting... The way I show the animals is very cruel for the models. The pic you see are bigger than the model and the lense I use is really sharp.
I don't give a chance in my reviews because I want to show models that are not the easier to have in hands before buying them. Safari are very uncommon in european shops so...

But you would find your masterpieces painting very crude under my camera Wink

The only pic which looks like you can see it on a shelf is this one.

...I,m agree with Kiki and Kirill - the Safari model is more better than Schlech,s model. I have,nt it because Safari almost absent in toy-shops of Russia. All my Safari models I have bought in US in 2000. Sad Sad Sad

Last edited by Sergey on Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:07 am

Sergey wrote:
...I,m agree with Kiki and Kirill - the Safari model is more better than Schlech,s model. I have,nt it because Safari almost absent in toy-shops of Russia. All my Safari models I had buy in US in 2000. Sad Sad Sad

No No No No What a Face You are not alone... No safari in France too, my only way to buy them is the web Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:02 am

What a great walrus my friend, i think it is very realistic, and the colouration can be different sometimes, it is how the animal dries up after leaving the water, and on which kind of substance he was lying around...
I saw them in this colour too, and in greyish, and even pinkish... Rolling Eyes
I saw these animals from very near in a marine-zoo here in Holland, and this model looks exactly like them, very very nice mon ami! cheers

PostSubject: It is Time to come back   Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:57 am

Dear friends, when we talk about a figure, we are talking about an sculptor around a bunch of pictures and clay, spending hours to get the best sculpture posible. I have one working for me right now, and believe me, these kind of artist belong to other world.
The Safari ltd, Walruss it is a masterpiece, in dimensions, expression, but i have to admit that the paint work could be a little better, and the final price higher.
We have a dilema here, 6 dollars walrus or 36 dollars walrus, the anwser that is more then ovious.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:47 pm

Of course Gab!
It wouldn't be fair to compair handcrafted figurines from your sculptor, Ana, or Danny's sculptor with normal production figurines... Rolling Eyes

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Fantastic pictures Very Happy

And, yes, often you see a lot more detail on a photo than in "real life".
That is one reason I like to take pix of the figueres, often I discover new details Wink
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

Walrus - Wild Safari Sealife, walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1