Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cleaning Schleich>>>

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nova

Country/State : Canada

Cleaning Schleich>>> Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning Schleich>>>   Cleaning Schleich>>> EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:36 pm

I received a package from Germany today. The lot included a Holsteiner, Thoroughbred and Haflinger horse.
They arrived in rather poor condition- way more marks/rubs then mentioned or pictured in the auction.
Do you clean your Schleich items? is water safe? I think some of the marks may be removable..

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Schleich>>>   Cleaning Schleich>>> EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:37 am

Well Nova I can only share an experience with a pink pig figure and that was that I did not have any success trying to remove ink or black marker, even when I used nail polish remover (acetone). Of course doing it to a pink pig I didn't have to worry about any paint coming off with the acetone which I'm sure would happen with other figures. As Willy once told me you could soak them for a bit to soften any dirt buildup before using gentle soap and water and I personally like to use a Q-tip rather than a soft toothbrush. I think with some of the older figures like the Brown Swiss or even some older Holstein cows I dont' know that their paint job is very good and would hesitate to rub on them with anything other than a Q-tip as their paint may come off. I know there are others in the forum like the soon-to-be-birthday-boy Willybacoman who has much knowledge about many things as well as this type of question ~ he is almost ancient you know Rolling Eyes I'm sure he will join into your thread as I hope will others to share their success cheers and failures Crying or Very sad on cleaning the little critters. Let me know how successful you are. ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
schmidtchenschleich

Country/State : Germany NRW

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Schleich>>>   Cleaning Schleich>>> EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:52 am

Cleaning the rubber is no problem. You could use Xylol / paint brush cleaner.
But the Schleichpaint even goes away with Xylol.
A pink pig is no problem to clean so. But a horse has a many paintings on it, and even alcohol takes the paint away. So you must be verry carefully and take only very soft things to clean like make up clothes.
Good luck
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Schleich>>>   Cleaning Schleich>>> EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:27 pm

I've never washed figures from my collection, only the acacia tree.
But my kids have played with their Schleich critters in water and it didn't damage the painting. Instead, kids damaged their figures by throwing and pucnching them many times, but that's another story...
By the way, me and my son use the already damaged figures to play mini-soccer with them.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Schleich>>>   Cleaning Schleich>>> EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:46 pm

I use tepid water, sulpho (ordinary for washing up by hand, - not maschine wash) and a soft brush to clean old Schleich. It does not damage them at all and it is impressive what difference it can make to a poor mistreated animal drunken
Strong chemicals, - well that has already been dealt with Cool
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Nova

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Schleich>>>   Cleaning Schleich>>> EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:31 am

Thank you Susanne! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Schleich>>>   Cleaning Schleich>>> Empty

Back to top Go down

Cleaning Schleich>>>
Page 1 of 1