Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to make copies...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

How to make copies... Empty
PostSubject: How to make copies...   How to make copies... EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask (and I'm not sure if this topic already existed) but I was wondering how you make copies of custom figures. And mostly how you make the mold. Ad a few photos if possible! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: How to make copies...   How to make copies... EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:35 pm

nobody? Crying or Very sad
I saw the video of how bullyland made copies of the polar bear... can you make a mold with gesso/plaster (gips)?

Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: How to make copies...   How to make copies... EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:40 pm

I can tell you from my experience - if figure is small and is made from plastic, you can try this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It is used by dentists to make a mold of you teeth :) It is cheap and available in shops for dental technicians. But it is only for one copy maybe. I've also used plaster to fill it. I'm actually waiting for silicone to make molds, you can make from it up to 30 copies and I will also use plaster in this case :)
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: How to make copies...   How to make copies... EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:52 pm

Fisva wrote:
I can tell you from my experience - if figure is small and is made from plastic, you can try this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It is used by dentists to make a mold of you teeth :) It is cheap and available in shops for dental technicians. But it is only for one copy maybe. I've also used plaster to fill it. I'm actually waiting for silicone to make molds, you can make from it up to 30 copies and I will also use plaster in this case :)

Thank you very much! I made a figure with wax, but because I can't paint it (and keep it in good condition) I thought that maybe I could make a copy scratch

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: How to make copies...   How to make copies... EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm sorry, I never made a mold No But you can PM some molding members Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make copies...   How to make copies... Empty

Back to top Go down

How to make copies...
Page 1 of 1