Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!

Go down 
+37
zosenwoans
NandO
AlvinCK
JonasV
WILLYBACOMAN
Steve170
Duck-Anch-Amun
sphyrna18
jarda
A-J
Bongo
HKHollinstone
bojan
Fisva
ken yeo
donny ong
pm64
carlysulli
animalluvr6
Numa
Philter4
Sergey
cattlecollector
Taos
Kiryuha
STORMnl
lucky luke
scot(t)
Saarlooswolfhound
Ana
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
PeGe
alexmotoc
widukind
skysthelimit
Roger
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
carlysulli

carlysulli

Country/State : United States, North Carolina

Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 01:57

Fantastic figure!!!! Well done Mojo! Sad(o)): Shocked Razz Very Happy cheers

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 02:16

Oh my stars!!!The so long wished clouded leopard cheers cheers Sad(o)): thank you Mojo! This year the asian fauna has been greatly enriched
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 02:20

Awesome! Sad(o)): Sad(o)):
An addition to my hitlist. bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 04:13

At last, we seen one on the market! Beautiful!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 04:48

Roger wrote:
Yes, they have really long tails and short legs just like me! alien

I guess this post would pleased Willy Laughing
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 05:38

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing more than pleased!!

alexmotoc

Country/State : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 07:07

the cub...where is the cub??? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 08:15

Such a shame that Mojo is not available in Poland Neutral The leopard is beautiful!!!
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 08:21

I wasn't expecting it for the last one (I thought it would be Takin made by Anna! well maybe next year).
That tail is just wonderful and the face wow! Now the path is open for other brands too to start making smaller cats as well (Ocelot, Caracal, Serval..) not just the regular big ones.
Well done, Mojö!

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 09:42

He's lovely cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 10:06

[quote="Bojan"]I wasn't expecting it for the last one (I thought it would be Takin made by Anna! well maybe next year).
That tail is just wonderful and the face wow! Now the path is open for other brands too to start making smaller cats as well (Ocelot, Caracal, Serval..) not just the regular big ones.
Well done, Mojö![/quote

Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 14:11

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 14:26

PeGe wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Bongo

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 15:11

Really nice, Moyo made a cat which looks like similar to a clouded leopard, but unfortunately, it just looks like one, too bad, tehy didn't made really a clouded leopard.

So I think, I should send them pcitures of clouded leopards, so can they see, how this species is looking, so maybe they will recognize, they made a totally wrong body,a wrong colour and wrong spots, and whats worse-its smiling !

Mojo made a really good step in the right direction doing great and unuasally species-now thyy have to do the next step, to make GREAT and realistic looking figures of them-maybe in a couple of years. I hope, they will do then better models of the same specis......

Not all of their figures are bad, but this one is of them worse models from Mojo,also the honey badgers:cry:

And no, I'm NOT to strong with them, just dissappointed.
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 17:04

I do think it looks like a clouded leopard cat and a very beautiful one! it's already on my wish list !
Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 Large_Clouded_leopard_RE_Worlds_strangest_looking_animals-s508x338-2802-580

Last edited by A-J on Sun 16 Dec 2012, 17:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 17:06

widukind wrote:
Absolutly the best clouded leopard in the collector market!!! I think i will add this clouded leopard in my zoo sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

And yes , thanks Mojö cheers cheers cheers cheers

Andreas, I hope You are joking right now Laughing
IMHO there are way better clouds (regardless these cats are smaller) Wink
Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 091010

After some good/very good figures from Mojo 2013 production (emu, vulture, gaur or quagga) I think this one is rather bad than average one. Poor sculpt (of head - at least), unrealistic bad painting and weird face painting... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
What is so interesting on the caudal part of this figure? (or better question: Why we can not see the head from the front view?)

O.T.: After I saw two Mojo birds from 2013, I was very curious for announced crowned crane or secretary bird. Why Mojo decided not to release these?! cat cat cat cat cat cat cat were, are and probably will be Papo domain Laughing
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2012, 00:34

jarda wrote:
widukind wrote:
Absolutly the best clouded leopard in the collector market!!! I think i will add this clouded leopard in my zoo sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

Andreas, I hope You are joking right now Laughing

After some good/very good figures from Mojo 2013 production (emu, vulture, gaur or quagga) I think this one is rather bad than average one. Poor sculpt (of head - at least), unrealistic bad painting and weird face painting... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
What is so interesting on the caudal part of this figure? (or better question: Why we can not see the head from the front view?)

O.T.: After I saw two Mojo birds from 2013, I was very curious for announced crowned crane or secretary bird. Why Mojo decided not to release these?! cat cat cat cat cat cat cat were, are and probably will be Papo domain Laughing

I've always wondered if those Kaiyodos were actually meant to be Clouded Leopards. I mean, I know they're often sold as that, but I don't know how that fits with the Animals of Japan theme. However, I've also seen them listed as Leopard Cats, with the black one listed as an Iriomote Cat.

Leopard Cat
[img]Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 Leopar10[/img]

I mean, the tail on those figures is really short if that's actually a clouded leopard. I'm not saying it's not a clouded leopard - I'm just saying that it seems like a really obvious mistake for Kaiyodo to have made.

And besides, I also own those figures, and I don't see them as being the be-all end-all of clouded leopards. I just see them as being the only real contenders right now. But it wouldn't be hard to convince me that they aren't actually clouded leopards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2012, 01:52

Bongo wrote:
Really nice, Moyo made a cat which looks like similar to a clouded leopard, but unfortunately, it just looks like one, too bad, tehy didn't made really a clouded leopard.

So I think, I should send them pcitures of clouded leopards, so can they see, how this species is looking, so maybe they will recognize, they made a totally wrong body,a wrong colour and wrong spots, and whats worse-its smiling !

Mojo made a really good step in the right direction doing great and unuasally species-now thyy have to do the next step, to make GREAT and realistic looking figures of them-maybe in a couple of years. I hope, they will do then better models of the same specis......

Not all of their figures are bad, but this one is of them worse models from Mojo,also the honey badgers😢

Hello Bongo, I think Pege made a very interesting comment saying that the sculpting is great but the painting is simplified for mass production. Though I think it is far from bad and the sculpting looks superb to me. Anyway, I see you have a very different opinion and you really look sad. It surely means that you have high expectations from Mojo and that you wanted a figure even better. study
However I think that sending pictures of clouded leopard to a brand that listens to us and read respectfully all our comments, trying to say that the brand doesn't know what it is, is an unrespectful thing. Though, I'd loved to receive your pictures and explanations on my e-mail and discuss them friendly with you. If you're right, I'm sure Mojo will consider and change what possible, it is a brand that has a huge respect for us and you surely appreciate it. Very Happy

Last edited by Roger on Thu 08 Sep 2022, 11:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2012, 02:05

sphyrna18 wrote:
jarda wrote:
widukind wrote:

Andreas, I hope You are joking right now Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 1967212708

I've always wondered if those Kaiyodos were actually meant to be Clouded Leopards. I mean, I know they're often sold as that, but I don't know how that fits with the Animals of Japan theme. However, I've also seen them listed as Leopard Cats, with the black one listed as an Iriomote Cat.

Leopard Cat
[img]Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 Leopar10[/img]

I mean, the tail on those figures is really short if that's actually a clouded leopard. I'm not saying it's not a clouded leopard - I'm just saying that it seems like a really obvious mistake for Kaiyodo to have made.

And besides, I also own those figures, and I don't see them as being the be-all end-all of clouded leopards. I just see them as being the only real contenders right now. But it wouldn't be hard to convince me that they aren't actually clouded leopards.

I'm sure the left and lighter one is a clouded leopard, the continental species. I only can tell it from markings once a sitting pose is always very poor in terms of shape information. Maybe the 2nd one is a Sunda but I'm not sure. The 3rd one cannot be a clouded leopard, unless there is a completely unknown pattern for me.
Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 SSB-1370-3794B

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2012, 02:22

Roger wrote:
I'm sure the left and lighter one is a clouded leopard, the continental species. I only can tell it from markings once a sitting pose is always very poor in terms of shape information. Maybe the 2nd one is a Sunda but I'm not sure. The 3rd one cannot be a clouded leopard, unless there is a completely unknown pattern for me.

I agree that pelage color for the yellow and grey ones looks like a clouded leopard, but I was just wondering if Kaiyodo has ever actually called them Clouded Leopards. If they have, then how did they fit into the Animals of Japan theme, and what is the story of the "black" one? I've never seen a black clouded leopard like that. Also, given that clouded leopards' tails are easily as long as their HBL, don't you think that the Kaiyodo's tails are a little short? Plus, the painting isn't all that wonderful on the Kaiyodo's. It's okay, but not wonderful.

I think that to say that these are THE BEST clouded leopards is perhaps a little zealous; I have them - they're pretty decent, and I'm glad I have them. But I've never held them as the standard-bearer of what a clouded leopard should look like. I think Mojo's clouded leopard is understandably simplistic in paint-scheme, given the cost of complex painting, but I think the sculpt looks great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2012, 02:34

sphyrna18 wrote:
Roger wrote:

I agree that pelage color for the yellow and grey ones looks like a clouded leopard, but I was just wondering if Kaiyodo has ever actually called them Clouded Leopards. If they have, then how did they fit into the Animals of Japan theme, and what is the story of the "black" one? I've never seen a black clouded leopard like that. Also, given that clouded leopards' tails are easily as long as their HBL, don't you think that the Kaiyodo's tails are a little short? Plus, the painting isn't all that wonderful on the Kaiyodo's. It's okay, but not wonderful.

I think that to say that these are THE BEST clouded leopards is perhaps a little zealous; I have them - they're pretty decent, and I'm glad I have them. But I've never held them as the standard-bearer of what a clouded leopard should look like. I think Mojo's clouded leopard is understandably simplistic in paint-scheme, given the cost of complex painting, but I think the sculpt looks great.

Chad, I have no idea why they are introduced in a Japanese theme. I don't know Caiyodo enough to understand how their series of animals are built. I agree the tail is short for a clouded leopard and as I told, a sitting cat is always hard to judge in terms of sculpting. I also agree that the painting of Mojo figure is simplistic and the Caiyodo is anything special. I believe also that the texture is not as rich as in Mojo figure and the pose of Mojo is beautiful in my opinion. Anyway, I am always suspect once I participated on the development of the figure, so hardly it would look bad for me once I ahve the chance of giving my imput. I think Caiyodo, from what I know, can give us some very wonderful figures, mainly those with delicate parts, but as all brands, some are better others are not so good. These cats don't impress me but I believe they are very small and that they are very good respecting their size. Only from pictures, I don't have any doubt that I like best Mojo figure but there are surely some Caiyodo that I like best than Mojo relatives. Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2012, 13:27

jarda wrote:

To my eyes also Papo big cats are also still the best (perhaps will stay the best in future too) but I don't expect Papo ever release Clouded Leopard. :) Also I don't think Mojo or any brand could stop releasing cats species only because Papo cat are better, each brand do need wild cats in Wildlife range :)

Also, I feel like I would like to say it again, I really like the Mojo C.L., it's in very cute pose, has nice face , correct proportions and good sculpt in general (at least in my opinion :) ) Painting IS simplified but factories have their limitations. I can't wait to get this figure and repaint it Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2012, 14:23

Hooray finally a cloudes leopard Very Happy I voted in the mojo-wishthread for a clouded Leopard, but Gaur and Barbirusa got more votes - so I´m happy that this wonderful species is anyway made by mojo Very Happy
It will an expensive year for me and Mojo is next to collecta on top with the stoat, honey badger, gaur, clouded leopard an the tamandua cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2012, 16:08

Bongo wrote:

Not all of their figures are bad, but this one is of them worse models from Mojo,also the honey badgers😢

Bongo, seriously... Could you tell me what model, what toy, what figurine is good enough to enjoy you, I can't remember.

sphyrna18 wrote:

For a long time, this one was the best Clouded leopard I knew, simply because I haven't any competitor on shelf. Even if it is not the best KAIYODO ever, it is more convincing as a Clouded leopard than as a leopard cat. KAIYODO already made a better leopard cat in 2001 Wink
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2012, 17:16

i don't think the kaiyodo Neofelis is actually a marbled cat. You can find it as iriomote cat, but the the Iriomote cat is a bnational treasure of japan and there are also figurines of that species existing, so i don't thingk there's a mistake outside the internnational auction market,...It's pretty obvious a short-tailed clouded leopard, maybe after a stroke,...;-p
I really like to get the grey one one day as he looks far better than the yellowish one. I#ve never seen a picture of a more or less melanistic Neofelis but the original pattern makes it easy to think of a specimen with bigger blackish spots. So the dark figurine is also possible. i really like the mojo figurine as it's a very good pose for a clouded leopard. If you ever watsched a family with yougsters of several ages, i did this twice this summer, you can see how careful they notice what's happening around them and how cowered they move actually. So this figurines captures a specimen that's walking toward a tree and raising it's head to see when and how to start climbing,....or it's walking on a branch watching a bird,....the painting of the pattern is bad although several essential markings are placed pretty well.
On the other hand it's a result of industrial painting so i can't imagine a different realistic result. the head shape is very good for a female, the tail is long enough and get's thicker to the tip. It will be a fine partner fos my custom figurine.Btw., due to this discussion, i also corrected the tail of my rework today

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next