Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best animal figure in 2010

Go down 
+25
Numa
Joe
Lasersword1973
remowshake
Rio
landrover
Suebeedo
Nova
Gabe
aandmkw
atabini
MartinH
WILLYBACOMAN
zbyszek
baltimore zoo
Admin
remrock02
Kikimalou
ken yeo
Roger
HKHollinstone
Ana
Kiryuha
Sergey
SUSANNE
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Best animal figure in 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:26 pm

Embarassed

I have been waiting for several minutes to see if somebody puts a message in.
Perhaps others do the same ?
So, again, - Embarassed

I will be the first maybe ?

I vote for the Schleich Ostrich Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:27 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Embarassed

So, again, - Embarassed

...But there is many the same woderful different models by different brands! And Ken Yeo has offered some nominations (with one from my offer):
Wild life
Farm life
Forest life
Sea life
Insect
Dinosaur
Birds
Maybe is it right? :)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:48 pm

Uhhh, maybe I stuck my nose out, - I always do that alien

Just I saw this and thought it was a new subject clown

Anyway, I love this forum, I know everyone will forgive me.
I hope ...
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:01 pm

Sergey wrote:

...But there is many the same woderful different models by different brands! And Ken Yeo has offered some nominations (with one from my offer):
Wild life
Farm life
Forest life
Sea life
Insect
Dinosaur
Birds
If talking of the new 2010 figures only, those categories are too many.
I propose to give our candidates in only two categories: Wildlife (everything incl. sea animals, birds and insects) and Farmlife. And let's do without Dinosaurs - they'd better have a separate thread.
So, my Top-3 of the Wildlife-2010 is:
1. Collecta Cape buffalo
2. Schleich warthog (boar or sow - it doesn't matter)
3. Collecta Peregrine falcon.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:20 pm

Farm life: Friese stallion by Schleich!! best best
Forest life: Wild rabbit by schleich(I like the way they paint it-like very soft fur)
Wild Life:Joey by Schleich (I just love small kangaroos cat )
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:29 pm

[quote="Kiryuha"]
Sergey wrote:

Wild life
Farm life
Forest life
Sea life
Insect
Dinosaur
Birds
If talking of the new 2010 figures only, those categories are too many.
I propose to give our candidates in only two categories: Wildlife (everything incl. sea animals, birds and insects) and Farmlife. And let's do without Dinosaurs - they'd better have a separate thread.

...Maybe! Laughing Laughing Laughing What will Torben say? :)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Top three for 2010 Schleich from farmlife and wildlife...

Farmlife top three:
Highland cow (or Bull)
Frisian Stallion
Black Forest Stallion
Wildlife top three:
Tapir
Yak
Zebra grazing

From Papo:
Tigress with Cub
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:18 am

My 3 best of 2010
1. CollectA cape buffalo
2. Schleich Yak
3. CollectA peregrine falcon

Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:35 am

My top 3 animals from

Farm Life
Schleich Scottish Highland Bull
Safari Ltd Icelandic Stallion
Schleich Frisian Stallion

Wild Life
Papo Tigress with Cub
Schleich Yak
CollectA African Lion

Bird
Bullyland Great Grey Owl
Schleich Drake

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 5:22 am

Ok 2010 is not dead and I can find more beauties before 2011 but here are my favourite for this millesime :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

confused I think it's not the first thread about this subject Wink

If I have to choose only one, it will be the SAFARI WW Orangutan cheers
Because Ana's takin is so special for me that he is out of competition : It's not a toy... It's a jewel I love you
Back to top Go down
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 6:37 pm

I thought very hard and long about which figure was my favorite for 2010. It was even hard to narrow it down to a top ten. Therefore I have decided to go in another direction for the "Top Animal Figure for 2010. Since humans are animals and we have a "Figurehead" at this forum. Since he is the "TOP DOG" here. And because I just learned that Schleichtiersammler in German has the word "animal" in it. I have decided to nominate Torben as the "Top Animal Figure for 2010" to thank him for all his hard work in creating and maintaining this forum. I hope you all agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 7:40 pm

remrock02 wrote:
I thought very hard and long about which figure was my favorite for 2010. It was even hard to narrow it down to a top ten. Therefore I have decided to go in another direction for the "Top Animal Figure for 2010. Since humans are animals and we have a "Figurehead" at this forum. Since he is the "TOP DOG" here. And because I just learned that Schleichtiersammler in German has the word "animal" in it. I have decided to nominate Torben as the "Top Animal Figure for 2010" to thank him for all his hard work in creating and maintaining this forum. I hope you all agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry

Hi Larry,

thanks for your kind words.

It´s right, that on my homepage and in the forum was a lot do in the beginning. After some mistakes in the beginning i had to program my website 3 times, but now i believe i found the right design. To create the forum was a little bit difficult too, because i had no experiences with something like this. But now i´m very content with all.

Sure, it was a long way, but no hard work. I love to do it and test some new possibilities. It´s my hobby. I have learned in the last years from other collectors a lot too (maybe not the best english). It´s always a pleasure for me to come home. Maybe i´m the "TOP DOG" here, but i´m not for selective.

Thanks to all my friends flower
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:08 pm

Best figures 2010'
PAPO: Tigress w/cub Honorable mention: African Buffalo
SCHLEICH: Grazing Zebra Honorable mention: Tapir
SAFARI LTD: Wildlife Wonders Orangutan Honorable mention: Wildlife Wonders Asian Elephant
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Ok 2010 is not dead and I can find more beauties before 2011 but here are my favourite for this millesime :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

confused I think it's not the first thread about this subject Wink

If I have to choose only one, it will be the SAFARI WW Orangutan cheers
Because Ana's takin is so special for me that he is out of competition : It's not a toy... It's a jewel I love you

...The excellent exposition, Christoph! :) I,m agree that SAFARI WW Orangutan is really beautiful ! But it is so big that must be "eternal lonely" (it,s not possible for me for exmple to put him any landscape!) Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing
... Papo tigress and Schleich wart hogs are the best of course! I, m agree and about nice takin by Anna. Wink But you,ll talk please about species and brands anodher models (bird? - in russian that is "kitoglav", what in english? brand?; what is strange kangaroo? small animals - viverras?)

Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:01 pm

ken yeo wrote:
Bird
Bullyland Great Grey Owl
Schleich Drake
By the way, Bullyland Great Grey Owl looks interesting at catalogue photos. Could you take real-life pics of this owl, Ken? As compared with Schleich birds.

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 4:28 am

Kiryuha wrote:
ken yeo wrote:
Bird
Bullyland Great Grey Owl
Schleich Drake
By the way, Bullyland Great Grey Owl looks interesting at catalogue photos. Could you take real-life pics of this owl, Ken? As compared with Schleich birds.

I don't have it now and the only time I saw it is at Torben website. But for sure I will get it.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 6:26 am

Sergey wrote:
...The excellent exposition, Christoph! :) I,m agree that SAFARI WW Orangutan is really beautiful ! But it is so big that must be "eternal lonely" (it,s not possible for me for exmple to put him any landscape!) Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing
... Papo tigress and Schleich wart hogs are the best of course! I, m agree and about nice takin by Anna. Wink But you,ll talk please about species and brands anodher models (bird? - in russian that is "kitoglav", what in english? brand?; what is strange kangaroo? small animals - viverras?)

Thank you Sergey, I'm glad to know you use the pics as a wallpaper on you computer, I appreciate a lot Very Happy .

The bird is a Shoebill from Japan. It is made by the PHAT COMPANY and it is an awesome figurine. I made a review here in june : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The three little marsupials are "Science & Nature" models. It is an Australian company who make very decent marsupials and other australian fauna. They are indeed really fine Cool .
You can see pics here, just click on the buttons Very Happy : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
zbyszek

zbyszek

Country/State : Gliwice,Poland

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:04 am

Well if it was ranking for the best figure that I would not have spoken. That would be too difficult and unrealistic. But with a few types are different.According to my daughters and was unquestionably the best figures and Ana Yurumi (Takin, Nile Lechwe and African Wild Dogs, Tamandua, Bongo). And it is difficult to identify the best. In each of them is something magical. I guess it is poured into a model piece of the soul of our great artists. I really look delicious. The more that the pictures on which they can see are great (not all corporations pictures in the catalogs come out, IMHO, some are tragic).MANY THANKS ANIU and YURUMI.
However, my younger daughter liked the most
1 - Buffalo (CollectA)
2- Skunks (CollectA)
3- Lynx young(Schleich)
Elder daughter Ali
1 - Tapir
2 - Lynx
3 - Wolf howling
All the Schleich
However, IMHO the best figures in 2010 were
1 - Beaver (CollectA) - as soon as I saw it I immediately fell in my heart. Maybe because it long time ago when the beavers were rare in Poland, I had the opportunity to see the new moon at the edge of the beaver. It looked like the figure Collect. So as soon as I saw him this picture was revived. I had to buy it. And that's why for me the best figure.
2 - Spoonbill walking (CollectA)
3 - Falcon (CollectA)
However, we unanimously liked the Farm Life horses and only horses
1 - Frisian Stallion (Schleich)
2 - Andalusian Mare (Schleich)
3 - Black Appaloosa Stallion (CollectA)
Models who have either chosen or had in his hands and will soon be in our collection
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:35 am

That is a difficult choice every year, and as i don't own any Collecta's for the moment yet, i can't judge them properly...
But far as i know and saw here is my choice:
Wildlife:
Papo tigress with cub
Schleich grazing zebra
Safari Orang Utang

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 8:48 am

Willybacoman, we're on the same page(with our pic's) my animal figure collecting brother!
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 10:04 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Embarassed

So, again, - Embarassed

my personal top 10 .)
1. Papo - tigress with cub
2. Schleich - zebra gracing
3. Papo - cape buffalo
4. CollectA - cape buffalo
5. safari Ltd. - african elephant
6. Schleich - yak
7. Schleich - moose (female)
8. CollectA - lion
9. Schleich - ostrich
10. Safari Ltd. - dromedary
afro
Back to top Go down
https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 10:54 am

MartinH wrote:
my personal top 10 .)
3. Papo - cape buffalo
6. Schleich - yak
8. CollectA - lion
9. Schleich - ostrich
Very reasonable top-10, Martin, but tell me one thing: where in the world are Schleich warthogs???? Very Happy

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 10:56 am

Kiryuha wrote:
MartinH wrote:
my personal top 10 .)
3. Papo - cape buffalo
6. Schleich - yak
8. CollectA - lion
9. Schleich - ostrich
Very reasonable top-10, Martin, but tell me one thing: where in the world are Schleich warthogs???? Very Happy

yeah I know Rolling Eyes they are gorgeous but... it is only top 10 pale Maybe i could make top 20 cheers
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 10:59 am

MartinH wrote:
Kiryuha wrote:

yeah I know Rolling Eyes they are gorgeous but... it is only top 10 pale Maybe i could make top 20 cheers
That is why I wanted to make a thread like this Wink It's always interesting how people perceive the same new stuff in different ways. Cause for me warthogs are the best among all the Schleich-2010: both as a species choice and as figures themselves.

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:06 am

Kiryuha wrote:
MartinH wrote:
Kiryuha wrote:

That is why I wanted to make a thread like this Wink It's always interesting how people perceive the same new stuff in different ways. Cause for me warthogs are the best among all the Schleich-2010: both as a species choice and as figures themselves.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best animal figure in 2010   Best animal figure in 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best animal figure in 2010
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next