Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Repaint of Bayala Cheetah

Go down 
+20
MartinH
ken yeo
tyrantqueen
PeGe
bjarki12
Sumo
Roger
miniNature
scot(t)
baltimore zoo
STORMnl
Saarlooswolfhound
HKHollinstone
animalluvr6
widukind
Fisva
Kikimalou
Ana
skysthelimit
AlvinCK
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AlvinCK

AlvinCK

Country/State : Malaysia

Repaint of Bayala Cheetah Empty
PostSubject: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptySun 13 Jan 2013, 12:22

Yesterday I was helping my niece with her spring cleaning, and she had a whole lot of toys to give away, one of which to my shock was the cheetah and Liassa from Schleich Bayala! She received the box set as a gift last Christmas, but she doesn't collect figurines anymore so I brought it home What a Face I decided to repaint the cheetah as a King. king Sorry for the blurry pics Embarassed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I notice he is also in scale with the Schleich tiger.

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptySun 13 Jan 2013, 13:00

Beautiful animal, very nice repaint...

Last edited by skysthelimit on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 13:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptySun 13 Jan 2013, 13:07

Beautiful repaint Alvin!!! Congratulations and thank You for sharing!!! cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptySun 13 Jan 2013, 13:18

It is a fantastic repaint Sad(o)): I want one bounce Or at least more pics Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptySun 13 Jan 2013, 13:22

Absolutely wonderful!! You did a great job! cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptySun 13 Jan 2013, 13:43

Wow, phantastic repaint cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
AlvinCK

AlvinCK

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptySun 13 Jan 2013, 14:15

Thanks Robert, Ana, Christophe, Fisva and Andreas for the comments sunny sunny

Christophe, my artwork is still full of flaws, need much practice Sad But it is not impossible to work something out in the future Very Happy Meanwhile more pics What a Face

The stripes are not very symmetrical. Mad

I'm not sure if any cheetah has spots on their belly fur, seldom I see so for now I leave out the spots on this one. Anyone knows?

Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptySun 13 Jan 2013, 14:34

I think its gorgeous! Such a beautiful repaint! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptySun 13 Jan 2013, 15:45

Oh wow, beautiful work!! He's stunning cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptySun 13 Jan 2013, 15:56

Holy smokes! Great repaint, it is loads better than before! Great job!
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptySun 13 Jan 2013, 18:46

wel done

you made a great king cheeta of it

martien

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptySun 13 Jan 2013, 21:29

thank you for the pics Alvin, you are making very beautiful flaws Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptySun 13 Jan 2013, 23:16

I am at a loss for words! That really is one of the BEST paint jobs I've seen! You did a terrific job!!!!!! Looks extremely realistic!
Would like to see a pic of the face! Again, truly fantastic job! Wish I had it!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 03:33

I agree with some of the last comments; that's one of the most impressive repaints I've ever seen. I recently just got this model. Seeing this repaint is blowing my mind!! Shocked Shocked It is FANTASTIC!!! Wow!

Amazing work and amazing results!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 03:39

Most impressive for sure! You are very talented!
Back to top Go down
miniNature

miniNature

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 10:02

You have a real talent for painting! :)

AlvinCK

AlvinCK

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 13:07

Thank you so much Kelsey, Harriet, Paige, Martien, Scott, Christophe, Baltimore Zoo and MiniNature, I really treasure all your comments :) sunny

Scott, it is also because the good sculpt and dynamic pose that makes it recognizably cheetah. Thus the colours we paint on will bring out more of the animal's characteristics. That is why the sculpt of the animal has to be importantly realistic as possible.

Baltimore, here is how the face looks like. I have not repaint the eyes yet, I prefer to leave them as it is for now.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 14:40

AlvinCK wrote:
Thanks Robert, Ana, Christophe, Fisva and Andreas for the comments sunny sunny

Christophe, my artwork is still full of flaws, need much practice Sad But it is not impossible to work something out in the future Very Happy Meanwhile more pics What a Face

The stripes are not very symmetrical. Mad
I'm not sure if any cheetah has spots on their belly fur, seldom I see so for now I leave out the spots on this one. Anyone knows?

Alvin, I think also that your work need more practice, so I suggest you to send that king cheetah to me and I send to you some ordinary ones to you practise on them. Laughing
Superb work in a great sculpting. I love that cheetah, only original painting is too simplified and with some flaws.
Normal patterned cheetahs don't have spots in their bellies! Very Happy

AlvinCK

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 15:53

Roger wrote:
Alvin, I think also that your work need more practice, so I suggest you to send that king cheetah to me and I send to you some ordinary ones to you practise on them. Laughing
Superb work in a great sculpting. I love that cheetah, only original painting is too simplified and with some flaws.
Great idea, I would like to have the Safari one, the Papo one, Lineol, Collecta.....tongue What a Face ...Wait a minute....what??? Suspect affraid lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Laughing

Nice pic! It seems they have a little bit of spot here and there only on their chest..but not all over.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 16:12

Gorgeous repaint! I was thinking of doing the same with mine, but I chickened out... that pattern is really complex, kudos for getting it so right!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bjarki12

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 16:41

That's beautiful! Excellent painting! It looks very realistic.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 18:16

[quote="AlvinCK"]
Roger wrote:

Great idea, I would like to have the Safari one, the Papo one, Lineol, Collecta.....tongue What a Face ...

Laughing Lineol cheetah is not an ordinary one. affraid Very Happy
I forgot to tell that they are unspotted in upper throat/chin and central part of the face. Very Happy
Curiously, in further picture, you can see more or less how is the ventral part of a king cheetah: cat

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 18:55

Thanks for showing the face! Again, your painting skills are exceptional! Keep making customs!
Also, Roger thanks for showing the lying cheetah. I think that would be a nice position for another Papo cheetah!
Also, the King cheetah pic is nice!
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 20:25

Congrats! Absolutely stunning, although i'd prefer to see the iranian subspecies rather than a mutation:D

AlvinCK

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah EmptyTue 15 Jan 2013, 00:27

Thanks for the pics Roger! Very Happy I believe the spots are differently located from individual to individual depending on it's genetics much like that causing mutations in the king

Thanks Sumo, Bjarki12 and Philipp!

Sumo you should give it a try. I use a calligraphy brush to work on the spots. It would be fun to see more customs of cheetahs! cheers

Philipp now that you mentioned it I noticed that the Iranian cheetah is closer to the sculpt than to the king, indeed it should be better to paint it as Iranian Neutral

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repaint of Bayala Cheetah   Repaint of Bayala Cheetah Empty

Back to top Go down

Repaint of Bayala Cheetah
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next