Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)

Go down 
+6
carlysulli
Carola
Elros Alvar
SUSANNE
widukind
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
10 posters
AuthorMessage
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

Country/State : Switzerland

My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) Empty
PostSubject: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:32 pm

Here is the last part of my horse collection ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], light horses [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). I confess I'm partial to heavy/draught breeds. Their sweet disposition along with their dignified size makes them real "gentle giants".

When it comes to collecting, ancient breeds, be they heavy or small ones, are my favourite.

I really hope to see a Noriker model made by one of my favourite brands in the near future (*hint*hint*).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Shire by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr
Schleich Shire gelding, mare, foal + Papo Shire

Shire by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr
Schleich Shire stallion (x2)

tinker stallion by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr
Schleich Irish Cob stallion

Irish Cob (Gypsy Vanner Horse) by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr
Schleich Irish cob foal and mare

Clydesdale by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr
Schleich Clydesdale stallion and foal

Clydesdale by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr
Schleich Clydesdale mare

Blackforest (Schwarzwälder) by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr
Schleich Swarzwälder stallion, mare, yearling

Breton by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr
Papo Breton

Boulonnais by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr
Papo Boulonnais

Percheron by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr
Schleich Percheron mare and foal

Percheron by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr
Schleich and Papo Percheron stallion

Belgian by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr
Schleich Belgian (?) gelding

Jutland by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr
Safari Jutland

Hope you like them :)

Last edited by ∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴ on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:35 pm

A phantastic horse collection cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:14 pm

They are wonderful cheers

I LOVE heavy horses, and you take gorgeous pictures Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Congrats cheers cheers I like very much the papo Boulonnais sunny

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:29 pm

The heavies are just great. Especially the Clydesdale mare. She looks so sweet. And I love the movement of the model. Also the Percheron stallion. My favorite Schleich horse of all time I love you
Thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
carlysulli

carlysulli

Country/State : United States, North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:44 pm

Beautiful horses! You have a lovely collection! Razz

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:53 pm

Interesting, while reading your horse topics. I was thinking, could it be another member whose favorite horses are heavy horses? scratch Yes, it is. Laughing I am clearly an exception here with my preference for light horses. Maybe I need to see these huge and robuste animals in real life to change my opinion. Their toy versions doesn't impress me too much. They rarely look like those we see on pictures. Though, the favorite horse of my niece is a Tinker, so everyone abandoned me. Crying or Very sad Wink Laughing
Great pictures and nice figures, honestly, from those, I can see some nobleness on Papo sculptings, I can see not always an excelent finishing but maybe the traditional personality they transmit is getting my atention. cheers

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 4:14 pm

I love those heavy horses! Because I grew up in a time before machines took over the heavy work in the forest and on farms. Nevertheless, the first schleich horses I bought was the knabstrupper stallion and the araber stallion. But my favorite schleich horse is the Percheron stallion.
Thanks for the beautiful pictures of your horses. sunny cheers
Back to top Go down
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:31 pm

Roger wrote:
Interesting, while reading your horse topics. I was thinking, could it be another member whose favorite horses are heavy horses? scratch Yes, it is. Laughing

LOL - I wasn't aware other people here favoured heavy horses. That's interesting to know. Most people I meet in real life definitely favour light horses.

However, as stated, my preference isn't only for draught horses - I like old breeds and working breeds in general. This includes most ponies - and several light horses too.

Maybe it's easier to specify what I don't really care for Razz: namely recent, fancy saddle-breeds. Say, from the XVIII century onwards. Warmbloods and other dressage breeds.

I prefer horses that evolved in response to their natural environment and are closer to their original type (type 1-2, northern areas of Europe and Asia -> ponies; type 3-4, horses from desert areas) or old working breeds. Animals fit to prove their strength, resilience, adaptability even in difficult conditions.

I tend to have similar preferences when it comes to dogs too - I favour lupine, primitive and/or working breeds.

Roger wrote:

Great pictures and nice figures, honestly, from those, I can see some nobleness on Papo sculptings, I can see not always an excelent finishing but maybe the traditional personality they transmit is getting my atention. cheers

I'm waiting for some newer Papo and Safari draught horse figures. I think the quality should be a lot better - I wouldn't be surprised if it turned uot even higher than that of Schleichs.

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Heavy horses are the best :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:11 pm

The new Shire stallion and mare (Schleich):

Shire stallion and mare by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr

Ardennais mare (Papo)
Ardennais mare by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr

And a beautifully detailed Belgian stallion (Safari ltd):

Belgian by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:13 pm

And again cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:07 pm

Ooh, you got those crazy shires! What do you think of them? Rolling Eyes

I saw the stallion in the shop again today and it is indeed a very strange figure, I think. Sculpt and rubber quality, both things very odd.
Back to top Go down
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Carola wrote:
Ooh, you got those crazy shires! What do you think of them? Rolling Eyes

I saw the stallion in the shop again today and it is indeed a very strange figure, I think. Sculpt and rubber quality, both things very odd.

I posted my thoughts on them [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On a happier note, I'm really impressed with the way Safari ltd models have improved. I've got most of the Winner's Circle series models now, I think, and I want to continue collecting them actively. Same with recent Papo horses.

And I can't wait to get my first Mojö figures to compare them to the other brands! Very Happy

Last edited by ∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴ on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 7:21 pm

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴ wrote:

I posted my thoughts on them [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you, and I see, I've actually red that post before, silly me but didn't register it was yours Sleep
Back to top Go down
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:02 pm

And here is the new Shire foal by Schleich.

Actually, the quality of this foal is a lot better than that of its parents. I'm baffled - and pleased of course. Maybe not all hope is lost with Schleich?

Shire foal (Schleich)
Shire foal by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:07 pm

again Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:38 am

I agree, that's the nicest of new Schleich Shires... by far! flower
Schleich is the brand of hope. Very Happy

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:00 am

Newest acquisition:

Percheron (Safari ltd)
Percheron safari by WorldsInMiniature, on Flickr

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Congrats for this phantastic newcomer cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:08 pm

I lost this last beautiful Percheron! I am getting used with heavy horses and starting to enjoy their looking. Beautiful collection and looking forward to see further acquisitions! bounce Very Happy

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 9:48 pm

Nice horse collection!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)   My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April) Empty

Back to top Go down

My collection of horses: draught horses - UPDATED (14th April)
Page 1 of 1