Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aardvark Dieter Eraser?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Daverat

Daverat

Country/State : U.S.A. / California

Aardvark Dieter Eraser? Empty
PostSubject: Aardvark Dieter Eraser?   Aardvark Dieter Eraser? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:17 pm

I know that this is a Dieter rubber eraser from about 1978 but does anybody know the name of this character or what kind of animal this creature is? My first guess was a rat but then my wife pointed out that its probably an Ant Eater / Aardvark and he has a bushy tail like a fox that is not obvious at first but you can see it in the 2nd photo below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Aardvark Dieter Eraser?   Aardvark Dieter Eraser? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:51 pm

Hello, Daverat, wellcome here Very Happy

I am not sure at all, about this weird little fellow !
But maybe your wife is right, - looking at the "hands" and the nose and the bushy tail, it could be an anteater scratch

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Aardvark Dieter Eraser?   Aardvark Dieter Eraser? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:57 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Hello, Daverat, wellcome here Very Happy

I am not sure at all, about this weird little fellow !
But maybe your wife is right, - looking at the "hands" and the nose and the bushy tail, it could be an anteater scratch

hands, global shape, everything of an anteater... But the mouth affraid Laughing I can't say Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Aardvark Dieter Eraser?   Aardvark Dieter Eraser? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:11 am

Welcome on forum! Very Happy
I think, like previous suggestions, that it is a giant anteater. They don't have a mouth like that as Christophe commented but I can't think in a better option. Also, it is just a character so the accuracy was not surely the main goal. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Aardvark Dieter Eraser?   Aardvark Dieter Eraser? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:43 am

Welcome here

I would also say.........a anteater

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Daverat

Daverat

Country/State : U.S.A. / California

PostSubject: Re: Aardvark Dieter Eraser?   Aardvark Dieter Eraser? EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Daverat wrote:
I know that this is a Dieter rubber eraser from about 1978 but does anybody know the name of this character or what kind of animal this creature is? My first guess was a rat but then my wife pointed out that its probably an Ant Eater / Aardvark and he has a bushy tail like a fox that is not obvious at first but you can see it in the 2nd photo below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My wife & I were looking at him again and now we are wondering if he might be a fox owing to the fact that he is wearing a formal jacket, a pink cravat tied about his neck and a matching pink bowler's hat upon his head, all making him seem kinda British. Also, from a certain angle, his face does have a bit of a vulpine air to it which would match up with the bushy tail. So, could he be a fox in a bowler hat, cravat and waist coat, the fox version of of Fagen or is he an Ant eater afterall?

Just wondering still! One one feet, we can clearly see 3 claws painted black. It's not clear if that's the limit of his toes, just that those are his claws. His forepaws also appear to have 3 claws. How many claws do Ant Eaters have?

Anteater in a bowler hat? Fox in a Bowler Hat? whichever he turns out to be, this has been an interesting search!

Susanne, BTW, if those are your cats in your Avatar, they are very lovely. I'm a sucker for the Siamese breed in general and had a lovely Tabby Point named Ching-Hsia from the age of 9 months until her death from Cancer at age 11.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Aardvark Dieter Eraser?   Aardvark Dieter Eraser? EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:18 pm

It is an anteater with a odd mouth, it has anteaters paws, very differnt from Fox paws  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aardvark Dieter Eraser?   Aardvark Dieter Eraser? Empty

Back to top Go down

Aardvark Dieter Eraser?
Page 1 of 1