Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013

Go down 
+15
JackyLovertjex
animalluvr6
baltimore zoo
Carola
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
aandmkw
Ana
bojan
widukind
donny ong
scot(t)
Silver Unicornis
Roger
SUSANNE
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:58 pm

Until this year, I thought that all CollectAs recent horse models looked the same.

Well, this February`s releases surely do NOT look the same cheers
Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Newfeb13_zpsdbd5ab0e

Funny enough, most of my favorite breeds are represented, so I went a bit berserk Embarassed

These Clydesdales are supposed to be black sabino roan. I think the designer mixed roan and grey. A black roan has black head, legs and black ( or mixed black) mane and tail.
Never mind. They are beautyful Very Happy
Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Clydegray13_zpse5136d56

Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Clydefoalhead_zpsbcf50e50

Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Clydegrea13head_zps19bda3a8

Here is the old model.
Not so elegant, but the artist definitely has read the standard for the breed, and I still love this model Wink
Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Clydesdalegreyold_zpsc9b01f22

The new Dartmoor ponies are absolutely fabulous cheers
Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Dartbrown_zps348a1d29

Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Dartbrownhead_zps82558c7d

Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Dartblackhead_zps4c1ec353

Akhal-Tekes should have a shiny coat...this one is ...SHINY affraid
Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Shinyshiny_zpsd1d69036

Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Shinyhead_zpsb8a019b0

Very, very pretty Fjords...a little too pretty perhaps ? scratch
I think I like Izzy better Wink
Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Fjords_zps7e3b0eae

The much discussed przewalski horse.
if you lift his front a bit, he actually looks ok Very Happy
Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Prezeleft_zps2f400035

Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Prezehead_zps81ba94ff

Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Prezeleft1_zpsa03a66e3

The cutest little Shetland I love you
Like the Przewalski, he looks better when lifted a bit off the ground.
I see the idea, - when playing with this model, he can really "jump around" with a little help from the owner Very Happy drunken
Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Sheldapleft_zps88262867

Arrrw ! Isn`t she cute ? drunken
Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Shelhead_zps3c86ac58

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:20 pm

First, congratulations for your new additions. Very Happy
My impressions are very ambiguous among models.
The Clydesdale looks not more than interesting.
Dartmoors look terrific and they are maybe the best horse figures of 2013.
Akhal-Tekes are nice but I don't like the way back legs play with front legs. Maybe it looks strange to me because I'm not very used with horses.
I agree with you about Fjords, seeing pictures of the real thing I have the same feeling that I had with catalogue pictures, too prety, somewhat childish, a Prince. Definitively, not the serious look of a real horse that Ana was able of getting with her work
The przewalski's, although not from the same sculptor, has the same problems has maned wolf, lynx, hyena, it looks they used pictures of animals in an angled perspective. That's the reason why they look better slightly angled.
We cannot see these mistakes easily because most of the pictures we watch online, the animals are also angled.
Shetland is very cute indeed, but Shetlands are cute. So it is nice, also a pose full of action! Very Happy

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:49 pm

My opinions:

Clydesdales - I love the stallion, although he reminds me more of a Shire. Clydesdales are generally a bit more slender and leggy than this model. The foal is nice, but a bit too light for a draught breed foal - maybe could pass as some crossbreed.
I think I wrote it somewhere, but I'll write it again - sabino roans are not the same as true/classic roans. They can be roaned all over the body, including head, lower legs, and mane and tails. They are caused by sabino gene, not roan gene :) Basically all Clydesdales have sabino gene, none has true roan gene. And sabino roans are not uncommon in this breed :)

Dartmoor - this mould is simply beautiful! In other paintjob (e.g. with moderate sabino markings) it could pass as a Welsh A as well :)

Akhal-Teke - way too shiny for my taste. Also a bit too heavy-boned for a typical Teke. I'm thinking of this mould as of Akhal-Teke partbred. I'd love to see a typical, lean Teke someday.

Fjords - the stallion still reminds me more of not fully matured colt, but he's very nice. The foal is just too adorable, I like him/her even more than after seeing promos!

Przewalski - merely looking at him really hurts. Harsh words, but that's how I feel about this model. It could have been such a great model... It looks worse than a caricature for me. For me this is the worst model of all coming out this year. Evil or Very Mad
Deborah, Collecta - I know you CAN do better than this!

Shetland - she could be a bit bigger, but other than that, she's fabulous! I'm thinking of her as of some mini pony after I saw some comparison photos on other forum :) This colour could pass as a mushroom (rare, and still a bit mysterious dilution found only in British Shetlands).

Congrats! Very Happy

Blog | Facebook

Last edited by Mangalarga on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:09 am

Thankyou Roger !
You always say you know nothing of horses, but what you write here is "spot on" Wink

Magda, thankyou for telling me about sabino "roans" !
I didn`t know they could be so grey, only that they could be "flecked"..and I never heard that they are called roan Shocked It is wonderful to learn something new cheers

Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:16 am

Just as a bonus - here are some photos of a sabino roan Clydesdales: http://www.adhorse.co.uk/horseforsale_53263.html :)
Very often the term "roan" is used for describing any horse with coat ticked with white hairs, not only true roans.

By the way, do you mind if I share those photos on two Polish forums? We're hungry for real life photos of these models while we're waiting for them to appear in our country :)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:23 am

Thankyou VERY much for the link, Magda Sad(o)):

Yes, yes, of course you may use the photoes, - that is why I make them Wink

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:28 am

Great pictures and great additions to your collection Susanne!! I love Clydesdales especially and, for my own part, even though I agree that the Akhal-Teke is probably slightly big boned and shiny, it really looks like an Akhal-Teke to me. And I like that, and I like it in general as a model. Overall, the whole set is wonderful and is wonderful set of CollectA figures!

(The one exception is that I agree entirely with Magda: I think the Przewalski's is painful to look at. I don't want to go so far as to say that I think it is objectively awful. But I will say that personally, it does not please me. I may go out and buy another Schleich Przewalski's horse (for a reasonable price) to fill the void in my soul left by collectA's Przewalski's this year. Melodramatic? yes. True? alas, yes.)

But this is just whining. I love your models and your pictures, and I'm also so happy to see more pictures of even the Przewalskis. Thank you!!

Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:51 am

Wow! Susanne, after the maned wolf, now the horses! Big congrats! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):
And thank you for sharing the pics!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:32 am

Congratulations Susanne cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny

Last edited by widukind on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:37 am

Thankyou Scott , Donny and Andreas sunny

bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:59 am

Nice horses, congratulations!
I'm glad I didn't order the Fjord horse, it looks too cute too "Schleichy". I can't wait to see the Przewalski in real, like the Schleich's Shire Mare this is probably the most discussed figurine of 2013 in this forum!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:07 am

Bojan wrote:

I can't wait to see the Przewalski in real, like the Schleich's Shire Mare this is probably the most discussed figurine of 2013 in this forum!

It sure is a weird model Laughing Laughing Laughing
Funny how they found the most clumsy heavy looking model for this species, when all the other models are so elegant...perhaps, as Roger said, McDermott looked at a photo at an angle scratch
Had she just made it with a huge belly, it could have gone for a tired, heavy old mare Rolling Eyes

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 8:49 am

Congratulations Susanne! Wonderful newcomers! cheers cheers cheers

I think this year Deborah did phenomenal work, she is wonderful artist but 2013 news have so much more character and are really AMAZING!! Sad(o)): Sad(o)):
I love pose of Clydesdale, it's so beautiful horse model Very Happy Sad(o)): Dartmoor are incredibly good, just wow, and bay one is must have for me Very Happy
I love very shiny look of Akhal teke too, it's different than most of horse models and I think this is pros, at least for me Very Happy
Only Przewalski came out not good, perhaps too many sculptures had to be done in short time or so, and thus serious mistake appeared. What a shame they didn't wait with showing this breed in 2014, maybe then model could be resculpted and proportion issue fixed scratch
Shetland may finish in my collection too (ahh what a lovely action pose indeed). And Fjord stallion too, because I know Izzy would be happy with such a handsome boyfriend and I think she will be also happy to adopt the foal bounce drunken

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 5:21 pm

Great additions of some beautiful horses. Thanks for the great photos. Really gives you a good idea about each model.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Thankyou, Anna and Amy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 5:50 pm

Congratulation Susanne cheers Unlike Roger... I really know nothing about horses Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 12:11 am

Agh!!! How did I miss this topic! Embarassed Great new additions Susanne! The Akhal has almost the shiny metallic quality of Sumo's painted animals, I like it. Very Happy Beautiful horses, although I am a little disappointed in the Prezwalski's head (its still a little big for my taste) he does look really good other than that. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 12:40 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou Roger !
You always say you know nothing of horses, but what you write here is "spot on" Wink

Thanks for your comment Susanne queen and Kiki Laughing ! I really don't understand anything of these wonderful creatures. However, I enjoy your presentations and the love all of you put in these horse collections. :) A tread is also made of comments from non experts like me. I think it is interesting to drink the different perceptions from the same subject, it helps understanding the market too! flower
After reading all comments I feel that the 2013 CollectA horses assortment is very well designed in commercial terms. The Fjord is clearly not a typical Deborah sculpting. It is an approach to Schleich style as Bojan pointed. Maybe a figure designed to atract the traditional Schleich collectors? I feel it was very well accepted among them in the presentation topic. Very Happy The boy is charming! flower
I had the feeling, when the cooperation between CollectA and Deborah started, that it was an intention of bringing some Breyer collectors to the brand, contrasting in terms of style completely with Schleich and previous CollectA. This year we have some ponies , a heavy horse with action, a not very usual breed as it is the Akhal-teke and even a wild horse. Some variability and correctly planned in my point of view, somewhat similar with the strategies of Safari with prehistoric animals and Mojo with Wild Life. Very Happy

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 10:35 am

Thank you very much for sharing, Susanne cheers Very good with this kind of pictures, when having to order online, as I must do if I want CollectAs.

But MY GOD! If that Fjord enters my collection all of my mares are gonna Faint! - And suddently I will have lots of crossbreed foals running around - and lots of very angry stallions... affraid
If you're looking for a player horse - CollectA Fjord is your man! Cool

Now.. Very lovely new additions! The Przewalski does look very odd, but he has a very neat face and expressive eyes. The Akhal Teke is a very different one, and will stand out from the cowd with that shiny coat. Google tells me, it's possible to be so shiny. Very nice Very Happy

But CollectA paintwork could be better with more definition, a little too much airbrushing at some points. Might be because I'm used to Schleich.

And again, thanks very much for very useful photos I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
bojan

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 2:37 pm

I just wanted to add this fellow, since you have him in another colour.
Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 DSCN1652_700_zps57026639

And he's huge, compared to the Mojö Andalusian:
Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 DSCN1662_700_zps0c949199

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 5:57 pm

Bojan, I'm surprised with difference of sizes! Shocked Clydesdales are not small horses but this is a huge difference. Considering Schleich horses, is it the Andalusian very small or the Clyde very large? Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Hey Roger, the Mojö Andalusian fits Schleich horses by size. The Clydesdale and also Shire Mare from CollectA are much larger (like Schleich's new Shire Mare & Stallion).

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 6:26 pm

Bojan wrote:
Hey Roger, the Mojö Andalusian fits Schleich horses by size. The Clydesdale and also Shire Mare from CollectA are much larger (like Schleich's new Shire Mare & Stallion).

Thanks Bojan! I've noticed already how large are Schleich Shires when compared with the Andalusian mare. But these two look so differently sized from this angle. Great that almost all horses fit in size. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Maybe these photos will show the size difference better:
Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 DSCN1658_700_zps86f582cc
Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 DSCN1656_700_zps8a6bbb1b

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Much better Bojan! Very Happy Now they look from the same planet!Laughing Thanks! cheers

PostSubject: Re: Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013   Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013 Empty

Back to top Go down

Some new Collecta horses released in February 2013
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next