Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is your opinion?

Go down 
+3
Kikimalou
Roger
widukind
7 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

What is your opinion? Empty
PostSubject: What is your opinion?   What is your opinion? EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 4:09 pm

I have a few Auburn animals and they are not painted, only coloured in one paint (white, red or yellow).

What is your opinion. Would you this animals repaint or leave with their own charme? scratch scratch scratch

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion?   What is your opinion? EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 pm

My Auburn and Marx figures doesn't work as species representatives in my collection. Very Happy
I don't think a white grizzly, white mule deer and so can be good representatives even their sculptings are great. Sometimes you only can identify species because of coloring. :)
Also, most of the species you can find in other brands. More, Marx figures look to be made to work well unpainted. Poses and details are really adjusted to species.
They are also discontinued figures, you cannot find another easily and their sizes are not very good to detailed repaintings.
Considering all these things, I think you should keep them as they are. And if they can't find a good place in your collection, I'm sure you can trade them, there are some members collecting these vintage American figures. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion?   What is your opinion? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:53 am

I agree with Roger Wink

One more point, AUBURN are rubber made and I'm not sure this kind of material is easy to repaint. I have a double and I will try to make something... I will tell Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion?   What is your opinion? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:52 am

Many thanks Roger and Kiki. Most of my Auburn animals are species which you can not find often. But your opinions helps me a lot. It is the charme of this old figurines. sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion?   What is your opinion? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:16 pm

No reason to say, I don`t like that people repaint old, rare and beautyful models Rolling Eyes Wink

There are zillions of models that you can get by the thousands, why chose the rare ones Sad

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion?   What is your opinion? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:19 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
No reason to say, I don`t like that people repaint old, rare and beautyful models Rolling Eyes Wink

There are zillions of models that you can get by the thousands, why chose the rare ones Sad

Oh no Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion?   What is your opinion? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:01 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I agree with Roger  Wink

One more point, AUBURN are rubber made and I'm not sure this kind of material is easy to repaint. I have a double and I will try to make something... I will tell  Very Happy

I have a few Auburns which were painted before I acquired them. The paint looks like Testors enamels as the painted portions are shiny. So it is possible to paint Auburns; just don't try to flex them after they're painted or the paint will crack.
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion?   What is your opinion? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 8:00 am

SUSANNE wrote:
No reason to say, I don`t like that people repaint old, rare and beautyful models  Rolling Eyes  Wink

There are zillions of models that you can get by the thousands, why chose the rare ones  Sad

I agree - don't paint old models.

I don't know about Auburn, but in the case of Marx figures there are lots of recently made repros, some made from the original moulds which still exist - painting those is OK.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion?   What is your opinion? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 8:44 am

Thanks, but i dont will do that:)

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion?   What is your opinion? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 4:06 pm

I am not a fan of repaints because i like models as they are molded and like to see the diferent materials. In my collection is can be quite nice to see a non-white polarbear or a off-standard brown bear once in a while.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion?   What is your opinion? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your opinion?
Page 1 of 1