Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around

Go down 
+5
widukind
Ana
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
mdasilva1973
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mdasilva1973

mdasilva1973

Country/State : Massachusetts

Schleich Griffon Vulture  walk around  Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around     Schleich Griffon Vulture  walk around  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 1:40 am

I’m not sure if I’m doing this right but I figure I would give it a shot Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around

Schleicher Griffon Vulture

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around     Schleich Griffon Vulture  walk around  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:03 am

You are doing it right Wink I only move the topic to the Schleich section.

So, what about the model itself ? IMHO the pose is interesting but I was disappointed with the painting when I saw it in a shop display.

Do you have a China or a Germany one ?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around     Schleich Griffon Vulture  walk around  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 8:30 am

Great pictures cheers And great walkaround Sad(o)):

You are right ! The painting isn`t very fantastic, but yours isn`t as bad as mine Laughing

mdasilva1973

mdasilva1973

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around     Schleich Griffon Vulture  walk around  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:22 am

It's a model from china The model it self isn't a bad model. The paint Job could be better. The detail on the back I like. It's the face I wish they spent more time detailing it.

My only other complaint is its a bit big. the scale is off it's as big figure I included a pitchure with the elephant so you could judge the size better. I made a few mistakes with my collection because of size.

My kudu and oryx from papo are beautiful, the detail is amazing but they are bigger then my elephants and giraffes from Schelich and collectA. So they are sitting in a box verses in my collection.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around     Schleich Griffon Vulture  walk around  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:36 am

Ohh, holy macrel ! One more scale-addict affraid

Us never-mind`ers are being outnumbered Suspect

I am joking, of course ! Wink
You have lots of friends here, who agree 100 % Laughing

mdasilva1973

mdasilva1973

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around     Schleich Griffon Vulture  walk around  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:40 am

Ha ha ha. I don't mean to be. I just happened
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around     Schleich Griffon Vulture  walk around  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:49 am

Laughing Take a look [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] !

I hope it is not too scary Wink Laughing

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around     Schleich Griffon Vulture  walk around  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:53 am

I love this vulture, I named mine Valentine Laughing I see the paintjob could be better but sculpting work is so wonderful so I can't really complain :)

About sizes and scales. Well, there is a lot research to do if You want animals that fits to each other. First You can think about elephants, because most of them are 1:32 while other animals are closer to 1:20, and there is a big group of 1:15, most of the big cats are like 1:14 sometimes 1:12. Then You can think about most of the birds, many figures are closer to 1:9 or 1:12 so they fit perfect with Breyer horses Laughing

Which scale is interesting for You? If You need 1:32 then You can search in vintage animals like Britains, maybe fro time to time You can also find some good examples also in Japanese companies scratch

If You want 1:20, then You need bigger elephants and giraffes like from Wildlife Wonders from Safari ltd, and somehow find smaller wild cats, maybe from Preiser or so? very few birds is to find in scale 1:20, mainly I think from Japanese companies. Oh and yes, modern companies produce ostriches in this scale too.

In case of 1:15, perhaps it's easiest to find most of the animals but except giraffes and elephants, Vanishing Wild series may be solution then for these species. And You can then adopt hippo from Wildlife wonders and then You can keep Kudu and gnu from Papo maybe also gazelles from Schleich (but they are more like 1:12) and many of the big cats, but You may have problem with zebras and buffalos Rolling Eyes

Then ff You want something like 1:9 or 1:10 then You can find lot of small mammals and many many birds but hoofed animals are harder to find, as well as big cats or bears etc. Well, scale is a problem until You let Yourself ignore it Laughing Or do several displays, one for each scale, nice solution too and best for big diversity in species and brands Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around     Schleich Griffon Vulture  walk around  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:54 am

mdasilva1973 wrote:
Ha ha ha. I don't mean to be. I just happened

The problem with scale is it is impossible to have a modern collection at the same scale scratch That's why I collect many scales Laughing

Anna, your post is very very interesting Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around     Schleich Griffon Vulture  walk around  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:09 pm

Phantastic bird(s) and nice walkaround cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around     Schleich Griffon Vulture  walk around  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 7:27 pm

Thanks for pictures of the vulture. I saw it in a local shop and my neutral feelings about it prevented me of buying it. The size and pose are good in my opinion. :)
The mistake is not in Papo antelopes, they are in scale with most of your big cats. The mistake is when you think your elephants are correct. There isn't a single figure in all Schleich or CollectA range that fits correctly with elephants from major brands. Sometimes, even parts of the same figure are not in scale. Laughing
I think that if you think too much in scales you'll get disappointed and all of your CollectA and Schleich figures need to be kept in boxes too. Isn't your zebra larger than your hippo? Ana is giving some good suggestions but to follow them you need to rethink all your collection. Very Happy

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around     Schleich Griffon Vulture  walk around  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:51 pm

I saw this vulture in a shop today and I must say I was really impressed by the size and how it looked.
But the paintjob was absolutely awful though.
Still Schleich dares to ask 7.00 euros for it! Shocked I think not!!!

My heart goes out to the person who made this vulture though, because it's a beautiful figure. I love you

But Schleich decided to cut-price on the painting, so they can make big bucks.
What a shame. ....
Back to top Go down
stef1000

stef1000

Country/State : Haaksbergen, Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around     Schleich Griffon Vulture  walk around  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:42 am

You're right the painting job isn't very well but it is still a fantastic model:D

Stef cyclops
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around     Schleich Griffon Vulture  walk around  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:07 am

Bloodrayne wrote:
I must say I was really impressed by the size and how it looked.
But the paintjob was absolutely awful though.
My heart goes out to the person who made this vulture though, because it's a beautiful figure. I love you

stef1000 wrote:
You're right the painting job isn't very well but it is still a fantastic model:D

Stef cyclops

I agree. The paint job is very disappointing. This would easily be one of my top-five favorite models by Schleich in 2013 if the painting were better. It is a fantastic sculpt and I'm glad I bought it. But the head, neck, beak and eyes are so poorly painted.

It's a shame.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around     Schleich Griffon Vulture  walk around  Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Griffon Vulture walk around
Page 1 of 1