Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)

Go down 
+32
costicuba
Yurumi
Megaptera
halichoeres
SUSANNE
Dum_my
Roger
widukind
Dutch Bear
hawkins_zh
Tarunyada
JonasV
HKHollinstone
Bonobo
Zelvik
NandO
PeGe
Bloodrayne
Florian
Tiermann
Kikimalou
landrover
castlerigg
koniminiatures
75senta75
weaselfan93
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
Ana
scot(t)
Kristie
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) Empty
PostSubject: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 2:14 am

Some creatures achieved extreme but somewhat similar shapes due their similar diets.
Formicivores are a iconic example. specialization to eat ants and termites gave them some similar characteristics even if they are not closely related.
Among them: long tongues, narrow snouts, strong forelegs with huge claws, etc.
Known examples are giant anteaters and tamanduas, armadillos, pangolins, aardvarks, echidnas, etc.
They are not often made in toy shape but they are incredibly exotic and beautiful.
Below some of my formicivores. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Giant anteater by Harriet - this figure was a surprise gift from Harriet, a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :flower:She kindly made and sent it to me as soon as she knew giant anteaters are my favorite animals. cheers Very Happy

Schleich giant anteater was also a gift from Suebeedo, in a early stage on my collecting hobby when a retired Schleich was an impossible task to me. To tell how nice Sue is, she also sent some figures to my niece and a box full of farm animals to a young member of STS that is not participating anymore. Sad

Safari anteater with baby, a magnificent figure, is a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] monkey - just the best mass produced replica of this species I know. Not even Lineol or otehr brand did it better in my opinion. .cheers:

New Ray and Veb Plaho giant anteaters

Safari aardvark is the only representative among major brands. That African creature has a lot of character and the brand made a good work. I've got it from Kristie and I only have to feel lucky of it once it is hard to find now. flower

Schleich armadillo and S&N echidna.
Here an example of an American and an Australian formicivores. The nine-banded armadillo is generally an insectivore although ants and termites are their prefered food. Echidnas are apparently very different from all other previous species but they also are great diggers with large claws, long and sticky tongues and have tubular snouts

I still miss a pangolin, though, these are not all my formicivores. Now it is time to see yours. bounce bounce bounce

Last edited by Roger on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 3:22 am

Nice collection of Formicivores, Roger! I really love the Schleich Armadillo! I think he is my favorite. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:04 am

Wonderful collection Roger! Like Kristie, I also love that Schleich Armadillo. And Harriet's anteater is just wonderful!!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:29 am

GREAT collection, Roger cheers
And great topic, too Very Happy

I will have to try to wake up and get some pictures taken today when I wake up eventually. Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:03 am

Some of mine Very Happy

The wonderful aardwark, - he can`t be shown too often cheers

Echidnas, - the large version from S & N, and the cutest, little yowie Very Happy

Some little, old anteaters .
Two beautyful, artistic clairet-models, a tiny Britains, and a lovely Starlux.

Another great model from Safari, - the large Pinecone Pangolin cheers

Here with his friends, the equally large AAA-anteater and the tiny Britain one fro comparison Wink

Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 12:22 pm

Great collection, Susanne! I love your pinecone! Is he as big as the Safari Aardvark?
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:30 pm

Ohh, what a lovely collections everyone I love you Too bad most of my Formicivores stayed in my collection in Poland. Here I have only few... but I will show them soon Very Happy I love this group of animals cheers
Roger Your anteater from Harriet is real jewel, big congratulations, what a beautiful figure Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): sunny sunny sunny

Susanne, starlux anteater is sooo funny Very Happy And so is Yowie Echidna, what a cutie I love you
I love this topic bounce

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:01 pm

I have some of the models already seen here so here is my very small collection-some are pictured with other models.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][/[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:18 pm

I love the Safari Aardvark. It's on my wish list. In the meantime, these are the ones I live with:

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:53 pm

WOW, Taylor ! You have SO many great models Sad(o)):

Scott, Those Noah`s aardwarks are SO charming ! I love the picture, they look like they are up to some mischief Very Happy

Kristie wrote:
Great collection, Susanne! I love your pinecone! Is he as big as the Safari Aardvark?

Thankyou, Kristie Very Happy
Mr Aaardwark is not as big as Mrs Pinecone Wink
But they are equally cute drunken Laughing

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:49 am

Lovely figures Taylor and Scott Very Happy wow, I love these cute Yowies Very Happy
And very beautiful photo of NP aardvarks Scott cheers

I have for example these guys: Very Happy

Here aardvarks playing with young cheetah Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 12:34 am

Thanks everyone to your kind comments, mainly about Schleich armadillo and Harriet's anteater. I also love them as I love all these figures you are also posting. Those are incredible creatures. Very Happy
Here are the ones I haven't shown yet. Very Happy
Science&Nature numbat, also known as banded anteater, Prior armadillo from Kiki and the little Britains giant anteater. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 2:02 am

Here is my contribution.
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 8:57 am

Nice too see so many phantastic formicivores cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:40 pm

widukind wrote:
Nice too see so many phantastic formicivores cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Cool bounce cheers Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Wink
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 4:54 pm

I have also these :) I like them, especially Colorata anteater mom with young, they are my favs Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 5:02 pm

BEAUTYFUL, Anna cheers

Ohh, please, do you have time to make a close-up or two of that anteater-mom/baby ? bounce Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 5:48 pm

A lovely army Anna cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 6:13 pm

Andreas is right! With all these armadillos it can only be an army. Maybe an American army of armadillos, with general anteater and the Australian soldier is only to make it looks like an United Nations army. Laughing Very beautiful! Those Colorata are fantastic and the standing armadillo is a great idea. Very Happy

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 7:49 pm

Thank You Susanne, Andreas and Roger Very Happy sunny sunny

Roger wrote:
Andreas is right! With all these armadillos it can only be an army. Maybe an American army of armadillos, with general anteater and the Australian soldier is only to make it looks like an United Nations army. Laughing Very beautiful! Those Colorata are fantastic and the standing armadillo is a great idea. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Ha, funny Very Happy

Susanne I will try to take photos of Colorata anteaters tomorrow Very Happy I think they deserve some close ups indeed Very Happy sunny

Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: here are my wonderful formicivore ant-eaters.   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 8:03 pm

here are my wonderful formicivore ant-eaters. there are some of my real treasures here Very Happy

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 8:25 pm

They are indeed wonderful, thank You for sharing Weaselfan cheers

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 8:46 pm

Ana wrote:
They are indeed wonderful, thank You for sharing Weaselfan cheers

thats true cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 3:34 pm

A really special group of animals, I don't have a single Incredible Creature from Safari, but, if I ever get some of them, my first choices will be pangolin and armadillo. Very Happy

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Here are more photos of Colorata anteater :)

As it is in most of Colorata figures animal is possible to take off from base :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)   Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.) Empty

Back to top Go down

Show Us Your Formicivores (Anteaters, pangolins, armadillos, echidnas, etc.)
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next