Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages)

Go down 
+12
LeeAnn
unwissendbisgehtnicht
widukind
aandmkw
krista
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
Ana
MartinH
Takama
Roger
SUSANNE
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages)   Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 5:40 am

unwissendbisgehtnicht wrote:
hey susanne, thank you for nice empfang-:)

yes i read their homepage, but it sounds like that in the first years they started only with dinosaur...or am i wrong?
Welcome and willkommen aus Dresden.:-) I started here also with unwissen but now i know a little bit more:-)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages)   Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 5:41 am

Thank you for this interesting list Roger:-)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
unwissendbisgehtnicht

Country/State : germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages)   Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 9:54 pm

thank you all!

i have never seen such a forum: you ask something and hope for the best answer maybe "around decade x"...and you get the exact whole chronology!Applause 

such nice people all here!bounce 
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages)   Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 9:57 pm

cheers cheers cheers 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages)   Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 9:58 pm

unwissendbisgehtnicht wrote:
thank you all!

i have never seen such a forum: you ask something and hope for the best answer maybe "around decade x"...and you get the exact whole chronology!Applause 

such nice people all here!bounce 

Laughing Laughing That's how we do it at STS! Laughing Laughing 

cheers cheers 

Hurray for the experts! sunny 

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages)   Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 11:56 pm

Safari ltd sure evolved since that era! Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages)   Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 12:15 pm

They surely did Very Happy

But not always in the good way, - this year all the Carnegie dinos are gone from the catalogue Sad Sad Sad

TerribleDactyl

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages)   Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 2:00 pm

Sorry for resurrecting such an old post, but I'm wondering if someone can share the Carnegie pages from this 1990 catalog. I recently had a question about early Safari Triceratops versions on my web site and am curious to see which version was shown here. The photo shoot done for this catalog included several unique color variants that are now very rare, possibly only produced around the time the catalog came out.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages)   Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 11:00 pm

Roger wrote:
I hope it is helpful although not all data is accurate. Though, I believe it gives a good approach of Safari chronology and their animal collections. I really hope some Safarists can add some more information and fix what is wrong. bounce
Here is my historian mode again... Laughing

Before Safari Replicas collection was mainly composed of figures under licence. in 1989 Safari started with their own series:

- 1989 - Authentics collections
- 1989 - National Aquarium in Baltimore Poison Dart Frog Collection, set of life size Poison Dart Frogs made in collaboration with the National Aquarium in Baltimore, MD, and sold in individual plastic display cases
- 1989 - Carnegie Collection  - large series of scaled prehistoric figures sculpted by Forest Rogers in cooperation with the Carnegie Museum;
- 1990 - Vanishing Wild, solid, scaled collection of wild animals sculpted by Forest Rogers;
- 1991 - Farm replicas, families of horses and other farm animals;
- 1992 - Monterey Bay Aquarium, collection of scaled sealife figures sculpted by Forest Rogers in cooperation with the with the Monterey Bay Aquarium;
- 1994 - Hidden Kingdom Smithsonian Giant Insects, large 2:1 scale replicas of arthropods made in collaboration with the Smithsonian Institution (series name continued after all the Smithsonian Insect figures were retired with non-scaled figures);
- 1995 - Monterey Bay Aquarium, collection of sealife figures in cooperation with the Monterey Bay Aquarium;
- 1995 - Tennessee Aquarium Salamanders, collection of life-sized salamanders made in collaboration with the Tennessee Aquarium to promote their special exhibition, "Salamanders!"
- 1995 - Dinosaurs of China, small collection of "Chinese" dinosaurs sculpted by Ely Kish;
- 1995 - Expansion of Vanishing Wild replicas;
- 1997 - Missing Link, small collection of Ice Age animals;
- 1997 - Wild Safari Dinos and Prehistoric Life, extensive collection of "budget" prehistoric animals;
- 1997 - Wild Safari Sealife, collection of "budget" sealife animal figures;
- 1998 - Deep Sea Fish, collection of deep sea fish
- 1998 - Wild Safari Jungle, standard sized "budget" wild animals now known as Wild Safari Wildlife;
- 1998 - Wild Safari Forest, standard sized "budget" woodland animals later called Wild Safari North American Wildlife;
- 1998 - Reorganization and expansion of Farm collection;
- 1999 - Incredible creatures, large sized replicas of unusual creatures (mostly reptiles and amphibians) merged into a single collection;
- 2001 - Hidden Kingdom Insects, successor of Smithsonian giant Insects;
- 2004 - Winner's Circle Horses, wide collection of standard sized horses;
- 2004 - Best in Show Dogs, line of standard sized dogs;
- 2005 - Sue at the Field Museum - Collection of a famous T-rex skeleton called Sue and other related creatures;
- 2005 - Wings of The World, collection of bird replicas;
- 2006 - Translucents, little collection of translucent replicas of reptiles and amphibians;
- 2006 - Fuzzy Farm, replicas from farm collection with a fuzzy coat;
- 2006 - Blue Ribbon Horses, collection of 1:12 scale horses;
- 2008 - Wildlife Wonders, collection of jumbo sized, light built, scaled wildlife figures that replaced Vanishing Wild;
- 2009 - Barnyard Buddies, little collection of jumbo sized farm animals;
- 2010 - Life Cycle Series, sets showing the several stages of the life cycle of an organism;
- 2012 - Ancient Fossils, replicas of different kinds of fossils.

The rest of the history is being told on STS Forum and all this data can be found on Toy Animal Wiki! studyVery Happy

Some additions and corrections to the timeline.  I'm pretty sure the Poison Dart Frogs were released in 1989, as well as the Authentics; however, they may have been 1990 or 1991. The Poison Dart Frogs added the Red-eyed Tree Frog in 1994 (IIRC), and were thus renamed the Rainforest Frogs Collection.

MBA was definitely introduced in 1992. Salamanders were introduced in 1995.  Deep Sea Fish were introduced in 1998.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages)   Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd 1990 Catalogue (few pages)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2