Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)

Go down 
+9
widukind
jarda
aandmkw
Roger
Taos
Ana
SUSANNE
Isabeau
Kikimalou
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) Empty
PostSubject: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 6:42

KAIYODO made two mountain hares for 2013, one in summer coat an the other in winter coat. Despite the tail is brown on the summer hare, these models are really interesting in a very different style from the SCHLEICH one.

The mountain hare (Lepus timidus), also known as blue hare, tundra hare, variable hare, white hare, snow hare, alpine hare and Irish hare, is largely adapted to polar and mountainous habitats.
This species is distributed from Fennoscandia to eastern Siberia; there are isolated populations in the Alps, Ireland, Scotland, the Baltics, northeastern Poland and Hokkaidō.
It is a large species, though it is slightly smaller than the European hare. It grows to a length of 45–65 cm.
In summer, for all populations of mountain hares, the coat is various shades of brown. In preparation for winter most populations moult into a white (or largely white) pelage. The tail remains completely white all year round, distinguishing the mountain hare from the European hare (Lepus europaeus), which has a black upper side to the tail.
This species is active in the evening and at night, but during the breeding season it becomes more active during the day. Mountain hares tend to rest during the day in forms, scrapes or burrows in the snow or soil. Although typically a solitary species, occasionally groups of up to 70 individuals may gather in order to feed. The diet consists mainly of young heather, but grasses, rushes, sedges, bilberry and herbs are also eaten.

And now a few pics  Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With the SCHLEICH mountain hare...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun 3 Sep 2017 - 9:27; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Isabeau

Isabeau

Country/State : Gotham City

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 8:08

Ooh, I like these models! I like the standing pose. Well done! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48412602@N04/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 9:03

They are beautyful, they look so real, - alert and ready to flee from predators !
You can almost see their noses twitching Shocked rabbit

A far, far shot from the cute Schleich one, - long live KAIYODO cheers

Thankyou Christophe, for yet another fabulous walkaround flower

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 12:10

Isabeau, Susanne, thank you very much. Very Happy

I'm very happy to have these two hares and to share some pics with my STS friends Wink
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 12:16

Beautiful lovely and super cute!! I adore them! And Your photos of them too! Thank You for sharing Kiki Very Happy cheers sunny

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 14:33

Great models and hooray for Kaiyodo!!!! :) Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 15:46

Fantastic that we have the luck of enjoying your walk arounds. Very Happy
Your perfect pictures show how nicely sculpted is this hare, great proportions, wonderful pose, mainly because of the realistic way limbs are attached to body. Also it looks the head is narrower than the Schleich one what helps to give a more realistic head. Only a hsame that the detail of the white tail is missing on brown version once it is my favorite, maybe because we can see clearer the rich shape of the figure. This detail would be neglectable if it was not an important point to identify the species as you explained on your introduction. albino
What I wished really was that these great sculpts were not puzzles and were widely available like Schleich are. Very Happy

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptyFri 5 Apr 2013 - 15:54

They are both beautiful and you take such wonderful photos to share them with us. Thank you. I love them both.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 7:37

Thank you Ana, Rogério, Taylor and Amy Very Happy

@Roger: It si too bad for the tail detail. The Japanese manufacturer are nearly always very serious so I first searched for an endemic hare with such a pattern but I didn't find one. Maybe I missed something ?
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 9:01

Kikimalou wrote:
@Roger: It si too bad for the tail detail. The Japanese manufacturer are nearly always very serious so I first searched for an endemic hare with such a pattern but I didn't find one. Maybe I missed something ?

Kiki, thank You for the walkaround first :)
I believe Kaiyodo is right with tail colour as usual because this figure is the Japanese hare, NOT mountain hare:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some brown tail pics:
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 10:09

It is a wonderful hare , thanks so much for this pics Kiki  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers

jarda wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: It si too bad for the tail detail. The Japanese manufacturer are nearly always very serious so I first searched for an endemic hare with such a pattern but I didn't find one. Maybe I missed something ?

I believe Kaiyodo is right with tail colour as usual because this figure is the Japanese hare, NOT mountain hare:

Some brown tail pics:

i think you are right, better for me  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 23:00

Ana wrote:
Beautiful lovely and super cute!! I adore them! And Your photos of them too! Thank You for sharing Kiki Very Happy cheers sunny

cheers Sad(o)): sunny drunken
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 9:52

jarda wrote:

Thank you very much Jarda cheers You are a very useful fellow Sad(o)):

I agree, it must be a Japanese hare... And KAIYODO is still a very serious company Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 15:29

Kikimalou wrote:
jarda wrote:

Thank you very much Jarda cheers You are a very useful fellow Sad(o)):

I agree, it must be a Japanese hare... And KAIYODO is still a very serious company Very Happy

It is nice indeed that we can discuss and share all these informations. Here goes an excelent example how fruitful is collecting in a community and the advantages of a brand being serious with their scientific researches. I confess I have a lot of dificulties identifying rabbits and hares. It was thanks to you that now I know which species they are. Again, a toy is only educational when these details are taken seriously, so, as I love to learn with toys and friends, I love this forum and that hobby. Very Happy

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 23:28

Wonderful pictures and walkaround, Christophe! These new Kaiyodo figures are just marvelous!! Thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 5:16

Thank you Scott Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 18:22

The 2013 Kaiyodos are very good puzzles with the integrated lines

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 0:17

...Thanks Christophe for pics! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): I think it,s the best hares (very accurate!) Wink

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 6:49

Sergey wrote:
...Thanks Christophe for pics! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): I think it,s the best hares (very accurate!) Wink

You are right Sergey Wink And I still can't understand why some modern occidental brands are still far from this scratch Why children would prefer cute and big headed animals to this kind of beauty ? Even when I was a child, realism was important in my choices.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 3:09

Beautiful pictures! Congrats Chris!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 4:52

Thank you Ken Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)   The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!) Empty

Back to top Go down

The 2013 KAIYODO mountain hares walkaround (Actually Japanese hares!)
Page 1 of 1