Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC

Go down 
+2
Roger
SUSANNE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC  Empty
PostSubject: The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC    The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC  EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:00 pm

The charming, sitting pig from Schleich was made from 1984 - 2003, and comes in a lot of colour variations.
So when I saw a black/white one, I just had to get it, even if it is marked ELC. Wink

I thought ELC had had the Schleich one made with their mark on, and their own painting, but it is not exactly the same  Very Happy

The mouth and eyes are clearly different  pig
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And the Schleich one is slightly larger :

But most obvious, - the right front leg is not in the same position  cheers

I wonder what the history behind the black/white piggie is. Just a copy, or....  scratch

Sorry if this is a tiny, little subject, but I think it is so interesting and fun, I HAVE to share  Embarassed  Laughing

Last edited by SUSANNE on Fri May 10, 2013 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC    The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC  EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:07 am

The copy subject is also an interesting thing to discuss. I think they are enough different to not be considered copies but I also think they are enough similar to believe that who sculpted the 2nd one didn't know the original. scratch There are obvious copies, where the original mold is replicated until the maximal perfection, there are also figures who found inspiration in previous releases what should not be considered copies. There is also an intermediate group where a figure is copied and some little changes are made to it doesn't look a copy. It is always hard to judge, mainly when we don't know when ELC figure was made and when we are talking of brands that worked together. There is also some molds that are reused for other brands that bought them from the original company and also, when it is needed a new mold to continue the life of a figure, some little changes can be done while copying the old and useless mold. Who knows someone can find the right answer? Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC    The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC  EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:12 am

Congrats on a rare addition. I would love to find out more info as well. Even with the differences, I do think the artist clearly used this figure as a model, or it is a very interesting coincidence.
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC    The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC  EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:17 am

Thankyou, Roger and Paige, for your thoughts Very Happy Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

...... or it is a very interesting coincidence.
Laughing Laughing

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC    The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC  EmptyFri May 10, 2013 5:56 pm

and here as small version by VEB Plaho

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC    The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC  EmptyFri May 10, 2013 6:28 pm

SO cute pig Very Happy

Schleichfreund

Schleichfreund

PostSubject: Re: The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC    The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC  EmptySat May 11, 2013 3:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] super,Susanne

lg Mike

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC    The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC  EmptySat May 11, 2013 4:22 pm

Thankyou, Mike Very Happy

Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC    The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC  EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:29 pm

Interesting observation Susanne Cool I too have these 2 piggies . Very Happy

When I received my ELC pig too , I had a close study with the Schleich one .

You r right that Schleich is little larger and certainly not the same mold .

Of course , Schleich is more authentic and inspiration for elc.

@ Andreas - I like your cute piggy man I love you
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC    The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC  EmptySun May 12, 2013 5:43 pm

Thank you doc sunny sunny

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC    The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC  Empty

Back to top Go down

The sitting pig Schleich 13202 compared to the one from ELC
Page 1 of 1