Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Special moments at Nuremberg zoo

Go down 
+8
Saarlooswolfhound
arafan
widukind
SeanieP
Fisva
cattlecollector
Ana
PeGe
12 posters
AuthorMessage
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

Special moments at Nuremberg zoo Empty
PostSubject: Special moments at Nuremberg zoo   Special moments at Nuremberg zoo EmptyThu May 30, 2013 11:21 am

i love going to the zoo when it's either raining, cold or early in the morning, as i can't stand children, mainly because of their parents,....
I want to share some special moments with you:

Iberian wolf. Remaining and very old female. pretty and impressive animal, shy but in avery polite way. she still climbs that hill to know what's happening,....:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The magnificent new manatee enclosure (underwater window of a large glasshouse.
Old ibex male:
Cheetah: mom with cubs:
just an impressive animal and a very special moment,....:

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Special moments at Nuremberg zoo   Special moments at Nuremberg zoo EmptyThu May 30, 2013 11:24 am

Great images, I especially love these sleeping cheetah family I love you Manatee enclosure is very impressive indeed Very Happy Very very nice!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Special moments at Nuremberg zoo   Special moments at Nuremberg zoo EmptyThu May 30, 2013 2:27 pm

Wow, cool! I love underwater viewing areas.
That ibex is also very cool! Do you know what breed he is? He looks like a Persian ibex to me.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Special moments at Nuremberg zoo   Special moments at Nuremberg zoo EmptyThu May 30, 2013 2:31 pm

Fantastic pictures PeGe. I can't stand children in zoos too, they don't know how to behave and are very disrespectful to animals. Too bad that parents are disrespectful too Neutral

SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Special moments at Nuremberg zoo   Special moments at Nuremberg zoo EmptyThu May 30, 2013 2:42 pm

Great pics--is there still snow there? great tiger habitat

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Special moments at Nuremberg zoo   Special moments at Nuremberg zoo EmptyThu May 30, 2013 2:53 pm

cattlecollector wrote:
Wow, cool! I love underwater viewing areas.
That ibex is also very cool! Do you know what breed he is? He looks like a Persian ibex to me.
thank you.The manatees also have access to other ponds, canals in the tropical area.
The ibex is a very old Capra ibex ibex, an alpine ibex.

SeanieP wrote:
Great pics--is there still snow there? great tiger habitat
thank you. No, those pictures were taken this winter and the year before.
The tiger exhibit is actually made by using original rockwork, kind of stone quarry, with grass, small stream and plants of course,..unfortunatly the big cat enclosures were originally designed to impress in a wai the nazis like wild beasts to impress,....
No matter what,there will was recently a new female siberian tiger arriving from moscow zoo,
offspring of a real (orphaned?) wildcaught. I'm already looking forward to see this cat.

Last edited by PeGe on Thu May 30, 2013 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Special moments at Nuremberg zoo   Special moments at Nuremberg zoo EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Wonderful pics Philipp Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): And especially the manatee is a highlight cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Special moments at Nuremberg zoo   Special moments at Nuremberg zoo EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:48 pm

Cool animals and great pictures cheers
Where are the dolphins? Very Happy

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Special moments at Nuremberg zoo   Special moments at Nuremberg zoo EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:55 pm

arafan wrote:
Cool animals and great pictures cheers
Where are the dolphins? Very Happy
when i took the picture of the manatee, they were behind the window behind my back on the other side of the house,....
In the water,... Wink

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Special moments at Nuremberg zoo   Special moments at Nuremberg zoo EmptyThu May 30, 2013 6:13 pm

Great photos! I especially love the wolf, tiger, and cheetah.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Special moments at Nuremberg zoo   Special moments at Nuremberg zoo EmptyThu May 30, 2013 9:50 pm

I think that Zoos are special place for kids. Maybe parents are not always able of seeing how nice these places are to help their children to develope a huge respect for Nature and other related things. Very Happy
It is great to see that Iberian wolf. The Ibex is quite impressive, I've read on Zoo's website that it is an Alpine Ibex? Impressive and unusual horns. Shocked But beautiful! Very Happy
Thanks for sahring your special moments! Very Happy

Isabeau

Country/State : Gotham City

PostSubject: Re: Special moments at Nuremberg zoo   Special moments at Nuremberg zoo EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:57 am

Yes, I also love that ibex! It looks very peaceful at the zoo. I understand why you only like going at certain times, it seems every time I end up going to the local zoo it's very hot and overcrowded. I would love a snowy, empty zoo. :) Thanks for sharing your pictures with us!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48412602@N04/
Lennart

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Special moments at Nuremberg zoo   Special moments at Nuremberg zoo EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:58 pm

Wonderful to see that the Manatees has a new pool! The old one made me feel ashamed...

Otherwise I share Your wiew on kids and zoo:s in the winter!

/Lennart
Stockholm
Back to top Go down
Bongo

PostSubject: Re: Special moments at Nuremberg zoo   Special moments at Nuremberg zoo EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Isabeau wrote:
Yes, I also love that ibex! It looks very peaceful at the zoo. I understand why you only like going at certain times, it seems every time I end up going to the local zoo it's very hot and overcrowded. I would love a snowy, empty zoo.  :) Thanks for sharing your pictures with us!

That why I visit the Zoo in Gotham City only in winter times- I love the penguin exhibit there,one of the best I've ever seen in a Zoo Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Special moments at Nuremberg zoo   Special moments at Nuremberg zoo Empty

Back to top Go down

Special moments at Nuremberg zoo
Page 1 of 1