Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???

Go down 
+47
sauroid
SommoDracorex
Ana
skysthelimit
Numa
Gulogulo76
Titwen
black unicorn
Bongo
posttenebraslux
nyarlahotep
shadoweon
Silver Unicornis
ReinbowSchleich
Shardur
Deseo
Elros Alvar
Rio
arafan
ze_neto
Taos
JonasV
orcagirl26
aaronaardvark
Roger
Juan Andrés
pm64
PeGe
Takama
Saarlooswolfhound
MartinH
lucky luke
A-J
Carola
Kikimalou
MARTINLATIN
donny ong
weaselfan93
ezhilan
widukind
CharolaisStudios
Sumo
bojan
Florian
trevok4
SUSANNE
SeanieP
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
posttenebraslux

Country/State : USA

CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013, 20:32

Numaan wrote:
posttenebraslux wrote:
Hey Numaan, I was hoping you could clear something up for me. I asked Collecta a question on their facebook page which I will quote to give you context for the answer that they gave. I said, " I was curious if you could reveal the number of wildlife models you'll be releasing for 2014, or if that will also have to wait for November? I had heard that you had originally planned to release around 27 in 2013, but had to cut that number in half for economic reasons. Will 2014 be back in the range of 27 models, or will it contain around the same number as this years line? Thanks for all your great work!"

They replied, "We dont cut anything! You will be amazed with all the new items! Anyway, we will release in Nov, as usual. Thanks for your support."

Their answer to my question regarding the number of models that will be released this year suggested to me that they would be releasing more models in 2014 then they did in 2013. However, you seemed to indicate in a previous post that there would be fewer models released in 2014 then there were this year. I was just hoping you could help to clear up the apparent discrepancy between your statement and their answer to my question. Thanks!

And for any collectors who don't visit the Collecta facebook page, they specifically mentioned, in response to a fellow posting a picture of his North American Collecta models, that there are " [m]ore North Americans to come" in 2014. Just another bit of info as to what Collecta has planned for 2014.
Hi there

No one really knows how many models overall will be released across the entire CollectA range if this question is asked earlier in the year.  It is only really known right at the end - the reason is simple - an ambitious list is drawn up towards the end of 2012 and work is then started on each model a few at a time.  There sculpting team is not huge and there only so many models that a sculptor can work on at the same time.  Slowly as the year progresses models are signed off one by one but then there are some that just dont make it in time and then these are rolled over to the next year.  Different teams in CollectA are responsible for different ranges and so to give an overall estimation is very difficult.  Personally I know about the wildlife range and some of the sea life.  I dont have an interest in any of the other ranges and am not involved in their design and so I dont ask and find out the same time as everyone else.  SO back to the wildlife range - a large list was drawn up but unfortunately some have been put on hold for the next year.  The last few models are now almost complete so no one can be 100% certain that the original intended number of models will make it through.

So if CollectA have said that more models will be released in 2014 across the entire range then they are correct but I would not be aware of this because I have no idea about what other models are being made - I express no interest in this so please accept my apologies if I could not answer your question.  For the wildlife I hoped we could release around 26 different species but unfortunately due to time pressures this is looking likely to be between 15-20 potential new models and approx 10 I know are brand new species never created by a major brand (by major I mean Papo, Schleich, Bullyland, Mojo and Safari).

I hope this helps.  I may have waffled on and forgot to answer your original question, sorry!

All I can reiterate is that our forum is important to CollectA and I am grateful that they read our comments and listen to us and take the creation of new species very seriously in comparison to other Major brands that I have come across.  The more successful the wildlife models become the more CollectA is willing to create unusual species.

Thanks Numaan! That was a great answer! I am, of course, a collector first and foremost, and my primary interest is in what is being produced. However, as a business owner and operator, I always appreciate learning more about the way the business actually functions as well. I had only asked this question of Collecta a few weeks ago, so whatever they meant by, "we don't cut anything", I can't imagine that there could have been too many changes of plans between now and then. My question was also specifically about wildlife, but they may have had more then wildlife in mind when they gave their answer. In any case, I do appreciate your answer. Collecta has become my favorite company and I have tried to make sure they know that on their facebook page and do my part to make the wildlife models successful by purchasing them. Thanks for all your work on behalf of collectors Numann!
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013, 20:44

Numaan wrote:
Here are some facts and clues:  

1. A very rare wild cat species was being finalised but due to time it has now been put on hold and will be released in 2015

2. CollectA may be heading towards an interest in botany......

3. We have a high interest in Hoofed Mammals.....Very Happy Very Happy   A few are coming out that have NEVER been created by any of the major brands before (I cannot speak for older brands such as Lineol, starlux as I dont know much about them) but there is a BIG highlight in the wildlife range which will definitely please many fans.....all I can say is big body, big horns.....  Very Happy 

On enough clues for now! You will all get me into trouble!!!!  But your excitement, anticipation and hopes will somewhat be satisfied with this year's line up although not as big as last year's unfortunately due to time pressures....

Hmm...I'm going to guess:

1. Caracal or a bay cat or a jagaurundi
2. Could be making trees/plants to go along with prehistoric life
3. Mongolian gazelle or Tibetan antelope or Blesbok

As for a bird...possibly a cassowary, a hornbill, a harpy eagle, a king vulture or another penguin species.
Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013, 21:35

i hope to see a male western gorilla someday, if not 2014. Very Happy 
(if anyone has any info on this please let me know)
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013, 23:40

I would like to see this one.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It's a " CORBIVAU " raven.

Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptySat 26 Oct 2013, 22:15

lucky luke wrote:
Ana wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
Numaan wrote:
only one bird species made it through this year and no other brand has made it yet (the main current brands that is)........hopefully more birds  next year! Very Happy Very Happy
Any bird of CollectA is a good news...
oh please I hope it's cassowary, it's too beautiful species to be all the time absent in major brands range.
Applause Applause Applause bounce bounce drunken sunny 
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce  Laughing Laughing 

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013, 10:23

@Numaan is the animal in your avatar also being produced?

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013, 01:41

bojan wrote:
It's good to see a springbok by CollectA.

Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013, 14:41

bojan wrote:
Hi everyone

My avatar was chosen because I love the picture that is all! Very Happy 

There is so much intense speculation. I am feeling the pressure....and the heat! ha!
Back to top Go down
SommoDracorex

SommoDracorex

Country/State : Italia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013, 16:44

I'm hoping for at least a monkey. bounce 

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013, 23:10

Numaan wrote:

1. A very rare wild cat species was being finalised but due to time it has now been put on hold and will be released in 2015

3. We have a high interest in Hoofed Mammals.....Very Happy Very Happy   A few are coming out that have NEVER been created by any of the major brands before (I cannot speak for older brands such as Lineol, starlux as I dont know much about them) but there is a BIG highlight in the wildlife range which will definitely please many fans.....all I can say is big body, big horns.....  Very Happy 

On enough clues for now! You will all get me into trouble!!!!  But your excitement, anticipation and hopes will somewhat be satisfied with this year's line up although not as big as last year's unfortunately due to time pressures....

So maybe a bongo and a water buffalo at last drunken

And there is still a hope for a babirusa Wink 
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013, 02:44

Kikimalou wrote:
Numaan wrote:

So maybe a bongo and a water buffalo at last drunken

And there is still a hope for a babirusa  Wink 
Ooh yes, and a fossa. bounce bounce bounce 

Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013, 13:56

A Fossa has been on my list for years! I would love to see a model of this but it is not coming in 2014 unfortunately. I hope CollectA agree to this species.
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013, 14:01

Oh yes a Fossa would be awesome

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013, 14:39

Big Body, Big Horns ? Maybe a huge Bighorn Sheep, Ha,Ha.

My guess is, maybe a Kouprey ! They have indeed very big horns, and it was defenitely never produced before.
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013, 16:15

But I have read that the Kouprey was probably a myth and just a common cattle gone Feral or a buffalo/domestic cattle hybrid. The Kouprey has an interesting history, if anyone has any more info then do post but no there is no CollectA Kouprey unfortunately (at the moment).
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013, 16:18

Give me Takin, Dall Sheep, Chiru, Bongo, Addax, Nilgai, Nyala, Impala, Anoa and Saiga and I'll be extremely happy! cheers and I'm only talking about hoofed animals! lol!

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013, 18:06

Numaan wrote:
But I have read that the Kouprey was probably a myth and just a common cattle gone Feral or a buffalo/domestic cattle hybrid.  The Kouprey has an interesting history, if anyone has any more info then do post but no there is no CollectA Kouprey unfortunately (at the moment).
The scientists today belive the Kouprey was a true wild species, ist orgin could be a cross breeding between Gaur and Banteng,many thousands years ago.The last Kouprey was seen in the wild in 1988. There is a very nice Video on Youtube of a herd Koupreys.

I could imagine,Collecta is doing him now, the Kouprey would be a a perfect Addition to the Saola, which also comes from Vietnam and Kambodscha like the Kouprey.
Back to top Go down
twilighter

twilighter

Country/State : Oslo, Norway

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013, 18:36

After long scientific debate , conclusion was that the Kouprey is genuine species. Is not a hybrid between Gaur, Banteng or Zebu and not a feral cattle. This is the final research [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

P.s. That will be dream-come-true figure for ungulate fans :-) . Perfectly match Numaan description. The horns are very interesting, they frayed at the tip, this happened very rare in Wisent too.

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013, 02:33

I really wish there would be a greater kudu from CollectA. I believe it would be much better than that from Schleich and Papo.
Also a bongo, mountain nyala, addax, nile lechwe. Oh well... all the antelopes... and wild goats... and wild sheep... and wild cattle... and deer...

Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013, 07:49

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A NILGAI, REALLY.bounce bounce

Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyFri 01 Nov 2013, 20:15

In the next list , is there one of the figures for 2014?;

Binturong
Saiga antelope
Chiru antelope
Golden tiger
Orycterope
Anoa
Bongo
Nile lechwe
Nilgai
Coati
Pengolin
Tragopan
Takin

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyFri 01 Nov 2013, 23:46

More prehistoric mammals, please.

- Uintatherium, my favorite prähistoric mammal [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

- Coryphodon [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

- Basilosaurus, an early whale
- Andrewsarchus, a carnivous hoofed animal
- Champsosaurus, a gavial like animal who lives from cretaceous to eocene
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Multituberculata, rodent like animals, who lived from jurassic to oligocene

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptySun 03 Nov 2013, 12:49

When will the rest of the models be announced?
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptySun 03 Nov 2013, 12:53

Juan Andrés wrote:
When will the rest of the models be announced?
Juan made THE question!Applause 

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 EmptyMon 04 Nov 2013, 16:13

Botany sounds good, i hope for more prehistoric plants and trees.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next