Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+20
Elros Alvar
Lucas L8
cattlecollector
donny ong
animalluvr6
Seeway
ken yeo
Numa
MartinH
Ana
Taos
widukind
CilleDK
scot(t)
Roger
lucky luke
landrover
arafan
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 10:35 am

COLLECTA is providing us with an extremely rare toy: A blackbuck !
I never understand why this elegant and beautiful animal was so absent of our shelves... Maybe the horns ? Laughing 

Adult bucks stand approximately 80cm at the shoulder and on average have a head and body length of 120cm. The blackbuck is one of the few antelope whose color differs between sexes. The males are rich dark brown above, on the sides, and on the outside of the legs. Females tend to be yellowish in the same areas. Both sexes exhibit white underparts and insides of the legs, and a prominent white circular patch around the eye. Also, males gradually become darker with age.

One of the blackbuck’s most striking features is the pair of long, spiralling horns possessed by the male, which are marked with rings and sweep backwards from the head in a v-shaped arrangement.

A gregarious species, the blackbuck typically lives in herds of around 5 to 50 individuals, though herds of several hundred have been reported. These herds may contain both males and females, or may be comprised entirely of males, or made up of females and their offspring. The blackbuck is typically active throughout the day during the cooler months, but mainly in the morning and late afternoon when temperatures are high. It is primarily a grazer, feeding mainly on grasses, although other plants are taken depending on seasonal availability.

The blackbuck is predated upon by a number of species, including wolves and leopards, and relies mainly on its speed in order to escape. When a potential predator is sighted, the blackbuck can leap extraordinarily high into the air, before performing a number of smaller leaps and then galloping away at speeds of up to 80 kilometres per hour.

Native to Asia, the blackbuck once roamed throughout much of the Indian subcontinent. Today, this species occurs mainly in India, with a small population still existing in Nepal. It has been declared regionally extinct in Pakistan and Bangladesh. Introduced populations of the blackbuck occur in Argentina and the USA.
Adult bucks stand approximately 80cm at the shoulder and on average have a head and body length of 120cm. The blackbuck is one of the few antelope whose color differs between sexes. The males are rich dark brown above, on the sides, and on the outside of the legs. Females tend to be yellowish in the same areas. Both sexes exhibit white underparts and insides of the legs, and a prominent white circular patch around the eye. Also, males gradually become darker with age.
One of the blackbuck’s most striking features is the pair of long, spiralling horns possessed by the male, which are marked with rings and sweep backwards from the head in a v-shaped arrangement.
A gregarious species, the blackbuck typically lives in herds of around 5 to 50 individuals, though herds of several hundred have been reported. These herds may contain both males and females, or may be comprised entirely of males, or made up of females and their offspring. The blackbuck is typically active throughout the day during the cooler months, but mainly in the morning and late afternoon when temperatures are high. It is primarily a grazer, feeding mainly on grasses, although other plants are taken depending on seasonal availability.
The blackbuck is predated upon by a number of species, including wolves and leopards, and relies mainly on its speed in order to escape. When a potential predator is sighted, the blackbuck can leap extraordinarily high into the air, before performing a number of smaller leaps and then galloping away at speeds of up to 80 kilometres per hour.
Native to Asia, the blackbuck once roamed throughout much of the Indian subcontinent. Today, this species occurs mainly in India, with a small population still existing in Nepal. It has been declared regionally extinct in Pakistan and Bangladesh. Introduced populations of the blackbuck occur in Argentina and the USA.[/justify]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 10:38 am

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 10:40 am

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 10:59 am

It is such a wonderful model, - perhaps the one I like best of all this years great CollectA-models cheers 

Thankyou for this great walkaround ! Is is wonderful to study the model at such close distance Applause

arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 11:01 am

Wow so beautiful Very Happy
Thanks for the pictures cheers

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 11:51 am

Thanks for giving us such comprehensive data of this animal.study 

Is one of my favorites in 2013.

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Wonderful model of finesse and amazing pictures around:cheers: Applause Cool sunny 
Thank you very much Collecta, and congratulations Christophe:bounce: I love you cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 2:19 pm

Oh, a walk around of one of my favorite figures of ever! cheers
CollectA was very competent with this animal, without the delicate legs this figure won't be as nice as it is actually. Maybe, CollectA is the only brand able of manufacturing with this level of delicacy, so it is comprehensive that they're releasing antelopes. It is time to CollectA also think in more deer species. Very Happy
I think that the complex horns can efectively explain the fact of this figure has never been represented as a toy. Maybe also the small size, delicate elements and it is also not one of the best known and impressive antelopes. It is interesting that real blackbuck antelopes look like toys! Very Happy
Thanks for another remarkable topic with lots of fantastic pictures. monkey cheers

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Wow; I'm bowled over. This, the Markhor, and the Saola are, I think, the CollectA models I am most looking forward to getting. They are all gems!! As Roger points out (here and elsewhere), CollectA has done an amazing job with the horns of antelopes and similar type animals. It's really impressive.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 7:23 pm

COLLECTA and MÖJO are making very beautiful models of very unusual species Applause  I wish them a big Success cheers 

COLLECTA is nowadays to the antelopes what PAPO is for the big cats: The Big first one Wink 

It is even better than that, PAPO need to make at least a real jaguar, a clouded leopard, a margay, a snow leopard and a kodkod to reach the same level king

About the Blackbuck, it was the common antelope, with the Nilgaï, in my childhood animal books and now I have one on my shelf drunken  I need a Nilgai bounce  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
CilleDK

CilleDK

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 2:42 am

very beaytifull!!!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 5:02 am

A other must have !!! It is a wonderful antelope (and since yesterday in my zoo) cheers cheers cheers cheers  thank you for the pics Kiki Applause Applause Applause Applause 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 9:20 am

Wonderful model and a must have so will definitely getting this and the Markhor.Applause Applause 
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 12:43 pm

Great little figure!! I can't wait having it Laughing Beautiful walk around Kiki, great photos of a lovely thing. Congratulations!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 2:38 am

It is such a wonderful model!!! I looooove CollectA Applause Applause Applause Applause 

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:36 am

Fantastic photos - I am so glad this model is well received by everyone. We needed this one. Now all we need to complete the set is a female blackbuck and some other Asian hoofed animal relatives.

I really do hope we can have more deer species - there are so many weird and wonderful deer models to make!
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 6:44 am

Congrats Chris! you are right let collecta deal with antelopes. Papo deal with Big cat, Bear and Wolf.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:19 am

Thanks for your comments Very Happy 

Numaan wrote:
Fantastic photos - I am so glad this model is well received by everyone. We needed this one.  Now all we need to complete the set is a female blackbuck and some other Asian hoofed animal relatives.

I really do hope we can have more deer species - there are so many weird and wonderful deer models to make!

I hope so Numaan, it would be great, there is so much interesting species in Asia drunken . For the hoofed ones, a Takin, a thar, a Nilgai, an Anoa, a Saïga or a shiru would be very welcome cheers 

And I still have a place for Axis deers and Muntjaks Wink 
Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:33 am

I think it's the best one for CollectA 2013.
And the photos are shot professionally!!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 6:00 pm

Seeway wrote:
I think it's the best one for CollectA 2013.
And the photos are shot professionally!!
I agree completely! Very Happy

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Yet another beautiful figure from Collecta, thanks for sharing Kiki! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 6:23 pm

A masterpiece from CollectA. Look at the face!
And a masterpiece from Christophe. Your pictures are always great!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Thank you everybody for your comments Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Great model!

One thing that has kind of bugged me about Collecta's antelope this year is that they are both straddle legged. I think the legs are just a bit to far apart on the black buck and scimitar horned oryx.

That is just my opinion though.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:45 pm

You are right, not as straddle as a PAPO but still straddle. It is obvious on front view. I guess it is a solution to avoid thick legs or static poses. Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The 2013 COLLECTA Blackbuck: A walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next