Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd

Go down 
+9
landrover
Roger
Joan Milelire
Carola
Kikimalou
widukind
koniminiatures
bojan
SUSANNE
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd Empty
PostSubject: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:49 am

Collecting toobs from Safari is really an uphill struggle. There are SO many Rolling Eyes 
But this year Safari made the beautyful Garden Birds, which Andreas already showed ( I just can`t find them right now scratch ) 

And some weeks ago my curiosity got the better of me, - I just HAD to see the Cambrian toob too Very Happy 

Wikipedia writes among other things :

The Cambrian ........ lasting from 541.0 ± 1.0 to 485.4 ± 1.9 million years ago....

and

The Cambrian Period marked a profound change in life on Earth; prior to the Cambrian, living organisms on the whole were small, unicellular and simple. Complex, multicellular organisms gradually became more common in the millions of years immediately preceding the Cambrian, but it was not until this period that mineralized – hence readily fossilized – organisms became common.

And I am thrilled by these models !!! sunny 
There are 8 rather large ( for toobs) models, and they are extremely detailed.

I have to read some more about them !
It is fantastic that SO many millions of years ago creatures like these lived and eventually (perhaps ?) developed into ME affraid 
It is also increible that these critters were so hardy that these days we have some that basicly resemble some of them Shocked 

Here Westie shows them all Very Happy 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Vauxia :

charniodiscus :

Sidneyia :

Ottioa :

Sanciacaris :

Naraoia :

tricepicephalus :

Anomalocaris :

I like the way these new toobs can be slicked open and shut, unlike the old ones that were taped, and where the lid always got lost Wink 
A further idea for improvement : It would be nice to have the names of the critters printed on the box.
On some of the models the name is hard to read, - I hope Im got them right Laughing

bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:48 pm

Great photos, Susanne! What other Safari Toobs do you have? If you have the Insects Toob can you, please make some photos? I'm thinking about getting it, but I'm still not sure about the size and quality...

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 2:20 pm

I agree these are some very nifty creatures, even if I'm a bit unconvinced by Safari's rendering of them. I may just have been spoiled by the many alike creatures Kaiyodo & co. have done. The Ottoia and Sanctacaris are the nicest, I find - although with a repaint, some seam work and maybe bases I bet they could all be made very appealing. Thank you for these photos!

Last edited by koniminiatures on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Bojan, - thankyou Very Happy 
No, I only have the monkeys, Prehistoric mammals and the two with birds Wink 
But perhaps somebody else has it ?

Lea, - I am not sure I know what you mean by the word rendering, - do you mean painting ?
But  remember that these are very cheap models, just over 1 dollar each, including the toob, profit and covering of fixed costs to Safari and the seller, design, shipping from China etc, etc scratch 
But it could be fantastic to see good repaints cheers

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:53 pm

I mean their overall execution, but the paint especially could have been relatively easily improved upon. I realise they are cheap models (and I laud Safari for making cheap models! I'd hate to see only models on the farther side of the $8 mark getting produced..), but I feel a few different paint choices with washes perhaps, or even angled airbrushing might have better brought out their nifty sculptural detail, presumably without requiring extra labour on behalf of the painter.

Now that I've gently admonished them for a message or two, I very much feel like buying the Toob myself. Laughing I'd have a mind to create my own Do-It-Yourself bottle cap prehistoric mudsifters menagerie from them, since most of the Kaiyodos I speak so highly of I'll scarcely ever be able to afford.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:19 pm

A very very interesting toob!! Congratulations Susanne cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:24 pm

koniminiatures wrote:
...... I realise they are cheap models (and I laud Safari for making cheap models! I'd hate to see only models on the farther side of the $8 mark getting produced..)...

Yes, they are SO tempting, - I suppose especially for re-painting -experts Very Happy 
A whole toob costs less than one Schleich horse does in the shops here drunken 

koniminiatures wrote:
Now that I've gently admonished them for a message or two, I very much feel like buying the Toob myself. Laughing I'd have a mind to create my own Do-It-Yourself bottle cap prehistoric mudsifters menagerie from them, since most of the Kaiyodos I speak so highly of I'll scarcely ever be able to afford.

cheers cheerscheerscheersbounce

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:04 pm

I agree with everything here Laughing 

It is great SAFARI Ltd made some Cambrian animals. Of course they are less fine and detailed than the KAIYODOs, they are far less cheaper too Wink 

And of course I will think about catching them Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:11 pm

I think I might be a successor of Naraoia Razz I can very much identify with it .

That's a very interesting set of species. It's strange to think of these things, we have evolved from something like that.... .. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Thank you Susanne,
in your pictures figures look better than in safari ltd web.
The cambrian toob was in my list, but now they're near to the top! :)

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:43 pm

Thankyou, friends Wink 

Carola wrote:
I think I might be a successor of Naraoia :PI can very much identify with it .

lol! 

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:13 am

This is a very interesting toob with very unusual creatures. Except Japanese, probably not many other brands made them in toy shape. Actually, the only I know is Westyia, the Cambrian dog! tongue
They have a somewhat plastic touch but as you told previously, those are cheap figures. This is the kind of toobs I like, much more interesting than those with lions and giraffes. Very Happy

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 3:04 am

Congratulations Susanne, this toob has unusual animals.:) 

These toobs of Safari are not expensive,and there are many variety.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 6:57 am

Roger wrote:
This is a very interesting toob with very unusual creatures. Except Japanese, probably not many other brands made them in toy shape. Actually, the only I know is Westyia, the Cambrian dog! tongue
They have a somewhat plastic touch but as you told previously, those are cheap figures. This is the kind of toobs I like, much more interesting than those with lions and giraffes. Very Happy

The Royal Ontario Museum made a very sought after Burgess Shale set which was fantastic drunken 

You can see them in Boki's collection HERE
Back to top Go down
phrog

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:04 am

I appreciate Safari taking a risk and releasing a tube with such unusual animals that many people are not familiar with. I am thinking that this and their prehistoric sharks are some of the most unique and interesting miniature sized models from a western company.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:26 am

phrog wrote:
I appreciate Safari taking a risk and releasing a tube with such unusual animals that many people are not familiar with. I am thinking that this and their prehistoric sharks are some of the most unique and interesting miniature sized models from a western company.

I agree Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:45 am

phrog wrote:

Prehistoric sharks ! 
Do you have them ? 
I would love to see some photoes of them. Those and the prehistori crocodiles Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 12:07 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

The Royal Ontario Museum made a very sought after Burgess Shale set which was fantastic drunken 

You can see them in Boki's collection HERE

Thanks Christophe for telling, I didn't know about them but they transmit a realistic impression of these creatures. Very nice! cheers

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:08 pm

Great additions there, it is a neat tube of unusual animals. I hope it is popular so they make more interesting ones in the future. Maybe I should do my part and buy one. :) 

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:42 am

I has the Royal Ontario Museum aka ROM Burgess Shale "Primeval Predators" and they were some of the first prehistoric animals for me to have ever owned.I was thrilled when this set came out and realized my ROMs and one little (Innovative Kids Groovy Tube "Gone Extinct" Book) Opabinia weren't alone anymore!
I am proud to have gotten this set the very moment it came out! Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:15 am

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause lol! lol! 

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:52 am

Question: Are the ROMs discontinued like Play Visions and Kaiyodo? scratch

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd   Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd Empty

Back to top Go down

Cambrian TOOB from Safari Ltd
Page 1 of 1