Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jeffreys Toys San Francisco

Go down 
+9
Bernyto
Roger
widukind
Taos
Saarlooswolfhound
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
schleich61
Tiermann
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

Jeffreys Toys San Francisco Empty
PostSubject: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:38 pm

When I was in San Francisco I found a toy shop near my hotel that had a pretty extensive selection of AAA animals. They were being sold with plain white tags marked Mamejo Nature as the brand.
Here are some photos of the rack, sorry for the bad quality

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:55 pm

There are a few Schleich and Papo at the top there. In the bin on the lower left were a series of "poison dart frogs" I bought a set of those and will post a photo in another thread.

So what is shown here are:
Large Bull
Cow
Calf
Meerkat
Lamb (sheep)
Baby Rhino
Black Panther
Black Bear
---
Brown Bear
Rhino
Laying Wolf
Polar Bear Cub
Otter
Snow Leopard
Skunk
Ring Tailed Lemur
Large Ring Tailed Lemur
Raccoon
Panda
---
Armadillo
Big Horned Sheep
Howling Wolf
Hyena
Chimpanzee with Baby
Monkey - species?
Red monkey
sitting chimp?
babboon?
howling monkey?
Gorilla Sitting
---
Elephant trunk raised
Meerkat large
Meerkat smaller
Seal pup
Panda
Red Panda
Anteater
Blad Eagle
Polar Bear
Falcon/Hawk
Pelican
---
Box with frogs and some other random stuff
a couple of other boxes of random china made animals
Cougar
--- on floor
Big Black Bear
Big Brown Bear
Big Brown Bear with fish
Big LIon Male
Big White Tiger
Big Elephant

prices ran 1.49 for the frogs up to 5.99 for some of the bigger animals, I didn't check prices on the animals on the floor

I asked and they said they shipped but didn't indicate if that included international.
Their small website is at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
address is 685 Market St San Francisco CA 94105 USA
The phone number on the receipts is different than on their website. The receipt phone number is 1-415-243-8697

Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Great photos, Tim. I know Jeffrey's quite well, as it is where I purchased my first ever Schleich figurine, the mountain goat. It's a great little store that is packed full of games, toys, etc. Up until a couple of years ago, you could still purchase not-so-recently retired Schleich and Safari, along with little treasures like the AAA subline of Endangered Birds which was cross-licensed to Bully as their 68036-68043.

Hope you enjoyed San Francisco, the Magic City...:) 
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:09 pm

Holy, hopping, etc affraid 
Look at the skunk ! The pelican !  The monkeys ( is that gibbons, - they look like the new one from Papo ) , the wolf, the..... Drooool :-P´´´´

Ohhhh, Is anybody going to San Francisco soon ? bounce bounce ´

Thankyou very much for thinking of taking pictures and for sharing, Tim cheers

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:22 pm

AAAAAA, the pelican, and just look at the bird next to it cheers cheers cheers cheers 
I want it soooo bad Crying or Very sad 

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Wow, that would be a great store to visit! I could spend a fortune there... drunken 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:12 pm

WOW,some great models there!!A shop worth visiting when I get to San Fran sometime in the future!!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Unbelievable Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Interesting, AAA is sold under a lot of names, from Ravensden to Yolanda, from ELC to Mamejo! Laughing
Here is a link with a table with prices and pictures of Mamejo figures
Mamejo figures

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:12 pm

But that is a wholesale, the actual prices in shops should be higher

Bernyto

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:41 pm

Hello Tiermann, could you put a big photo about the pelikan and the raptor please?

thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:10 pm

I think they have both been shown before - Roger or Kikimalou maybe? But I did get each of those for myself and will post photos eventually.

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:20 pm

schleich61 wrote:
Great photos, Tim.  I know Jeffrey's quite well, as it is where I purchased my first ever Schleich figurine, the mountain goat.  It's a great little store that is packed full of games, toys, etc.  Up until a couple of years ago, you could still purchase not-so-recently retired Schleich and Safari, along with little treasures like the AAA subline of Endangered Birds which was cross-licensed to Bully as their 68036-68043.

Hope you enjoyed San Francisco, the Magic City...:) 

I did indeed enjoy the city a lot. They carried Schleich, Papo and Safari also and I did buy many of the Safari Good Luck Minis from them. I picked up some other animals from a shop over in the West Portal area that I will show in my collection thread eventually.

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:20 pm

Tim,thanks for your information,Applause Applause 

AAA and Mamejo have many interesting animals.

is necessary see carefully these photos and

find ways to get .

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:26 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
But that is a wholesale, the actual prices in shops should be higher

Yes, Robert! These prices are not for us! Sad
But the table is helpful to check the figures! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:36 am

Before I head back to San Francisco, probably at the very beginning of September, I will check back here to see if anyone wants anything from this store.
Back to top Go down
Bernyto

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 9:21 pm

schleich61 wrote:
Before I head back to San Francisco, probably at the very beginning of September, I will check back here to see if anyone wants anything from this store.

Thanks a lot! I would be interested in a pelikan and other figures!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:16 pm

schleich61 wrote:

That is very nice from you, thanks! Very Happy
I will surely want the mini fox if available! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Trying to get information from Jeffrey's about their stock is, to use Vladimir Putin's recent comment about Edward Snowden, "...like trying to shear a pig
- lots of squealing, but very little wool." Nevertheless, I will attempt to converse with Gloria, the store manager, later today.  Supposedly, the sales
representative for Mamejo, etc., will be in the store on Monday.  If so, I assume it will be to check stock and place a new order.  

I am still planning on travelling to the store myself in late August, or on September 2nd.  What I need from anyone interested is a list of what you want from this store.  Please reply to me here or via PM by the 14th of this month.  I plan on bringing a specific amount of cash with me to purchase these items, but if the list of requests is long, then those of you with big orders may have to make some payment in advance (via Paypal).  For the record, I have no idea what the price is for each of these figurines, but will attempt to get a sense of that from the store manager, if possible.

After several unfortunate experiences recently with lost packages, I simply cannot guarantee anything more than the purchase and shipment of requested figurines. Of course, you can always opt to purchase insurance on your parcel's contents by notifying me in advance.
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:24 pm

Update: I just got off the phone with the store manager, and they are not going to reorder these lines for another month or so, after my visit. I won't know what is in stock there until I arrive. My guess is that most of the figurines in Tim's photos will be available, but obviously I cannot say for sure.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:15 am

Phil, as I am only interested in the little fox. If it is available, maybe it can join someones order from Europe. It will probably end somewhat expensive to post overseas. :)
... and thanks for all your help! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 7:26 am

Roger wrote:
Phil, as I am only interested in the little fox. If it is available, maybe it can join someones order from Europe. It will probably end somewhat expensive to post overseas. :)
... and thanks for all your help! Very Happy
In between the rhino and polar bear cub, I think? Okay, I'll pick one up for you.
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 9:04 am

Oh, so great pictures. If I would there, I would have bought surely some of them!
In Germany I never have seen AAA animals in shops in this way. Only Schleich, Bullyland and sometimes Papo are selling in this way here.
Many thanks for these pictures!

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 9:56 pm

I'm interested in the brow pelican, snow leopard and the raptor!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeffreys Toys San Francisco   Jeffreys Toys San Francisco Empty

Back to top Go down

Jeffreys Toys San Francisco
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next