Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A China Girafe Gets a Makeover!

Go down 
+5
orcagirl26
animalluvr6
arafan
Roger
Pony
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pony

Pony

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

A China Girafe Gets a Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: A China Girafe Gets a Makeover!   A China Girafe Gets a Makeover! EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 5:17 pm

The other day we went out to my sister's old hometown and stopped by a dollar store, where my grandmother found some wonderful Halloween decoration pieces and I (of course) went to look for the plastic animals. xD I searched or some nice horses, but there were none, and looked at a few other animals. I found some nice birds, but didn't like the paint of them, and wasn't sure if I could repaint those ones. But i found this adorable little giraffe, here, take a look:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

but i didn't care for his paint job or the poor moulding skill on him, so i figured with a face like that, he deserves to look better!

so i started, and his tail just seemed to bother me, it was too long and bendy, the paint would chip and pull off if it were moved, so i took out my scissors and chopped it off. I then proceeded to drill a hole in the base of the tail and stuck on the middle part of a cotton swab as a base. so after a couple coats of paint, i finished him this morning. i present to you, Girrafery. xD his name is like Jeffery, but not. xD

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A China Girafe Gets a Makeover!   A China Girafe Gets a Makeover! EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 5:52 pm

Girraferie turned in a wonderful girl! Very Happy
You did a great work. I only don't know if Martin, our giraffe lover, will agree with the cutting of the tail. ;)It has a lovely expression. flower

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: A China Girafe Gets a Makeover!   A China Girafe Gets a Makeover! EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 5:57 pm

The giraffe looks now a much better! Applause 

Last edited by arafan on Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: A China Girafe Gets a Makeover!   A China Girafe Gets a Makeover! EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:17 pm

He looks so much better! Beautiful work and congrats! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: A China Girafe Gets a Makeover!   A China Girafe Gets a Makeover! EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Shocked He looks so much better! Congrats! Applause 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A China Girafe Gets a Makeover!   A China Girafe Gets a Makeover! EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 8:27 pm

Really better as before!! Congrats , nice work cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: A China Girafe Gets a Makeover!   A China Girafe Gets a Makeover! EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 8:30 pm

Great job! It looks so much better. I agree, the tail was too long. sunny

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A China Girafe Gets a Makeover!   A China Girafe Gets a Makeover! EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 8:59 pm

What a wonderful Jeffery you have there cheers 

He is a beautyful and special giraffe...even has a cotton tail and blue tongue Very Happy Applause 

AlvinCK

AlvinCK

Country/State : Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: A China Girafe Gets a Makeover!   A China Girafe Gets a Makeover! EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:34 am

Wow you transformed it completely into a new animal!! cheers affraid 

PostSubject: Re: A China Girafe Gets a Makeover!   A China Girafe Gets a Makeover! Empty

Back to top Go down

A China Girafe Gets a Makeover!
Page 1 of 1