Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Corgi Toys black poodle

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Corgi Toys black poodle Empty
PostSubject: Corgi Toys black poodle   Corgi Toys black poodle EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 1:33 am

So I got this black poodle a while back, maybe someone knows what it is?

Corgi Toys black poodle 10162729545_8da76e7481

Corgi Toys black poodle 10162795316_8ca5bc1f27

Compared to Schleich minis white poodle
Corgi Toys black poodle 10162791386_6664a873ff

Size comparison
Corgi Toys black poodle 10162717075_567b452fb5

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Corgi Toys black poodle   Corgi Toys black poodle EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 8:35 am

I don't know, but it is an awfully cute little critter drunken 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Corgi Toys black poodle   Corgi Toys black poodle EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 1:59 pm

Yes, sometimes tiny makes it cute. Very Happy

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Corgi Toys black poodle   Corgi Toys black poodle EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 7:15 am

Looks like the Corgi poodle?

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Corgi Toys black poodle   Corgi Toys black poodle EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:44 pm

smallscaleworld wrote:

Welcome here  sunny sunny sunny 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Corgi Toys black poodle   Corgi Toys black poodle EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:45 pm

smallscaleworld wrote:

Welcome here! sunny Is "Corgi" a certain brand? I haven't heard of it before. scratch

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Corgi Toys black poodle   Corgi Toys black poodle EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 5:40 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
smallscaleworld wrote:

Welcome here! ☀Is "Corgi" a certain brand? I haven't heard of it before. scratch

Corgi - Corgi Toys in full was a brand of die-cast toy cars and vehicles from the Mettoy company introduced in 1956. The Mettoy Company went bust in 1983 but the name carried on.

Some of their models included plastic animal figures to enhance play. For example their horse boxes included a horse, their ‘Chipperfields’ circus animal cage was available with a range of animals which could include polar bears, lions or tigers and their livestock transporter included pigs. None of these animals were originally available separately but they do turn up frequently at toy fairs or in bagged animal lots at charity shops.

Your poodle figure, which Hugh correctly identified the manufacturer, was included in the Corgi Toys Chevrolet Impala ‘Kennel Club’ car. It was one of four different dog breeds included.

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Corgi Toys black poodle   Corgi Toys black poodle EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Chris Sweetman wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
smallscaleworld wrote:

Welcome here! ☀Is "Corgi" a certain brand? I haven't heard of it before. scratch

Corgi - Corgi Toys in full was a brand of die-cast toy cars and vehicles from the Mettoy company introduced in 1956. The Mettoy Company went bust in 1983 but the name carried on.

Some of their models included plastic animal figures to enhance play. For example their horse boxes included a horse, their ‘Chipperfields’ circus animal cage was available with a range of animals which could include polar bears, lions or tigers and their livestock transporter included pigs. None of these animals were originally available separately but they do turn up frequently at toy fairs or in bagged animal lots at charity shops.

Your poodle figure, which Hugh correctly identified the manufacturer, was included in the Corgi Toys Chevrolet Impala ‘Kennel Club’ car. It was one of four different dog breeds included.

This is very interesting, thank you for clarifying and identifying my poodle!  cheers cheers cheers 

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Corgi Toys black poodle   Corgi Toys black poodle EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:19 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Chris Sweetman wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
smallscaleworld wrote:

This is very interesting, thank you for clarifying and identifying my poodle!  cheers cheers cheers 

If you go to the Links page, and look at Hugh's (uber vintage plastics expert, well the weird little items at least) smallscaleworld site, you'll see he has covered all the Corgi brand figures, animals and people, in comprehensive detail recently. Scroll well down the page to get all of his posts about them, there is more, a lot more, than his Corgi list near the top of the page.
Note there were also some tiny white poodles in one of the 'Chipperfields Circus' (formerly one of the main real UK circus companies) sets.
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Corgi Toys black poodle   Corgi Toys black poodle EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:37 pm

DaveScriv wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Chris Sweetman wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
smallscaleworld wrote:

If you go to the Links page, and look at Hugh's (uber vintage plastics expert, well the weird little items at least) smallscaleworld site, you'll see he has covered all the Corgi brand figures, animals and people, in comprehensive detail recently. Scroll well down the page to get all of his posts about them, there is more, a lot more, than his Corgi list near the top of the page.
Note there were also some tiny white poodles in one of the 'Chipperfields Circus' (formerly one of the main real UK circus companies) sets.  

I have looked at Hugh’s Corgi Toys list and it is impressive but it is need of corrections e.g. 010 - Road Maintenance Figures was not a Corgi Toys set but one from Meccano’s Dinky Toy range. I have this set and clearly it is Dinky Toys. Also I have a number of Corgi Toys catalogues of this period and it never appeared in any of these. I am posting this information to support Hugh’s endeavours.

The ‘Chipperfields’ Performing Poodles model was the same vehicle as the ‘Kennel Club' Chevrolet but the poses of the poodles were different to the one included in the ‘Kennel Club’ model.

smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Corgi Toys black poodle   Corgi Toys black poodle EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:10 pm

In my defence Chris I did state...

"The last group are more problematical...I have notes to the effect this set is Corgi AND Dinky. Now, they are definitely in the style of the few other Stadden-designed Dinky figures, also I'm pretty sure I found them in a Corgi capacity when I was preparing these articles over a years ago. That site is now no more, and I can only ask if any one knows for certain...it's likely that they were a Dinky set inherited by Corgi"

...in the relevant post covering the civilians (Corgi Civilains) and I also stated on the text post...

"This is very much a work in progress, and no more than an annotated list in numerical order of what a lawyer would call disparagingly; 'manuscript notes'!...Feel free to correct or add to it..."

(Check List)

And while it's true that the code is the same as the Dinky code, it's equally true the the one bought the assets of the other and share other figures, the 'Old Crocks' as I called them. I haven't - for instance noted the difference between the Elephant I've posted and the latter Jean Richard circus sculpt, because I didn't have it to hand to photograph, because it's a work in progress and because nobody's list is the definitive list, and nobody as everything! I'm not happy with the listing and it remains very much a question mark! I'll note your comments, thanks.

And - you know - if you have other corrections or additions, do pass them on to the rest of the hobby, you can comment on either post, or email me (my eMail is on the blog) or...now I'm here - PM me!!

H
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corgi Toys black poodle   Corgi Toys black poodle Empty

Back to top Go down

Corgi Toys black poodle
Page 1 of 1