Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you do with your collection?

Go down 
+12
koniminiatures
NightLioness
widukind
Silver Unicornis
Carola
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
goatherder
AlienMantis
Kikimalou
LeeAnn
AlopexLagopus
16 posters
AuthorMessage
AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

What do you do with your collection? Empty
PostSubject: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Do you ever play with your animals?
Do you pet them? I love you 
I spend some time starring at them quite every day drunken

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:37 pm

Interesting topic! study 

Photograph, dust, display, dust, stare, dust, and dust some more! Very Happy Laughing Oh, and definitely add to it!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:16 pm

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
Interesting topic! study 

Photograph, dust, display, dust, stare, dust, and dust some more! Very Happy:lol:Oh, and definitely add to it!
Laughing Laughing Laughing  Yes... What else ? Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:17 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Interesting topic! study 

Photograph, dust, display, dust, stare, dust, and dust some more! Very Happy:lol:Oh, and definitely add to it!
Dust! Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:21 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Interesting topic! study 

Dust! Laughing
Indeed... scratch  Maybe we are Dust collectors Laughing 

We need to find a new name for our forum Wink
Back to top Go down
AlienMantis

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:22 pm

A lot of comparising, if they have parts of reused molds Laughing Laughing 

goatherder

goatherder

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:44 pm

I spend a lot of time wondering why I'm so intrested in plastic animals.scratch 

And then making a wildly out of control zoo to fit it all into Rolling Eyes 

Oh  also dust and stare.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:04 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Interesting topic! study 

Dust! Laughing

StaubSammler-Forum

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 1:00 am

I look at them quite often (obviously) that's how I know what I do and don't have. My family are baffled that I know exactly what I have already without having to think about it, but most of my collection I have had my entire life so it kinda comes with the territory... Anyway, I add to it, dust it often, make comparisons between figures, maybe take some pics once in a while, and just enjoy them.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 9:01 am

I have them everywhere ! No empty surface here !!! They are an important part of my life, - I also dream about them Laughing geek 

And DUST ! Shocked 
I live next to a dirt-road, where some people think it is ok to drive 200 km per hour, - and digging dogs, a wood stove...Laughing Laughing 
But people who smoke, are sent outdoors !!!!!Twisted Evil 

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:25 pm

Adore, stare, make photo sessions, adore some more. No dust, because they're behind glass Wink 

In fact the little plastic figurines can be considered art, and i think that's how I look at them. i see them as if they were a beautiful painting or sculpture(as they are sculptures made by artists Rolling Eyes ) Very Happy

Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:31 pm

Photographing for my blog, dustiong, staring at them, and being proud of them! Laughing What a Face Cool

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 1:35 pm

Carola wrote:
Adore, stare, make photo sessions, adore some more. No dust, because they're behind glass Wink 
Razz Razz I have about 1/3 of mine behind glass... If only I could get them all behind glass that would be a lot less dust! Razz Razz

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Interesting topic! study 

Dust! Laughing

StaubSammler-Forum

Or like my girlfriend say " Staubfänger " Laughing Laughing Laughing  that means dust catcher Very Happy 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 5:42 pm

staring in my shelves and on my newcomers and than more i hunt for more sunny sunny sunny 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 6:09 pm

widukind wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Interesting topic! study 

Dust! Laughing

StaubSammler-Forum
Or like my girlfriend say " Staubfänger " Laughing Laughing Laughing  that means dust catcher Very Happy 
Laughing 

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 11:59 pm

widukind wrote:
staring in my shelves and on my newcomers and than more i hunt for more sunny sunny sunny 
cheers cheers cheers 

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 1:25 pm

Showing my collection proudly to everyone who wants to see them, photographing them (even take some outside to get nice photos) and collecting more and more XD (Dusting, hmm, not that much actually.)

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 12:36 am

Most of my time spent with my miniatures is time spent hacking them apart or otherwise modifying them. I do stare, too, but more in scrutiny than adoration. This tends to lead to spotting flaws, then setting out to better them, usually by resculpting.

I do also stand in quiet mourning in the display room. They're mostly images of sad stuff, after all, my models. A kind of record of what's happening out there, or a teeny monument to it. Sort of an assembly of headstones, not to be too morose.

cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:01 am

Every once in a while, my little sister wants to play with them, so we get them down and sort them, then set them up in a toy barn my dad made. Then they have wars. (Herbivores always win) Sometimes I just sit and stare at them.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 5:19 am

whenever im online, one figure accompanies me at the desk.

I love to photograph them,  but sometimes I get relly picky and scrutinize them for flaws in paint Mad 

That's an issue that im seeing therapy for
Back to top Go down
Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 4:41 pm

I organize it, reorganize it, write lists for every category of animal and count them to see if the lists fits in with the numbers.
I make small displays on the top of my aquarium, the only place i have, where I can make displays.
Theese displays are changed nearly every time I have to do some work in the aquarium, and always when I have got some new figures.
I look at them, study them and compare them with pictures of the real animals. I also like to photo them, and show them to everyone who are interested.
I have to store my collection in shoeboxes, so dusting is not a problem, but I really wish I had some shelves to put my figures into. Perhaps I have to throw out some old books Rolling Eyes 
When I am sitting with my computer I always have one or two figures with me. Today it is the two Schleich lambs that will be retired 2014. I like them very much, perhaps better than the new ones. I look forward to see and hold the new lambs in my hands, and all the other Schleich news too.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 6:42 pm

That's a real passion! Very Happy

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:21 pm

AlopexLagopus wrote:
That's a real passion! Very Happy
Laughing  I was retired 3 years ago, and don't have to run away to a job any more. I started collecting seriously about that time. I don't like sitting in a rocking chair knitting or making embroidery. So I have plenty of time, (but not plenty of money), and collecting animals give me a lot of pleasure. bounce Laughing It keeps my brain young. elephant rendeer monkey alien rabbit jocolor geek 
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 9:30 am

I like to re-organise the display cabinets now and then - I love getting a new model - photographing the figurines outside is something I probably like doing the most - I do sometimes stare at my models, but not always in fondness, sometimes I think "I have way too many figurines"

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your collection?   What do you do with your collection? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1