Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Touch up paint?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ratar

Ratar

Country/State : Orem, Utah

Touch up paint? Empty
PostSubject: Touch up paint?   Touch up paint? EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 5:24 am

I have a couple of schleich that have recently had makeovers by my 3 year old son. I was wondering what type of paint is best for touch ups on the figures.
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

Touch up paint? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint?   Touch up paint? EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:37 am

Oh NO! affraid No

Well we do have a couple of artists on the forum that make figures for dioramas. They may have a suggestion.

You may just have to give them to your 3 year old for Christmas santa since he has already made them his.
I hope they were newer models that are easily replaceable.

Ah children, ya gotta love them...never a dull moment! Wink

Sue
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Touch up paint? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint?   Touch up paint? EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Very Happy I won´t quote W.C.Fields about children and the trafiic Rolling Eyes

It reminds me about 9 years ago, I had two siamese kittens cat cat and a puppy alien at the same time. The kitties were EVERYWHERE as people familiar with the breed know Laughing , sprinkling Schleich on the floor, - the pup was extaticly happy for all the great "chewing bones" she got . Sad

But she had a good taste, my dear pup, - she always found the most rare and expensive ones to chew What a Face

santa rendeer

PS Of course not all the plastic toys in the world could replace a kid, a dog or a kitty Wink
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Ratar

Ratar

Country/State : Orem, Utah

Touch up paint? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint?   Touch up paint? EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:15 pm

Let's just say that we already share "my" collection. :)

He got red marker on my polar bear cub(should be easy to repaint white) and a nice blue spot on my Tigress 14318. I scrubbed the polar bear cub and now he is a nice shade of pink.

My dog as a puppy chewed two different pigs of the same model, a white tiger cub, a fleckevieh calf and a lions tail to the back end. Thank goodness the puppy stage is over.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Touch up paint? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint?   Touch up paint? EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 pm

Sometimes nailpolish-remover ( the kind without acetone) can do the job. On the polar bear it is worth trying as he is white already, I think ?

Ha, ha, yes, puppies are lovely, but a nice old dog is much, much easier Very Happy Laughing alien

santa rendeer
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

Touch up paint? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint?   Touch up paint? EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 3:27 am

When i hear and see this with all the animals i have living around here, i am happy that i don't have doggies or kitties living here right now! Shocked
And that i have my models in closed vitrines and cabinets, so they can't reach them anyway.... Laughing

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

Touch up paint? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint?   Touch up paint? EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 5:54 pm

I use acrylics or pastels. If you use pastels you will need a primer and a fixative spray.

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Touch up paint? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint?   Touch up paint? Empty

Back to top Go down

Touch up paint?
Page 1 of 1