Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures Empty
PostSubject: Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures   Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Well I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best paint markers or something similar that I could use to touch up my Schleich, Safari etc. figures. I would like to get a variety pack with all different colors but I am having a hard time finding "natural colors".

Thanks
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures   Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:01 am

Do you want acrilycs, pastels, oils...?

And what kind of animals are you going to repaint? For example, for horses you´ll need earth colors: sienna, brown, ochre, red, orange...

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures   Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:02 am

Weell, perhaps I am silly, but I think it is a terrible shame to "touch up" on a model geek

Whenever I see in TV about the value of old stuff, the price just drops to nothing when somebody has "improved" an old item at some time.

Also I get furious if I buy a model and can see that somebody has tried to make it look better, - rather a honest model with scratches and signs of it having had a past as a beloved toy Wink

I know that many of the models are/were made by the thousands, but still.... Wink

Rather make a nice, honest repaint like Sivia suggests Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures   Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:15 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Weell, perhaps I am silly, but I think it is a terrible shame to "touch up" on a model geek

Whenever I see in TV about the value of old stuff, the price just drops to nothing when somebody has "improved" an old item at some time.

Also I get furious if I buy a model and can see that somebody has tried to make it look better, - rather a honest model with scratches and signs of it having had a past as a beloved toy Wink

I know that many of the models are/were made by the thousands, but still.... Wink

Rather make a nice, honest repaint like Sivia suggests Very Happy

I am mainly thinking of a total repaint or a touch up if its really in bad shape.... I feel the exact same way about that
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures   Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 4:55 pm

dlfrogman wrote:

I am mainly thinking of a total repaint or a touch up if its really in bad shape.... I feel the exact same way about that

Ohh, I am glad to hear you agree flower cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures   Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:00 am

SUSANNE wrote:
dlfrogman wrote:

Ohh, I am glad to hear you agree flower cheers sunny

It could be good to keep the original colour. But sometimes some people just like to adjust to what they like & totally up to individual. :) :)

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures   Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:20 am

I think it depends... If you are collecting only because you like the figurines, then touching up something is not important. But if you collect thinking of the value of the figurine, then th¡ouching up is not recommended! :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures   Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for paint markers or similar to touch up Schleich, Safari figures
Page 1 of 1