Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!

Go down 
+12
lucky luke
Miss Jane
stef1000
Philter4
ken yeo
Ana
widukind
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
koniminiatures
16 posters
AuthorMessage
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! Empty
PostSubject: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 12:53 am

So. I recently had the opportunity to commission Emilia/Deseo, a fellow Finn and forum member (website here), for an entirely new sculpt. I wished for a Neapolitan mastiff, but not one of the showring horrors paraded around today. With pictures of the "working type" Neapolitans of today as well as some historical specimens for inspiration, Deseo created a splendid sculpture of a happily unamputated Neo of far healthier, functional conformation and type still instantly distinguishable as a Neapolitan. The pose the model is presented in is, I find, a most apt mix of lazy lounging around and stern alertness ready for action, should the need arise. Deseo painted the model to a multihued blue with lovely details and lavender skin, and even crafted the model a collar. See for yourself (and please excuse my poor pictures - they do the model no justice at all):

The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! IMG_0053
The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! IMG_0155
The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! IMG_0164
The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! IMG_0167
The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! IMG_0044
The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! IMG_0170
The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! IMG_0160

The dog was sculpted in approximately 1:12 scale, as shown here by Papo's (significantly sicklier) Neo companion:
The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! IMG_0185

I'm thrilled (and quite humbled!) to be the new owner of this beauty, and more than a bit anxious over the notion of having had such a precious one-of-a-kind piece trusted in my care (what if I wear it down by staring..?!). He's the king of my collections now, and I'm very grateful to Deseo for creating him for me. In the future I'm looking forward to crafting him a wooden, lined throne pedestal worthy of his stature to oversee the rest of my models upon, but for now he'll just enjoy the best spot of the shelves and my adoring gaze (or unnerving stare, for him, likely) every time I amble past. Thank you Deseo for creating him - and thank you, reader, for reading!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 12:58 am

What an absolutely stunning Neo! Big congratulations Lea! cheers cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:28 am

It's beautiful. fantastic piece!

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:36 am

I love him, he's so gorgeous, such an appealing sculpture all round cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:39 am

WONDERFUL model ! He is a true beauty and the king of any collection  king cheers 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Beautieful work from Deseo!!! Congratulations for you  Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Wow, really beautiful piece. I love the delicate modelling in this one, and especially head is so wonderfully done, amazing. I'm not surprised you named him king of your collection Lea! He has something absolutely special. sunny

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:22 pm

Congratulations Lea! I love this Neapolitan mastiff so much!

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 5:29 pm

He is beautiful!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
stef1000

stef1000

Country/State : Haaksbergen, Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:00 pm

Applause Applause affraid Wow he is so beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Miss Jane

Miss Jane

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 9:16 am

What a truly magnificent hound! I am in love with him.

And epicly jealous. xD

What a dog, cheers!

I love his little toes! Naw.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 10:34 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
It's beautiful. fantastic piece!

Applause Very Happy cheers Cool flower 
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Looks so sweet, I like it a lot Very Happy

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 10:17 pm

Thank you, everyone, for your wonderful comments! I'm very happy the Neo's so well-liked.

Deseo has, by the way, a Bichon frisé sculpt available for ordering with eight gypsum copies left (see here). More dog sculptures are up and coming, too, with the possibility of resin copies for those interested. She has a poll open on her website currently for people to vote for their favourite pose for her upcoming Miniature Schnauzer sculpture. Go cast your vote, if you're interested!

I must mention she also gives us the chance to express our wishes (a maximum of three per person) on the breed and, optionally, pose, for any future sculpts by her here in the "Kommentit" ('Comments') field of the guestbook box. (The three above small fields are 'Name', 'Homepage' and 'E-mail' respectively.) By all means go and leave her a comment, if you'd like to see a specific breed by her in the future!

animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:08 am

Just gorgeous! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 6:54 am

Congratulation, it is a wonderful model  Applause 
Back to top Go down
bjarki12

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 10:59 pm

What a beautiful dog! He looks wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!   The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo! Empty

Back to top Go down

The glorious working Neapolitan mastiff original sculpture by Deseo!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Homemade and customised figures additions-
Jump to: