Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )

Go down 
+36
MansoBoricua
Caracal
Pardofelis
landrover
robinhoodfan
Kikimalou
costicuba
Florian
stecal
hawkins_zh
Taos
Bonobo
Zelvik
MartinH
PeGe
Noémi
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
Chris Sweetman
Ana
scot(t)
JonasV
lucky luke
koniminiatures
Roger
cattlecollector
NightLioness
SeanieP
ulinuk
Carola
LeeAnn
Bloodrayne
widukind
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
NandO
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 1:45 pm

Bullyland

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 9:35 pm

Nice picture of a mandatory figure. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Thank you :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 2:18 pm

Playland Tamaraw

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 4:06 pm

Congratulations, this is very rare figure to me. cheers cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 7:08 pm

Thank you Fernando :)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 10:29 pm

Very nice and rare model cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 10:42 pm

Thank you Susanne :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 7:52 pm

newcomer

Last edited by widukind on Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 2:21 am

Very nice! Well, talking about buffaloes, I forgot to talk about the Elastolin (Tipple-Topple) water buffalo. In the ToyAnimal Wiki, when I go to the African Buffalo page, I can see the Tipple-Topple buffalo... I would say that the Tipple-Topple is actually an Asian water buffalo, not the African species... If you see the horns closely, you'll find that the Tipple-Topple water buffalo is based on a Bulgarian Murrah, a breed of domestic Asian water buffalo. Here you can see it: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The good thing is that this Asian water buffalo is still available on eBay and Figurenschnapp.de... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 4:59 am

TheAnimalStudyGuy wrote:
Very nice! Well, talking about buffaloes, I forgot to talk about the Elastolin (Tipple-Topple) water buffalo. In the ToyAnimal Wiki, when I go to the African Buffalo page, I can see the Tipple-Topple buffalo... I would say that the Tipple-Topple is actually an Asian water buffalo, not the African species... If you see the horns closely, you'll find that the Tipple-Topple water buffalo is based on a Bulgarian Murrah, a breed of domestic Asian water buffalo. Here you can see it: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The good thing is that this Asian water buffalo is still available on eBay and Figurenschnapp.de... Very Happy

I agree, the main problem is Tipple-Topple named it a Cape buffalo on catalogues. So what to do ? Maybe we could let the name and put the link on the TAW Water buffalo page ? What do you think ?
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 5:23 pm

An unknown bison! Smile [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 5:41 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 3:53 am

Kikimalou wrote:
TheAnimalStudyGuy wrote:

I agree, the main problem is Tipple-Topple named it a Cape buffalo on catalogues. So what to do ? Maybe we could let the name and put the link on the TAW Water buffalo page ? What do you think ?

Yes, I believe that is the best option. It's better if the Tipple-Topple buffalo is on the Bubalus page.

By the way, there is supposed to be a Bubalus bubalis (Domestic water buffalo) page on TAW. The only pages are for the tamaraw and the wild water buffalo (Bubalus arnee).

The domestic water buffalo page should include the Tipple-Topple buffalo, the Bandai Buffalo female and calf, and the Safari Ltd. Carabao.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 8:21 am

Taos wrote:
An unknown bison! Smile [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A cute looking bison !!! I love it ! cheers

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 12:50 pm

My two buffalos:

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 3:48 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 6:08 pm

newcomers

Last edited by widukind on Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 6:50 pm

Gaur and american bison Colorata? cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 7:14 pm

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 2:41 pm

newcomer

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 3:51 pm

Very nice Cape Buffalo! Smile

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 5:10 pm

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptySat May 01, 2021 12:03 pm

newcomers (ignore the zebu)

Back to top Go down
MansoBoricua

MansoBoricua

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 10:29 pm

Guest wrote:
Hello guys! I've heard you're showing up your buffaloes and bison. Here are my buffaloes:

Hey guys! It's been a long time since I photographed those pictures.

Anyway, I've noticed the Tipple-Topple buffalo misnamed as "Kaffernbuffel" in the catalog is actually a Mediterranean (Riverine) water buffalo (I addressed this issue earlier but also committed the mistake to label it as an Indian Murrah buffalo). What I would do with this figure in the Toy Animal Wiki is to make a Domestic water buffalo page, and within that page, include the Safari Ltd. Carabao, the Tipple-Topple buffalo and a Wild Republic water buffalo originally made by Nayab.

This issue was similar to the Battat's African Buffalo. It was named "water buffalo" in the catalog but the horns and structure clearly depict it as an East African cape buffalo. Thus, it's identified with the African buffalo.

Here's the link to the Wild Republic Water Buffalo:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://ianadames02.wixsite.com/ianadamesart
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )   Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 ) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show Us Yours : Buffalo ( Mid December 2013 )
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next