Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014

Go down 
+13
NightLioness
Florian
Katty
Saarlooswolfhound
Ana
Arnaud
persefone
JonasV
Elros Alvar
LeeAnn
trevok4
widukind
SUSANNE
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 Empty
PostSubject: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 12:22 pm

Just as the last couple of years, I serious contemplated not to buy the horses from Schleich this year. 
But I HAD to get the Fjords...and the fallabella, and...well, I ended up buying them all, as I have done the last many years  geek  Rolling Eyes 

I got them before christmas, but only yesterday I unpacked the Trakehners. I mean ...GIRAFFES ! Braids ! And worst of all : PINTO TRAKEHNERS  affraid  Suspect 
But googling for Trakehner Schecken, I found that they actually are not only accepted in the stud book,   Shocked 
- they are quite common in Germany, and very beautyful, as you can see in this example : Pinto Trakehners  Idea  Very Happy 
And now that I have taken pictures of them, the pinto stallion has actually found his way to the top of one of my shelves ...I like him a lot  cheers 

Well, let'ts start with the whole family :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here, the stallion. In spite of the enormously long neck, I like him a lot  Very Happy 
He has a beautyful, but rather strange base colour. Could he be bay silver dappled pinto ?  scratch 

The cutest muzzle Wink

Cream-coloured tail on a bay rump...he must be silver dappeled  Shocked 

Lovely foal, too  Wink 

I wished the underside had been more beige, but anyway...it is a nice touch that the underside of a bay foal's tail is lighter than the top Very Happy

OMG ! Eyes of a demon again ! How I wished Schleich would make a bit of an effort on the eyes of their horse models !!!! 
One of the things that makes a good model is certainly the eyes  Crying or Very sad 

And here the mare has a chat with the old beauty from 2002 Very Happy

Nice hooves, but again : dear Schleich, please be a bit more careful with the paintwork  Rolling Eyes 

Strange muzzle, placed at the tip of the head  Rolling Eyes 

Not the worst braids, if there has to be braids Wink

The whole flock together :

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 2:05 pm

Congratulations Susanne  cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
trevok4

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 2:08 pm

congrats
btw i think that the new mare looks alot like the old mare Very Happy

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 2:25 pm

More great additions! cheers I think it is great to unpack them slowly, so you have something to look forward to the next day. Wink

I like the color on the stallion, but not the sculpt. The head is better than I thought, but still a little long. The poor mare has such a sad face, like Carola mentioned. Sad

I think the foal is okay. Like you said, the tail should be more cream than stark white, IMHO, and the leg proportions are off, but I appreciate the fact that Schleich tried to make more of an animated pose.

Thanks for the photos Susanne! cheers

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 3:00 pm

Congrats I love them, I think that the mare have a good fce but has a bad nose and front  Suspect  But I will buy them all  bounce bounce bounce sunny sunny

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 3:41 pm

Thankyou, friends Very Happy

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
.......I think it is great to unpack them slowly, so you have something to look forward to the next day. Wink

Yes !!! Hard to do, but great when it works  Laughing 

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
......but I appreciate the fact that Schleich tried to make more of an animated pose.

cheers

Very Happy True words !

Álvaro/schleich wrote:
Congrats I love them, I think that the mare have a good fce but has a bad nose and front  Suspect  But I will buy them all  bounce bounce bounce sunny sunny

Exactly  cheers

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 4:26 pm

Congratulations Susanne! I like a lot of that stallion! Can i ask, are they Made in Germany? Wink 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
persefone

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 5:18 pm

Trakehners are one of my favourite breeds :)

Yeah... pinto trakehners... and what's about rouanne andalusian and dun foal? O_O

On the other hand, it doesn't matter if they are paint or green, always beautiful ^^
Back to top Go down
Arnaud

Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Congratulations Susanne!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 5:28 pm

Congratulations Susanne! cheers
I love Trakheners, it's such a beautiful breed. Schleich as a German brand should know better their real proportions and looks. Anyway these figures do have certain charm in them. Still highly stylised but probably along their best 2014 new horse figures.
Big thank you for walk around photos Susanne! It's nice to know how they look on not catalog photographs! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 5:39 pm

Wow, I love the stallion and foal. That mare compared to the old one is hideous,  Sad . Yes the paintwork is getting a little worse on them. Congrats on your newbies.  cheers 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 5:45 pm

Thaks for liking my new giraffes  cheers 

jonesee wrote:
Congratulations Susanne! I like a lot of that stallion! Can i ask, are they Made in Germany? Wink 

Yes. They are made in Germany  Very Happy 

JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 7:02 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Thaks for liking my new giraffes  cheers 

jonesee wrote:

Yes. They are made in Germany  Very Happy 

Thank you! cheers When the new products coming to the stores, I have to go and check whether the Chinese versions better painted.. Mainly the horses look great!  Smile 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 4:59 am

Great photos Susanne. Congrats!

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 9:52 am

They're beautiful Susanne and the colors are really nice but I don't think that the sculpts are just (for the morphology).
However Congrats cheers Applause Applause 

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 10:20 am

Thank you Susanne for the photos. The whole family is on my WL, and I have the old lady like you have. So I want them more, after seeing these photos.

Yeah, the mares face looks odd and the stretched hind leg of the stallion too.

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 12:05 pm

Thank you very much for sharing these photos, comparison and opinions, Susanne  sunny It's very helpful.

They look better than I expected. The mare, even though she looks so sad, has someting to her. I will have to see her in real life. Compared with the old Trakehner, she looks fair, but still too long neck.. And she is a bit skinnier than the oldie.

It's a shame with the 'flat' eyes. The Stallion looks to have the best eyes, I think.

.I just don't understand the hind leg of the Stallion... So strange.. And the long necks and large heads, make their legs look quite short, I think.

I really like the direction in the fur texturing. Nice new detail  Smile 

JackyLovertjex

JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 3:27 pm

Thank you so much for the good pictures Susanne!
I'm not impressed at all Sad I don't like them. Their build is very strange. I prefer my old Trakehner mare. I'm not planning to buy these, but I do want to see them once in real life. I didn't buy any Schleich horses the couple 2 years (but the Shire stallion, I liked it's pose. I was planning to repaint him, because he looks quite a bit like Boris) I might buy the Fjords, but I'm still not sure. Like you said, the eyes are one of the main things when it comes to a good sculpt. I miss the charm and realism of the old Schleich horses..

But I do like the amount of detail they are putting in their models. Like the fur texturing. The hoofs aren't that bad too, but a better paint job would make a huge difference in my eyes.

No, I think I'm going to save my money, and if I buy models, it will be CollectA's or Mojo's . (The only thing I don't really like about them is their poor paintjob sometimes, but the sculpting is now way better then Schleich)
Back to top Go down
ulinuk

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Congrats! cheers  cheers  cheers

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
shane ryan

shane ryan

Country/State : ireland

PostSubject: schleich trekener coloured stallion in real life ?    horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 1:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this is a video of the great john whitaker riding a lovely coloured stallion .but if you look at this stallion does it look slightly abnormal ? it has a long neck almost giraffe like in a way ? did schleich manufactorers stumble across this ?  question question 
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 7:40 am

Good point! Thank you for sharing this video! Beautiful horse cheers 

I think that the latest Schleich Trakehners go anyway for a little over..

Real trakehners have medium-long neck as you know (and seexP) So I think that if the new Schleich trakehners had had longer legs and the whole body better made, the neck would be good as it is.. Ok, what you guys think?  Smile 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 10:58 am

Jonesee, you are probably right, that if enlarging the body & legs of the Schleich, the neck could fit, along with head size, for the Stallion.. The mare still has a very odd loooong face... I think.

shane ryan wrote:

this is a video of the great john whitaker riding a lovely coloured stallion .but if you look at this stallion does it look slightly abnormal ? it has a long neck almost giraffe like in a way ? did schleich manufactorers stumble across this ?  question question 

Beautiful! I just love how horses run  drunken 

shane ryan

shane ryan

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 1:44 pm

jonesee wrote:
Good point! Thank you for sharing this video! Beautiful horse cheers 

I think that the latest Schleich Trakehners go anyway for a little over..

Real trakehners have medium-long neck as you know (and seexP) So I think that if the new Schleich trakehners had had longer legs and the whole body better made, the neck would be good as it is.. Ok, what you guys think?  Smile 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

true  Wink 
Back to top Go down
shane ryan

shane ryan

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 1:45 pm

Carola wrote:
Jonesee, you are probably right, that if enlarging the body & legs of the Schleich, the neck could fit, along with head size, for the Stallion.. The mare still has a very odd loooong face... I think.

shane ryan wrote:

Beautiful! I just love how horses run  drunken 

really nice horse :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 2:50 pm

Perhaps the horse would look more natural if the upper line didn't go down so much at the shoulder ?
I am sorry, I still don't know how to draw in my new program, so please if you will use your imagination  Embarassed Embarassed 

The height of two points shown with arrows ( I do not know the names in English) should be almost the same.

So if the body was moved up, and the legs were longer, he would begin to look more natyral, I think ;-)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014   horses - New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Schleich Trakehner horses for 2014
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next