Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino

Go down 
+28
Dum_my
MiniZoo
Tarunyada
lucky luke
donny ong
Saarlooswolfhound
Elephants Rule
arafan
Carola
ken yeo
PeGe
Numa
bjarki12
signatus
kudu11
Ana
Geospiza fortis
miniNature
littlebear
JonasV
Joan Milelire
LeeAnn
HKHollinstone
widukind
Florian
Kikimalou
Philter4
elephas_maximus
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 3:08 pm

I am amazed!  Applause Applause Applause Applause 

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 4:43 pm

I just ordered the pair!  They will be here in less then 2weeks, I'll post pictures as soon as they arrive!!!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 10:51 am

affraid affraid just unbelievable!!!!!! affraid 
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:43 am

Great rhinoceros! I believe those are the only ones available at this point, aren't they?
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Gorgeous! O.O this is just gorgeous!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
bjarki12

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Your rhino pair looks fantastic, Elephas! Really life-like!
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 1:51 am

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Geospiza fortis wrote:
Great rhinoceros! I believe those are the only ones available at this point, aren't they?

These are the only rhinos I have available currently along with all the elephants.  I believe they are the only Javan rhinos for sale as the Bullyland ones are discontinued?

Last edited by elephas_maximus on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 8:10 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
It is again a fantastic model Andrew  cheers   I especially like the way the two models are working together.

Where will I find enough money ? That's the big question... I will find a big answer  Laughing 

Very Happy 
Same problem here!

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 9:47 pm

Lovely pair of rhinos  Very Happy Applause cheers Cool 
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 4:07 pm

Great models. Do you think you could also create an alternate version of the adult and baby indian/african elephants that have trunks in their mouths whereby their trunks are out? Would be great to see such versions too.

Impressive work. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:11 am

Numaan wrote:
Great models.  Do you think you could also create an alternate version of the adult and baby indian/african elephants that have trunks in their mouths whereby their trunks are out?   Would be great to see such versions too.

Impressive work. Very Happy Very Happy

Yes with 3D models it is possible to make alterations such as you suggested. That is a great advantage over traditional clay models, much easier to customize multiple versions.
Back to top Go down
Melekh

Melekh

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 9:33 pm

When will the asian elephant bull be available again?
And what's with the african bull? Crying or Very sad

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 11:19 pm

I also can't wait them Christoph. I would like to buy both elephant bulls and javan rhino bull but I hadn't enough money to order them, when they were available. Since I can afford to buy them, they aren't available. Sad
Back to top Go down
Melekh

Melekh

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 11:39 pm

Noémi wrote:
I also can't wait them Christoph. I would like to buy both elephant bulls and javan rhino bull but I hadn't enough money to order them, when they were available. Since I can afford to buy them, they aren't available. Sad

That as my problem too Crying or Very sad

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 11:45 pm

I think these elephants are perfect. I love their pose and everything. I love you
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 6:55 am

Melekh wrote:
When will the asian elephant bull be available again?
And what's with the african bull? Crying or Very sad

Noémi wrote:

Hi Christoph and Noémi,

I apologize for the inconvenience.  I wrote a post about this on another topic on the forum stating price changes on Shapeways had nearly doubled and I decided to take down my models as the prices were highly inflated.  
can be read here:
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t10444p30-grevy-s-zebra-and-indian-elephant-models

I have been busy with my work so have not figured out a solution to this yet.  I believe that it may come down to me sculpting smaller species and offering those for sale via Shapeways as big figures like adult elephants and rhinos just end up costing too much for the end product.

I will update you all on the forum as things progress. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Melekh

Melekh

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 12:09 pm

So no more perfect elephants in 1/20....

I understand your reasons, but it's a big disappointment.

I hope in the future there will be a possibility for you to offer them again.
They are just perfect :)

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi Andrew, I'm also really sad to hear that, I was hoping to get one of these 1/20 elephants. Too bad to see that I'm too late. 
But I got a idea, there exist some online shops that print models. Would it may be possible to sell the plans and not the figure? scratch Or would be that to unsafe, because everyone can print as many as he want?

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:11 pm

arafan wrote:
Hi Andrew, I'm also really sad to hear that, I was hoping to get one of these 1/20 elephants. Too bad to see that I'm too late. 
But I got a idea, there exist some online shops that print models. Would it may be possible to sell the plans and not the figure? scratch Or would be that to unsafe, because everyone can print as many as he want?
I'm thinking about the same. scratch
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 1:45 am

Melekh wrote:

Hi Christoph, I too am very disappointed with the situation as the Shapeways shop was running smoothly until the new price changes.  This weekend I looked at a few other 3D printing services but they all ended up costing more than Shapeways.  
The white plastic that I chose from Shapeways was their most economical, best selling material and considered a good value with the old pricing.  The company caught on (even after offering the old price for years) and decided to double and triple the prices but in the long term I think this will hurt their business as there are many, many angry designers who feel completely betrayed (their forums are filled with angry designers who are in the same situation as myself).

I'm still going to try to see if I can work something out, it may come down to offering the elephants as model kits with a separate head and body which the customer would assemble......not sure yet.  

arafan wrote:
Hi Bryan, I would prefer not to have my original model design available for download, I like to keep control of that.  I originally uploaded my design to Shapeways and then models were printed on demand as customers ordered them.
In this way customers could order a plastic model but do not have access to the original 3D design, I retain that.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 6:56 am

elephas_maximus wrote:

arafan wrote:
Hi Bryan, I would prefer not to have my original model design available for download, I like to keep control of that.  I originally uploaded my design to Shapeways and then models were printed on demand as customers ordered them.
In this way customers could order a plastic model but do not have access to the original 3D design, I retain that.

Very wise decision Andrew, even if we are all orphans now Wink Why I haven't bought them at time? Crying or Very sad crazy macaque!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:13 am

elephas_maximus wrote:
Melekh wrote:

Hi Christoph, I too am very disappointed with the situation as the Shapeways shop was running smoothly until the new price changes.  This weekend I looked at a few other 3D printing services but they all ended up costing more than Shapeways.  
The white plastic that I chose from Shapeways was their most economical, best selling material and considered a good value with the old pricing.  The company caught on (even after offering the old price for years) and decided to double and triple the prices but in the long term I think this will hurt their business as there are many, many angry designers who feel completely betrayed (their forums are filled with angry designers who are in the same situation as myself).

I'm still going to try to see if I can work something out, it may come down to offering the elephants as model kits with a separate head and body which the customer would assemble......not sure yet.  

The kit sounds like a good idea. Very Happy

What I imagine is that you would print one elephant in good detailed material and then take a silicone mould from that (or find a company making this kind of moulds). Indeed, the tusks are a bit challenging for moulding so probably would require separate mould. I don't think however dividing it into more parts is necessary. The rubber mould usually let most four legged sculptures to be cast in one piece (except for the tusks which are crossed in adult male elephant). I suppose you are able to find a company that would make the mould and casts for you. Many artists from the horse model hobby use this kind of services. And I suppose the costs of making mould and resin copies would be in this case cheaper than Shapeways 3D prints. (also, the silicone mould give really great, detailed copies) Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:57 am

Ana wrote:

What I imagine is that you would print one elephant in good detailed material and then take a silicone mould from that (or find a company making this kind of moulds). Indeed, the tusks are a bit challenging for moulding so probably would require separate mould. I don't think however dividing it into more parts is necessary. The rubber mould usually let most four legged sculptures to be cast in one piece (except for the tusks which are crossed in adult male elephant). I suppose you are able to find a company that would make the mould and casts for you.  Many artists from the horse model hobby use this kind of services. And I suppose the costs of making mould and resin copies would be in this case cheaper than Shapeways 3D prints. (also, the silicone mould give really great, detailed copies) Smile

Sorry, I should have been more clear, when I mentioned model kit I meant a 3D printed model kit.  If I separate the head from the body there would be a large hole in the model where Shapeways can fill with more tiny objects as it prints thus reducing the costs....its a bit complicated the reasoning and specifications but thats basically the idea.  They charge each model differently based on how much space it takes up in the printer and my large elephants took up a big area but if they could fit other models inside the hollow elephant body while printing the price goes down.

I have never separated a 3D model before though so we will see if that even works.

Yes, I previously had silicone moulds made for an 3D printed elephant model that was cast in plastic resin for a zoo (all copies are spoken for).  It was a lot of work preparing, painting and finishing each model but the end result, I agree, is very nice.  With my current work schedule I simply don't have the time to do that again unfortunately, maybe in the future but not presently.  Thanks for your input.
Back to top Go down
Noémi

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 10:11 am

Ana wrote:
elephas_maximus wrote:
Melekh wrote:

What I imagine is that you would print one elephant in good detailed material and then take a silicone mould from that (or find a company making this kind of moulds). Indeed, the tusks are a bit challenging for moulding so probably would require separate mould. I don't think however dividing it into more parts is necessary. The rubber mould usually let most four legged sculptures to be cast in one piece (except for the tusks which are crossed in adult male elephant). I suppose you are able to find a company that would make the mould and casts for you.  Many artists from the horse model hobby use this kind of services. And I suppose the costs of making mould and resin copies would be in this case cheaper than Shapeways 3D prints. (also, the silicone mould give really great, detailed copies) Smile
Really good idea Anna! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 11:21 am

elephas_maximus wrote:
Ana wrote:

Sorry, I should have been more clear, when I mentioned model kit I meant a 3D printed model kit.  If I separate the head from the body there would be a large hole in the model where Shapeways can fill with more tiny objects as it prints thus reducing the costs....its a bit complicated the reasoning and specifications but thats basically the idea.  They charge each model differently based on how much space it takes up in the printer and my large elephants took up a big area but if they could fit other models inside the hollow elephant body while printing the price goes down.

I have never separated a 3D model before though so we will see if that even works.

Yes, I previously had silicone moulds made for an 3D printed elephant model that was cast in plastic resin for a zoo (all copies are spoken for).  It was a lot of work preparing, painting and finishing each model but the end result, I agree, is very nice.  With my current work schedule I simply don't have the time to do that again unfortunately, maybe in the future but not presently.  Thanks for your input.

Oh, now I understand. I thought you were talking about resin copies kits.

So you actually took mould and made copies already. Yes, it is a lot of work. And prepping plus painting them later is even more work indeed! It's easy to understand that you may have not enough time for that all now. However, perhaps you can consider an option of selling raw copies, straight from the mould. Or/and the option of sending the raw copies to people who are able to prep them and paint them for collectors?

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Resin models companies :: Red elephant-
Jump to: