Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014

Go down 
+25
Florian
Arnaud
SilkySky
Elros Alvar
MARTINLATIN
75senta75
Tupolew Tu-154
MartinH
Roger
Ana
ezra18
donny ong
Tiermann
NightLioness
JonasV
trevok4
orcagirl26
A-J
SUSANNE
widukind
Carola
arafan
Sartje
LeeAnn
Numa
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 4:15 pm

So I visited the Schleich stand at the toy fair last week.  The displays were much smaller and less extravagant than previous years.  Not much in display which was odd.  Every single new model is always on display but for some reason the male White-Tail stag was missing (It is also missing from the Amazon.co.uk range) so perhaps there is a production delay on these.   My overall impression is that 2014 is not a year full of many Schleich releases. The number seems smaller than previous years when comparing all the new displays.

One thing to point out is that this year they had lots of Schleich tree models on display but I think it is such a shame they have all these wonderful trees on display yet they have discontinued the entire tree range! If the company has gotten rid of the trees then why display so many? I heard someone asking about them. It is silly but also sad to know that the trees are all gone!

I did not get to talk to the usual representative this time as she was extremely busy.  Below are pictures for you all to look at.  Enjoy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Numaan on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 4:29 pm

affraid Even the Bayala horses have braids!  Laughing 

Shocked  Shocked Is this a new Peanuts line?  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce They're not on the Schleich website  study  scratch 

I think it is interesting the Bayalas now have a new tag. flower

Thanks for this Numaan!

Last edited by Animal_Figures_4U on Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sartje

Sartje

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 4:30 pm

Nice Razz

Schleich Count: 501
Papo Count: 20
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CreationsbySarieanne/
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 4:34 pm

Thanks for this pictures! cheers

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 4:35 pm

WOW, thank you very much for sharing all these photos  Very Happy 

I'm very pleased to see the September horses there. The Hanoverian Stallion repaint looks very intriguing!

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:02 pm

Thanks for sharing  cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:22 pm

Thankyou VERY much for these gorgeous photoes  cheers 

Except...uhhh, now I fell so much in love with that stable...and the ice-critters...and...and...  Laughing 

I notice that the male deer is not htere either... Shocked Shocked

A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:30 pm

Thank you for the photos cheers
...does anybody know what the questionmark-box means (under the red barn)?  scratch

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:38 pm

Thanks the pictures! Is it just me, or do the velociraptor and therizinosaurus have articulated arms?  Suspect scratch 
Back to top Go down
trevok4

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:47 pm

wow the pictures look good

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:48 pm

A-J wrote:
...does anybody know what the questionmark-box means (under the red barn)?  scratch

It looks like there is a red button under the circles  scratch 

orcagirl26 wrote:
Thanks the pictures! Is it just me, or do the velociraptor and therizinosaurus have articulated arms?  Suspect scratch 

They do  Rolling Eyes Arms and jaw.

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:51 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
A-J wrote:

It looks like there is a red button under the circles  scratch 

Now that you mention it... Maybe it produces animal sounds?  study 

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:55 pm

Those holes and buttons are like a little feature in the new shop style stand that was on display. It is a new type of selling point display stand for shops and has some interative sound/activity features for kids. Schleich are REALLY trying now. lol Wish I took more pics of the stand! Sorry folks.
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:59 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

orcagirl26 wrote:

They do  Rolling Eyes Arms and jaw.

Rolling Eyes I can understand the articulated jaw, but arms?  Mad 
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 6:27 pm

exclamation exclamation Looking these pics hurts! I want to be there! What a paradise Sad Sad Sad Many thanks for pics!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:06 pm

Oooh, that is so cool! Thanks for showing Numaan.
Those elves  drunken drunken drunken 

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:27 pm

Thanks for the pictures, very interesting to see. Bayala has certainly gotten colorful this year.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 1:23 am

Amazing photos! Thanks Numaan!

Back to top Go down
ezra18

ezra18

Country/State : VIC

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 6:43 am

Thankyou so much Numaan for all these great pics!!  Applause Very Happy 
Their stunning and I can't wait to get my hands on all the new ones especially the new stable  Wink
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 8:52 am

Thank you for sharing Numaan! Very Happy Thanks for all your work for us collectors! cheers

I like the new stable very much Very Happy And some of horse/rider sets. The new wild and farm animals I've already seen in shop. I wasn't too impressed but I bought new sheep which is lovely figure. Very Happy

I find these new fantasy figures a bit more silly than usual, but probably it sells. Nice fantasy castle though   Applause 

Dinos are weakest point of Schleich now IMHO. Articulated arms? Playmobil?  confused 

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 11:22 am

Some of the Dino's do have articulated arm unfortunately  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 11:56 am

Thanks Numaan, every year the same thing, a degradation of Schleich line. I don't want to be negative or remove the enthusiasm of younger collectors. Though, every year we see a new feature, something that puts Schleich figures more in the toy side than in replicas side. Hard to use the word replica to that brand. Schleich is doing it slowly, horses full of braids, Bayalas more colorful, dinosaurs with articulated arms, some sculpts really toyish. As long as nobody compares it with what was Schleich 10 years ago, nobody will be shocked.
No doubts Schleich gave up, their dinosaurs never were a reference but now they are ruined as replicas, toys, just toys. Though, horses were a reference and now they're not anymore. Crying or Very sad
Of course I have nothing against toys, I collect them, my CollectA eland, Mojo gaur, Papo lioness, are also toys, but that kind of toys that give me pleasure of collecting and admiring.
Well, I must say I am glad with a point, it is a good idea that Bayala horses have braids, horse hairs can hurt easily hte eye of an elf... my goodness.! No

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 12:50 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks Numaan, every year the same thing, a degradation of Schleich line. I don't want to be negative or remove the enthusiasm of younger collectors. Though, every year we see a new feature, something that puts Schleich figures more in the toy side than in replicas side. Hard to use the word replica to that brand. Schleich is doing it slowly, horses full of braids, Bayalas more colorful, dinosaurs with articulated arms, some sculpts really toyish. As long as nobody compares it with what was Schleich 10 years ago, nobody will be shocked.
No doubts Schleich gave up, their dinosaurs never were a reference but now they are ruined as replicas, toys, just toys. Though, horses were a reference and now they're not anymore. Crying or Very sad
Of course I have nothing against toys, I collect them, my CollectA eland, Mojo gaur, Papo lioness, are also toys, but that kind of toys that give me pleasure of collecting and admiring.
Well, I must say I am glad with a point, it is a good idea that Bayala horses have braids, horse hairs can hurt easily hte eye of an elf... my goodness.! No

Well said Roger, I completely agree.  Cool 

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 1:01 pm

Ok... I really want that huge giraffe and her butt!! That is awesome Very Happy Very Happy 
Thank you so much for sharing this...

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 1:09 pm

MartinH wrote:
Ok... I really want that huge giraffe and her butt!! 

lol! lol! lol! That's not something you hear every day!  Laughing Do you have a giraffe that large yet Martin?

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014   Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2014
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next