Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?

Go down 
+7
Numa
Roger
orcagirl26
widukind
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Yurumi
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yurumi

Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? Empty
PostSubject: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:39 am

They look very similar, right? See You here the Comparison:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So by Papo I am very disappointed with the manatee and walrus, as there are better models and Papo it even can better.  Evil or Very Mad Only the really new octopus looks very good.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 11:24 am

Yes, manatee and walruus are not good news for collectors... Octopus and beluga will enjoy us I guess  Wink 
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 1:51 pm

With Maia & Borges there is a good explanation : They made the ones for Schleich , and were allowed to manufacture several of the marine animals again, only with their own logo Very Happy 
Sorry, you probably know this already  Embarassed 

But Papo !  Suspect 
Perhaps M & B also makes the manatee and walrus for them now  scratch 

At least they are something for collectors of variations, even if it is only variations in the logo Laughing  Laughing -marking

Thankyou for the great comarison-photoes . flower

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 5:36 pm

Walrus and manatee looks very similar

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 6:20 pm

I was hoping the walrus would look somewhat like Papo's mutant one Neutral Papo's octopus seems to be in a "walking" position, but Schleich's and M&B's is in a laying position.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 6:55 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
With Maia & Borges there is a good explanation : They made the ones for Schleich , and were allowed to manufacture several of the marine animals again, only with their own logo Very Happy 
Sorry, you probably know this already  Embarassed 

Also the tropical fishes and any sea life models more  Very Happy 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:43 pm

Will Maia & Borges turn in a kind of AAA? Very Happy
If I am not wrong, Schleich, Bullyland and Safari, the three oldest major brands, used AAA molds in their ranges in early years. :)
As a collector I also don't find it interesting, I enjoy to see new representations, to study them and compare them. However it can make the difference between Maia & Borges keep in business or not. ... and I am not neutral to the interesting water and lake birds they released recently. Very Happy
I really hop more figures or series from the brand, I like their sculpts and adore their manufacturing. cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 11:34 pm

Roger wrote:

I really hop more figures or series from the brand, I like their sculpts and adore their manufacturing. cheers

Me too  cheers 

Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:52 pm

Even if they are the same models than e.g Schleich have made, I like them! Thanks for the pic, Numaan!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 6:58 pm

WOW!!! Yes ! They are THE SAME  Shocked 

schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:26 am

Roger wrote:
If I am not wrong, Schleich, Bullyland and Safari, the three oldest major brands, used AAA molds in their ranges in early years
. :)
As a collector I also don't find it interesting, I enjoy to see new representations, to study them and compare them. However it can make the difference between Maia & Borges keep in business or not. ... and I am not neutral to the interesting water and lake birds they released recently. Very Happy

I don't understand your point, Roger. AAA cross-licensed some of its figurines (mostly sealife) for attribution and distribution by those other makers, but so did Maia y Borges itself and Safari, Ltd. with Schleich, back in the early to mid 1990's. AAA is a well-known maker with diverse animal lines. Maia y Borges has made dogs and now waterfowl independently of the major makers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:29 am

jonesee wrote:
Even if they are the same models than e.g Schleich have made, I like them! Thanks for the pic, Numaan!

Maia y Borges now not only offer the same sealife figurines they manufactured for Schleich in the past, but also additional figurines that were never made before, to my knowledge (bull shark, etc.).
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 9:31 am

I also think you can not compare like that.
When Maia & Borges as smaller brand I understand maybe, but by Papo as a major brand I am a little disappointed, they can do it self better. I think it had to go at Papo quickly, perhaps to increase the seawater series.

schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:11 am

I really don't see the problem here. When Maia y Borges released their own versions of the old Schleich manatee, etc., I thought it was a very good thing for them to do because it gave newer collectors a chance to obtain fresh new versions of these species, instead of having to pay through the nose to get a badly scuffed retired Schleich manatee, etc. For what it's worth, I think the new Papo octopus is superior to the old Schleich and AAA versions, but that's just my opinion... Smile 
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 11:32 am

schleich61 wrote:
Roger wrote:
If I am not wrong, Schleich, Bullyland and Safari, the three oldest major brands, used AAA molds in their ranges in early years

I don't understand your point, Roger.  AAA cross-licensed some of its figurines (mostly sealife) for attribution and distribution by those other makers, but so did Maia y Borges itself and Safari, Ltd. with Schleich, back in the early to mid 1990's.  AAA is a well-known maker with diverse animal lines.  Maia y Borges has made dogs and now waterfowl independently of the major makers.  

Yes, you're right, that's why I am questioning if M&B will turn in a kind of AAA and clearly not saying that they are a kind of AAA. Can you see the border?

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 11:56 am

Roger wrote:
schleich61 wrote:
Roger wrote:

I don't understand your point, Roger.  AAA cross-licensed some of its figurines (mostly sealife) for attribution and distribution by those other makers, but so did Maia y Borges itself and Safari, Ltd. with Schleich, back in the early to mid 1990's.  AAA is a well-known maker with diverse animal lines.  Maia y Borges has made dogs and now waterfowl independently of the major makers.  

Yes, you're right, that's why I am questioning if M&B will turn in a kind of AAA and clearly not saying that they are a kind of AAA. Can you see the border?

Do you mean that M + B may increase and diversify offered animal lines like AAA?  scratch Smile  That would be great, as I think Maia y Borges figurines are of very high quality...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 12:01 pm

schleich61 wrote:
Roger wrote:
schleich61 wrote:
Roger wrote:

Do you mean that M + B may increase and diversify offered animal lines like AAA?   scratch Smile  That would be great, as I think Maia y Borges figurines are of very high quality...

I don't know, but if that experience with Papo is fruitful, probably the brand will extend their lines to increase their business. I have no idea, I am only speculating. study
I would love to see more lines like water and lake birds, with unusual species and their traditionally good quality. Very Happy

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 9:11 pm

When I bought the Papo manatee I had no clue that it was an old mould used by Schleich and Maia & Borges, but I certainly did wonder about the walrus.

At one point I thought Schleich & Papo were working in collaboration as they both released toco toucans at the same time, used the same moulds on certain models etc.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 9:51 pm

Advicot wrote:
When I bought the Papo manatee I had no clue that it was an old mould used by Schleich and Maia & Borges, but I certainly did wonder about the walrus.

At one point I thought Schleich & Papo were working in collaboration as they both released toco toucans at the same time, used the same moulds on certain models etc.

Papo and Schleich do not cooperate directly but there is a huge overlap of releases. Both tend to choose common species and also they use to follow the media tendencies.
Maia & Borges is still cooperating with both companies and also with Mojö Fun.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 10:25 pm

Roger wrote:
Advicot wrote:

Papo and Schleich do not cooperate directly but there is a huge overlap of releases. Both tend to choose common species and also they use to follow the media tendencies.

Interesting this thread was revisited. I ordered a 'Mojo Fun' common dolphin, but when I got it, it was only marked Maia & Borges. And the color is very different from the M&B figure on TAI (mine is mostly gray with very subtle markings)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 10:50 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:
Advicot wrote:

Interesting this thread was revisited. I ordered a 'Mojo Fun' common dolphin, but when I got it, it was only marked Maia & Borges. And the color is very different from the M&B figure on TAI (mine is mostly gray with very subtle markings)

While Papo and Schleich keep their brand name marked on M&B figures keeping only the reference that it is made in Portugal, Mojö still preserves the M&B marking.
Mojö's Fun choice for the common dolphin colors is very weird, I suspect they painted it as a common bottlenose dolphin. It doesn't work defintely for a common dolphin. What you need for your collection is the "original" Maia & Borges version that I fear I cannot find it locally anymore.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 2:03 am

Roger wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:
Advicot wrote:

While Papo and Schleich keep their brand name marked on M&B figures keeping only the reference that it is made in Portugal, Mojö still preserves the M&B marking.
Mojö's Fun choice for the common dolphin colors is very weird, I suspect they painted it as a common bottlenose dolphin. It doesn't work defintely for a common dolphin. What you need for your collection is the "original" Maia & Borges version that I fear I cannot find it locally anymore.

My M&B 'common dolphin' has the pattern of the classic common dolphin, but it is very subtle. It is not solid truly gray like a bottlenose. I have seen photographs of common dolphins that look like this, so I am OK with it (but the original probably would be preferred).

Thank you for the explanation, Roger!!!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 8:35 am

Thankyou, Roger cheers

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 7:34 pm

The Maia & Borges common dolphin is still available on modellpferdeversand as I got mine quite recently. Its paintwork is very good, and the figure is 7.40 euros.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   papo - Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next