Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca

Go down 
+10
Bonobo
widukind
Ana
PeGe
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
donny ong
ken yeo
Roger
Chewbacca
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Chewbacca

Country/State : Israel

Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca Empty
PostSubject: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:49 pm

Well, I quite liked the Mojo clouded leopard in all the aspects except the lousy paint job ... so I desided to improve it myself. I think much better than the original...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 11:21 pm

Welcome on forum! Very Happy
It is great to have a member from Israel in our forum. cheers
Yes, we all agree, Mojo clouded leopard has an excelent sculpting, pose and texture, only the painting doesn't give it justice. Better the artist than the factory. Very Happy
You really gave to the figure what it needed. A realistic painting! Congratulations for your work, thanks for showing and I hope we have the chance of seeing other works from you! :)

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:20 am

Welcome to the forum!

Your re-paint work make it better. Especially on the face!

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 4:11 am

Welcome on this forum friend! Great painting!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 6:05 am

Welcome here Chewbacca; May the force of collecting be with you  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Chewbacca

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 7:28 am

Wow.... what a hospitality. Thanks you all guys, for the warm greetings  Very Happy 
Roger wrote:
Congratulations for your work, thanks for showing and I hope we have the chance of seeing other works from you! :)
Well, some years ago I did some sculpts myself, but it was in the times when there was an acute lack of fresh animal figures. Now, when Mojo is here and Collecta is doing fine job (somehow I think Schleich lost here some ground, I don't now maybe It"s a management thing) I've let my natural laziness to take over  Smile and repainting some animals only when it desperately needed, (like in this leopard case).
Kikimalou wrote:
Welcome here Chewbacca; May the force of collecting be with you  cheers 
Tnx  Very Happy ... I think it's with me for some time already, from the age of 5 I think... there was some 20 years pause but who cares Very Happy, now I'm a proud owner of some 200 odd collection of Mojo, Collecta, Papo, Bullyland and Schleich figures.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 8:46 am

Chewbacca wrote:

... I think it's with me for some time already, from the age of 5 I think... there was some 20 years pause but who cares Very Happy, now I'm a proud owner of some 200 odd collection of Mojo, Collecta, Papo, Bullyland and Schleich figures.

Sounds like a real "infection"  Laughing Laughing 

Wellcome here among all of us infected people  cheers 

PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:21 am

Welcome on board. For repainting: take some time, the results become better.... Wink 

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:51 am

PeGe wrote:
Welcome on board. For repainting: take some time, the results become better.... Wink 
Thanks... wow that's a hell of an upgrade you did to this figure. Chapeau! Applause 
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:52 am

Welcome on forum Chewbacca! cheers
Is that your first repaint? I find pattern on Clauded leopards' fur as one of the most complicated to paint, among the animals figures, so you took real challenge Smile
We hope to see also more photos of your collection! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Chewbacca

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 11:17 am

Ana wrote:
Welcome on forum Chewbacca! cheers
Is that your first repaint?
Not the first, but the biggest. Before this one i did only minor color improvements in some figures.
Quote :
I find pattern on Clauded leopards' fur as one of the most complicated to paint, among the animals figures, so you took real challenge  Smile
This is so indeed Very Happy 
Quote :
We hope to see also more photos of your collection! Very Happy
Will do Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 11:31 am

Chewbacca wrote:
PeGe wrote:
Thanks... wow that's a hell of an upgrade you did to this figure. Chapeau! Applause 

Welcome here  sunny sunny sunny sunny

And a very nice repaint  cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by widukind on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 11:53 am

Thanks. I wasn't "fishing for appreciation", i just don't see a result but a nice start in what you did with the figurine. And i am always suprised to see the well-parented politeness of our STS queens here  Cool

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:59 pm

Much better than the original ApplauseApplause cheers

Mojö have good models but often a bad painting Neutral
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:21 pm

Welcome on forum Chewbacca!  Laughing The repaint is wonderful!!!  Applause I would like to see more!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 3:58 pm

Welcome here!

Great repaint! Congrats!

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 5:02 pm

Fisva wrote:
Welcome on forum Chewbacca!  Laughing The repaint is wonderful!!!  Applause I would like to see more!
Tnx  Smile . I've just recently took my newly repainted friend for a walk. Here are some pics from it. Sorry for the unsatisfactory quality of pics, took em with a cell phone. I think I'll make some better pics with a proper camera maybe this weekend  Very Happy 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Great job! Also, welcome here! Smile

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:07 pm

Walking with a clouded leopard is something quite unusual but I already did it with mine! Laughing I love unusual things. Very Happy
It would be great to see these better pictures if you have the chance. :)

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:40 pm

Roger wrote:
Walking with a clouded leopard is something quite unusual but I already did it with mine! :lol:I love unusual things. Very Happy
That's a right symptom...  Laughing 
Quote :
It would be great to see these better pictures if you have the chance. :)

I'll do my my best not to disappoint the honorable audience... I just have to find that camera... where the hell did I put it...
Back to top Go down
NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 3:58 am

wow looks much better now...  Very Happy 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca   Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo clouded leopard repainted by Chewbacca
Page 1 of 1