Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard

Go down 
+10
Ana
Vivien
widukind
ken yeo
SeanieP
Roger
Philter4
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
Steve170
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard Empty
PostSubject: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:56 pm

I bought the wild republic big cats tube because there was a clouded leopard in there...I knew it wouldn't be great but I thought it would be acceptable until someone made a proper one. But then I saw it Shocked No was it a heavily pregnant raccoon? . I had a lazy sunday lined up today so I thought I would repaint my K&M leopard into a clouded leopard.

My first attempt painting an animal....made a HUGE mistake with the base colour unfortunately (I dont know how) but I mustn't grumble.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First I painted the white bits

Then the main body colour affraid No

Marked out the camouflage

Finaly I added shade, a few more spots and facial features
With my other leopards

Does anyone know anyway I can fix its yellow body without starting again or painting the gaps Laughing ??

I'm really pleased overall...it does look good in person.

Mojo please make a clouded leopard!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:11 pm

It is fabulous ! WOW!!!! Shocked

I always thought it would be impossible to make a clouded leopard, the pattern is so difficult . And I know how little this model is.
But you just took the essence of it and voi la ! The it was, I am really, really, really impressed bounce cheers

Thankyou also for showing how you did it, it looks so easy...the true sign of craftmanship Very Happy Very Happy sunny
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Thanks a lot Susanne! You've put a really big smile on my face Very Happy I'm glad you like it!

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:41 pm

It's fantastic Steve! You did an awesome job on her cheers cheers and your first attempt too!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Thanks Harriet! Means a lot coming from your gifted self

Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:47 am

Really well done, thanks for the detailed photo journal of the repaint.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:01 am

Interesting work and topic. It is very nice considering the hard choice. cat
With the help of our talented friends you'll find the best way to get better and better and I hope see more from your works. :)
I also want a lot a clouded leopard in Mojo range, people had the chance to show how much we want it. :)
This year a brilliant and undangered cat was released, the Iberian lynx, why not another wonderful cat and also very endangered? study
I know the pattern is very hard to mass produce but the lynx was not also a easy choice. :) Let's get our fingers crossed! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:22 am

Steve170 wrote:
I bought the wild republic big cats tube because there was a clouded leopard in there...I knew it wouldn't be great but I thought it would be acceptable until someone made a proper one. But then I saw it Shocked No was it a heavily pregnant raccoon? . I had a lazy sunday lined up today so I thought I would repaint my K&M leopard into a clouded leopard.

My first attempt painting an animal....made a HUGE mistake with the base colour unfortunately (I dont know how) but I mustn't grumble.
Does anyone know anyway I can fix its yellow body without starting again or painting the gaps Laughing ??

I'm really pleased overall...it does look good in person.

Mojo please make a clouded leopard!

very nicely done!
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:09 am

This is a good attempt! well done!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:03 am

A nice work!!! cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Absolutely beautiful,Steve! cheers Cool cheers It's an amazing first attempt,I would also like to see more of your work. Wink
By the way Roger,my fingers are crossed as well,for Mojo Clouded Leopard in 2013/14! Very Happy bounce bounce bounce
They've already showed us that they are brilliant at big Cats. cat
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 7:13 pm

Beautiful repaint! Congratulations Steve!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:33 am

Thank you everybody for your compliments! cheers This was just an impatient way to get a get a clouded leopard but I loved the process. I think so many of us want a true release of this beautiful animal!

Here's a link that made me love this cat more than it's camouflage

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

youtube - clouded leopard playtime

Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:34 am

Philter4 wrote:
Really well done, thanks for the detailed photo journal of the repaint.

Thanks phil...no problem

Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:53 am

Roger wrote:
Interesting work and topic. It is very nice considering the hard choice. cat
With the help of our talented friends you'll find the best way to get better and better and I hope see more from your works. :)
I also want a lot a clouded leopard in Mojo range, people had the chance to show how much we want it. :)
This year a brilliant and undangered cat was released, the Iberian lynx, why not another wonderful cat and also very endangered? study
I know the pattern is very hard to mass produce but the lynx was not also a easy choice. :) Let's get our fingers crossed! bounce bounce

My fingers are firmly crossed too Roger! Why not release the 'vulnerable' clouded leopard! It had lots of votes...the highest vote for a cat by a long way!!?

I'm looking forward to having the Iberian lynx on my shelf, and i'm looking forward to donating for the conservation. cat cat

This forum is great...I have already spoken to two top class sculpturess and i'm very greatful from their advice. I'll defo buy some super sculpey but I might not show my work! Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:54 am

Steve170 wrote:
Thank you everybody for your compliments! cheers This was just an impatient way to get a get a clouded leopard but I loved the process. I think so many of us want a true release of this beautiful animal!

Thanks for the video, I enjoyed a lot! Laughing cat
The cat is almost as crazy as a macaque! What a Face cat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:56 am

Thanks SeanieP, Ken, Widukind, Vivien and Ana

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:58 am

I lost your last topic. I'm glad you enjoy the forum. People here is very friendly and I hope you continue showing your works! :)
As soon as I have more news about the lynx I'll tell it in the forum and I'm also very happy knowing you are interested in contribute to its conservation. cheers
I'll do my best with the clouded leopard! cat
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:59 am

Roger wrote:
Steve170 wrote:

Haha I'm glad you liked it! cat ...do you have any videos of macaques? (I only collect birds, cats and deers/antleope at the moment) maybe soon to be monkeys! monkey monkey

Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:04 am

Roger wrote:
I lost your last topic. I'm glad you enjoy the forum. People here is very friendly and I hope you continue showing your works! :)
As soon as I have more news about the lynx I'll tell it in the forum and I'm also very happy knowing you are interested in contribute to its conservation. cheers
I'll do my best with the clouded leopard! cat

Thanks a lot for your support Roger cheers The more animals in the wild the better!!

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:17 am

Steve170 wrote:
Roger wrote:
Steve170 wrote:

Haha I'm glad you liked it! cat ...do you have any videos of macaques? (I only collect birds, cats and deers/antleope at the moment) maybe soon to be monkeys! monkey monkey

Good choices for your collection, Steve! Very Happy
I'm sorry, I don't have videos of macaques and the only crazy macaques I know are these two! affraid monkey monkey Wink
Do you know them? scratch Laughing
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:20 am

Roger wrote:
Steve170 wrote:
Roger wrote:
Steve170 wrote:

Good choices for your collection, Steve! Very Happy
I'm sorry, I don't have videos of macaques and the only crazy macaques I know are these two! affraid monkey monkey Wink
Do you know them? scratch Laughing

Hahaha Laughing Hmmm one looks just like Kiki and I'm sure the other one is Willy!

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:34 am

Perfect Steve, perfect! monkey monkey Laughing
Time to collect monkeys! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:26 am

Roger wrote:
Me too! They're so lively. It must hurt when they jump on you, doesn't look like they keep their claws in! Shocked

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:58 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Roger wrote:
Me too! They're so lively. It must hurt when they jump on you, doesn't look like they keep their claws in! Shocked

It must hurt...cant grip properly without claws so I think your right. Would happily put up with the pain to be in the keepers shoes though!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard   Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard Empty

Back to top Go down

Leopard repainted into a clouded leopard
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next