Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clouded leopard, second try

Go down 
+21
Mgarat
Roger
PeGe
aandmkw
Taos
ken yeo
remrock02
remowshake
Lasersword1973
Yurumi
HKHollinstone
baltimore zoo
WILLYBACOMAN
Kikimalou
Philter4
lucky luke
skysthelimit
SyLoBe
Ana
Sumo
Arrakai
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

Clouded leopard, second try Empty
PostSubject: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:35 pm

Ok, so I did a second one...

I´m happier with this one. The sculpt I think is better than the last one, and I´m pretty happy with the head :)

I cinda like the colour, But I couldnt realy get the "live" feeling to it that I wanted.
It has some flaws, like the patterns look a little weird, and I think I made to many black spots on the legs, but I can always fix that later.
I did however make a big misstake that I wont be able to fix. I forgot to put wire in the tail, connecting it to the body, wich means that the tail is very fragile... Well, you learn from your misstakes, right Wink

Of course, I didnt get the eyes the way I wanted, close up they look a little funny, but for now I´m gonna leave it as it is.

And to be honest, I accually like him Embarassed Very Happy

Here´s some pics

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With his older brother

With a schleich cousin

With a little suroundings

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:04 pm

Ohhh, Anna, it is beautyful I love you Very Happy

The first one was beautyful also, but this one is gorgeous.
I think the one who makes the figuere can always find some small thing that they would like otherwise (Ana maybe the exception Wink ), - just see the professional animals designs from Schleich, Safari, Papo etc, - always something.

But in this case I think you are the only one wha can see it Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:19 pm

*thud* That's just... wow and wow again! cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:03 pm

Excellent work Anna!! Very Happy Congratulations, it's wonderful model of clouded leopard cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:22 pm

What a beauty!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Very nice animal, great work cheers
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Great work Anna!
Really nice to figure regardeet beautiful posture.
This bed is also remarkable, really pleasant to the eyes. Thank you for sharing. cat cat cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:04 pm

Very beautiful animal, excellent paint job and a really nice sculpture!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:53 pm

Great job Anna, the painting, the pose and sculpting are very fine. Congratulation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 4:19 am

Wow, i just love it Anna! cheers
Fantastic job, i wish i could make them like this, then i wouldn't buy to much anymore i guess... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:18 am

Second figure, WAY better!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:19 am

Anna is absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Congratulations on creating another superb clouded leopard, it's really beautiful and I love the painting on it too, stunning cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Yurumi

Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:17 am

A really successful model! It´s fantastic cheers cheers cheers .The first model is also very nice, just maybe the beard should be omitted.
A very impressive work, Anna. May I ask again how much time do you need for a model? For me it always takes an eternity since I've usually not much time.
BG
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:41 am

I agree, the second one is even better. cheers

By the way, I stand myself corrected because I thought the first one was a Snow Leopard that's why I mentioned that it was better than the Safari and Bullyland's counterparts. Nonetheless, whether it is a clouded or a snow leopard, definitely consider a masterpiece. cheers
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanx guys Very Happy

@Susanne; You are so right, when you do a sculpt you always find some detailes that your not happy with, but overall I like it a lot, so I decided to just be happy with it as it is Laughing

@Sumo; Glad you like it Very Happy

@Ana; It means a lot that you like it, ´cus you are realy the queen of customs. Cant wait to see yours, I know it will be astonishing cheers

@SyLoBe, Skysthelimit, Lucky luke, Philter4, Christophe; Thank you, I´m soo glad you guys like him Very Happy

@Willy; Thanx Very Happy Haha, I think you would still buy new, `cus you can never get enough animals Wink

@baltimore zoo; Thanx. I agree with you Laughing

@Harriet; Thank you soo much cheers

@Yurumi; Yes I should probably have skipped the beard on the first one. The reason I put it there was that the animals I looked at when I made it looked like it had a beard, but it didnt turn out so good Rolling Eyes

It takes about 5-10 hours for me to make a aculpt. This one took me about 15 hours of work (about three days) But when I start on an animal, I can hardly stop until it´s finished, so I use al my spare time on it, and usually stay up all night, just to finish it Laughing

@Lasersword; Thanx Very Happy Aha, ye I can understand why you could think it was a snow, the colour is quite similar.

Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:30 pm

WOOOW!!

I don't have worrds to classifique it Shocked

Congratulations Anna!!! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 6:06 pm

ANNA IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Clouded leopard, second try EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:57 pm

I think (a more detailed, no rush paint job)Clouded leopard Version III will be the best : )
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:20 pm

Custom figures are always the best! If I was able to make a figure I surely will think that it was the worst but at the same time the best!confused
Congratulations for your talent and you are very happy, you can choose always the animal you want! cheers
I need an Ibes and where to find it? It would be a miracle if the answer was... in my hands!!!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:39 am

Oh I missed this thread! Clouded leopard look so good and good details.

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:26 pm

Thanx guys I love you

Baltimore; I will probably try to make another clouded sometime, but I think I´m gonna do a few other animals first, try to get a little better at it Wink
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Most excellent model there,great detail and love the tail!!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:30 pm

Totally understand, I just think the next version will be the final product : )
Cause you're so close to perfection!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:53 pm

I love your sculptures Anna, keep them coming - I so enjoy looking at them cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Absolutely beautiful. You did an awesome job on this one. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clouded leopard, second try   Clouded leopard, second try Empty

Back to top Go down

Clouded leopard, second try
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next