Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses

Go down 
+13
Numa
skysthelimit
arafan
scot(t)
donny ong
Roger
Carola
SUSANNE
NightLioness
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
SyLoBe
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 4:36 pm

I only have one CollectA horse, other animals are Wild, but so far no problems at all with material...

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 5:12 pm

Very upsetting to hear about the black dots and bad smell pale 
I have none of those issues with any of my CollectAs - all horses and my wildlife are all fine (I have also the manatee, and no problems there either). Only tiny issue is a slight bend leg on my Akhal-Teke mare.

scot(t) wrote:
And strangely, the ear on my CollectA Maned Wolf broke off! Totally bizarre. I bought a new one, but I'm still confused how that happened. I'm worried that plastic is poor quality.

That indeed sounds very odd  scratch 

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 1:10 am

Bryan, all of the figurines you mention, none of them of mine smell, from the beginning. Curious!
I have almost 100 figurines of CollectA, none of them shows serious problem, only some horses have bending legs.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 1:21 am

I have several CollectA figures and I see them on shops often here. It is a really serious thing for us collectors and for the brand.
Some figures are slightly bent but the smell is neutral or not more intense than in other figures from other brands. It is true that I see often on shop shelves a lot of horses completely bent, as well as some antelopes.
I had a CollectA Shire mare and it was perfect and at this moment I have here an old Mustang with no smell and of an apparently excelent plastic.

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 7:20 am

Ana wrote:
Ohhh, this had to be horrible Sad I'm so sorry Silvia, it surely is disappointing.

I have 3 CollectA horses, two of which are with me in Holland, they both stand OK. I wouldn't expect the thick legs of Shire would bend but I hope it won't happen to my Lusitano.   Shocked I had also Dartmoor and Fjord on list to buy but I'm not sure if I do it.  scratch  

Writing again to CollectA  would be good idea, they need to improve this plastic quality!!!  

I have the Dartmoor and Fjord. They are made of hard material and don't bend. Well, at least mine.

Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 7:57 am

donny ong wrote:
Bryan, all of the figurines you mention, none of them of mine smell, from the beginning. Curious!
I have almost 100 figurines of CollectA, none of them shows serious problem, only some horses have bending legs

I would like to show you this, but my laptop is broken. And for show you that he smell it's very difficoult. I hope that you don't thinkcthat I'm lying

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 8:12 am

arafan wrote:
donny ong wrote:
I have almost 100 figurines of CollectA, none of them shows serious problem, only some horses have bending legs

I would like to show you this, but my laptop is broken. And for show you that he smell it's very difficoult. I hope that you don't thinkcthat I'm lying

Of course not Bryan! Why would you do that? I understand about your broken laptop and the impossibility to show the smell via this forum. I just don't understand why your figurines have problems, but mine don't. That's all.

Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 2:08 pm

Hi all

I have read all the comments am quite alarmed at all the stories.  I have a vast number of CollectA models and not one of these smell nor are any deformed in any way and so I am sorry to hear that SyloBe and some others have had problems.

The plastics used by CollectA all confirm to EU standards and have been thoroughly tested.  There could perhaps be an issue with the way in which the items are stored by suppliers and stores that may result in damage and bends to the models.  However I have personally never had any problems with the models that I own.  I have multiples of CollectA animals and not one smells or has been bent.

Slybo - please take photos and post them as soon as possible so that we can see.  It is hard to judge anything without seeing images.  I have purchased new horse models from MPV and they seem absolutely fine and I am extremely fussy when it comes to the quality and finish of my models believe me.

I cant help but feel that the issue is getting out of hand with some comments sounding too negative or sensationalised  towards CollectA particularly when they are doing their best to keep a fine balance between what collectors want and the general commercial market.  There are many different types of plastics used and various brands can sometimes have a batch of animals made in a certain plastic which is not to our liking.  The new Schleich bird models for instance are all made in china and made from a lighter plastic which an odd rubbery type feel to them.  Someone sent me the Mojo Emu and tamandua recently and the Emu model is made from a very soft rubbery type of material, has a strong smell to it and has a soft, almost sticky type feeling to it.  I have had it under two months and the stickiness and smell is still there.  I have several retired Schleich Indian Rhinos one of which has a softer sticky rubbery type feel to it.  The point is sometimes these things can happen and I will of course pass concerns on to CollectA but in the mean time please post photos of the issues as this is the first I have heard of it.  If this is an issue due to a particular batch then hey anything can happen and all brands can experience an issue like this at some point but please don't tarnish the entire brand due to some minor issues on a few models.  I do not work for CollectA, they do not pay me and so I have nothing to lose and hence want to defend the brand because they are after all doing an amazing job.  I hope you will agree. It is absolutely fine to be critical about a brand, any brand as it shows our passion but there is a difference in critiscising and then blowing things out of proportion, that is all. Some comments sound very dramatic and all I ask is for some folk to calm down and share any issues they have clearly and thoroughly then lets work together to try and resolve things. It can be good to point out issues sometimes I am not against that. This issue will certainly be looked at closely by CollectA.  Very Happy 

Last edited by Numaan on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 3:47 pm

No Donny that wasn't the problem but I'm sure some others do.

Numaan I absolutely can understand you, I also like CollectA they have really nice figures and I also like the material, (I prefer this more that this from Schleich. But the only really problem is that smell... I had put them 4 days outside that this can go away, but they still have the same. For me it's very strange that only I have this problem, and it would be awesome if CollectA could help me and answer my questions about this problem.

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi Bryan

Where did you buy the models from? Was it in a store? Perhaps you could return them and ask the seller to send you replacement? I will see what CollectA says about the smell. I suspect it is a deodorisation issue but will see if CollectA knows anything about this.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 4:22 pm

Thank you Numaan - very well said.  Applause 

arafan

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 6:06 pm

Numaan wrote:
Hi Bryan

Where did you buy the models from?  Was it in a store? Perhaps you could return them and ask the seller to send you replacement? I will see what CollectA says about the smell.  I suspect it is a deodorisation issue but will see if CollectA knows anything about this.  Very Happy 
Hi Numaan

Thanks I have bought them a long time ago, I don't think that they will replace me them. I will buy anothertime in this shop and will see if they also smell. Then I will post it here. Smile

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 2:06 am

Thanks Numaan.
None of my CollectA figurines has bad smelling, and they don't smell at all.

Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 7:42 am

Since 2007 I have never had a problem with any COLLECTA animals at all!!!
This subject seems to attack and discredit COLLECTA this seems like it could be some one from Schelich-s, PAPO -France, Bullyland, Safari TLD, or MojoFun!
This is not fare!
I had the Safaris new 2012 white tail buck and there legs are all twisted like if it had two left legs!
I got the new SCHLEICH Bison with broken horns, this year 2014!!
Mojo's thoroughbred horse ears broke in the slited touch!!!
I hace to glue it right away with crazy glue!!!
Schelich beach tree all there branches have fallen and I have aging glue them with crazy glue aging and I don b" or complaint that much!
But with COLLECTA I most respect until now never had any problems never until today : March 5,2014.
It's sad that you" who ever you are?
Is doing this to destroy any ones or any company's reputation.
I am going you, and advice ?
Don't get COLLECTA any more.
Just like that. But don't say any more blasfemy !!!
That's all you have to do!
If only I say what has had happen with other companies I will never stop but if I am not happy I just don't buy from them at all!
Have a great day Sylobe hasta nunca mijita Linda :)
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:56 am

First of all, I don't think anyone is attempting to discredit or attack CollectA. There's certainly no agent from another brand at work. If this were a premeditated attempt to hurt CollectA sales, it would be pretty lame -- I seriously doubt that any of the comments here are going to make much of a dent in CollectA sales among STS collectors, let alone among collectors in general, and more importantly, let along among folks buying their products (which I suspect is a population much larger than the number of collectors). In short, a single thread in which no more than five people share some slightly negative stories concerning some CollectA models just doesn't amount to tarnishing the good name of this company.

Brand loyalty is all well and good, but we can take it a bit far. In general, I appreciate and enjoy the various instances of brand loyalty I see from members of this forum. For some, Schleich can do no wrong, for others, every Papo dinosaur ever made is the height of perfection. And the amount of praise many of us have heaped on both Mojo Fun and CollectA should hold both companies in good stead for a couple decades. I'm exaggerating a bit, but my point still holds I think: If anything, we often err on the side of refusing to say anything critical of our favorite companies. (Well, Schleich often gets roundly pounded, but honestly, there seems to be a bit of social stigma attached to aiming the same sort of criticism at Mojo and CollectA, and I've often felt pressure to keep my complaints to myself.)

CollectA has an excellent reputation and it is well deserved. The lowly little thread is neither aimed at tarnishing the brand, nor would it possibly succeed even if any of us had that intention (which I seriously doubt is the case). The fact that some of my CollectA models' legs are bending is a bummer and the fact that some spots and powder has appeared on other people's models is alarming and now something I'll be watching for. But I'll still be spending more money on CollectA models in 2014 than on models by any other company.

Let's relax a little. Please. Let folks air their grievances occasionally. They aren't aimed at any individual personally. If you're one of the collectors particularly attached to the CollectA brand, try not to let your loyalty trick you into interpreting a criticism of the brand as an attack on you. It isn't. As collectors, we're all entitled to approaching models with a cautious and critical eye.
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:43 am

To much bla bla bla to the point Scotty?
Are you in favor or against ?
Who how when where ?
The white powder it must be something else?"
Hahahahah " white powder """,,,
Any way!!!!
Smile have a great day .:) smile!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 10:40 am

Shocked 

I'm for.

No, wait. Against. Definitely against.

(against what, I have no idea. But gosh darn it, I'm definitely going to choose a side.  Wink )
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi all, I have a lot of CollectA modells, but I have never had a problem with them. I used to order them from modellpferdeversand.de and all of them came in perfect condition, without broken parts and smell. I can recommend this e-shop  Wink 
Have a nice day  :) 

_________
Andrea Very Happy 

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:50 pm

I really hate when the worshipping of a brand overlaps the respect for a member. We see it often in technology foruns when people discuss between Apple/Androyd or things like that.
Thanks for your sensate comments, Numaan and Scott. We don't need personal atacks, we only have to clarify everything. This is a serious subject and it would be great to have these complaints supported with pictures whenever possible.
I feel very confortable about CollectA, much before it being a fashion on forum, I was already collecting happily CollectA and curiously, one of the figures I helped several members to get was the swan and I warrant none of them had a bad smell.
Though, I remember seeing a paraceratherium that hasn't dried properly and had some smell, but it was a little exception. I believe it is not a question of which side we are. I don't like how CollectA lusitanos are manufactured but I really enjoy how CollectA gnu is manufactured. Which side am I?
Jesus, if you read it, try to take the discussion without thinking in sides, just share your experience with the brand and if it is good, that is the best defense.
Sometimes, excessiveness is not helpful, you're saying that you have a Mojo thoroughbred with broken ear but I warrant you it never happened once the brand never released it. Though, I don't think you want to discredit the brand. :)

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 5:27 pm

Everybody,

Please refrain from snorting the white powder off of your figures.
It can have nasty side effects, like heated discussions about plastic animal replicas.

albino 
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 6:22 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
Everybody,

Please refrain from snorting the white powder off of your figures.
It can have nasty side effects, like heated discussions about plastic animal replicas.

albino 

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 5:34 am

I own a lot of CollectA Dinosaurs and I haven't found any White Powder on them(yet), however, the legs on some of my bipeds tend to get warped, and I some times have trouble un-warping them.

Plus I Did get a strange smell when I opened my last order of them. You probably think im crazy, but I like the smell, because its a sign of something new.

However, one time, I ordered a Deluxe Pteranodon, and it was very sticky and I attempted to wash it off, but it did not work.

Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 7:47 am

Now let's stop the WHITE POWDERS"!
That's sounds like nothing else hahahahah
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 8:25 am

MARTINLATIN wrote:

Ahhh  Shocked 
So THAT is why plastic animals are so addictive  affraid 

Laughing Laughing

donny ong

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 8:35 am

SUSANNE wrote:
MARTINLATIN wrote:

Ahhh  Shocked 
So THAT is why plastic animals are so addictive  affraid 

Laughing Laughing

Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   horses - White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next