Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reisler's 'inspirations'

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

Reisler's 'inspirations'  Empty
PostSubject: Reisler's 'inspirations'    Reisler's 'inspirations'  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:16 pm

I recently started collecting Reisler figures, by way of swaps with Susanne and Lennart.
It is obvious to me that Reisler copied other manufacturers for some of their figures.
This photo shows older lead farm animals by UK manufacturer John Hill Co. and their hard plastic equivalents by Reisler.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I will do some photos of the Reisler US WW2 soldiers, and the Timpo originals in lead and plastic.
This set of US GIs, originally designed by Roy Selwyn-Smith, was copied by lots of other companies as well.
I'm guessing several display cabinet shelves could be filled just with various versions of this set.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Reisler's 'inspirations'    Reisler's 'inspirations'  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:21 pm

Also wonderful old figurines Dave  cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Reisler's 'inspirations'    Reisler's 'inspirations'  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 2:12 pm

WOW !!! I must try to get some of those lead ones  cheers

How old are they  bounce Very Happy 

DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Reisler's 'inspirations'    Reisler's 'inspirations'  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 2:56 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW !!! I must try to get some of those lead ones  cheers

How old are they  bounce Very Happy 

I'll put any duplicate Hill I have by, and maybe even buy some in if I can get them at the right price at local antique and toy fairs, ready for our next swap. Postage costs are killing eBay for bargains, even if the actual sale price is low.  

Like Britains farm range, they were in production for a long time, from the 1920s to the 1950s, minus the war years. As a result, they are quite easy to find here in England in more or less played with condition, but as you can imagine, perfect condition examples like some of those in the photo are much rarer. I should be able to find some in what you might call 'the not too bad' category.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Reisler's 'inspirations'    Reisler's 'inspirations'  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 3:30 pm

They are similar enough to see that Reisler developers did know John Hill Co figures. Very Happy
Too obvious to think in coincidences. Thanks for sharing, Dave. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Reisler's 'inspirations'    Reisler's 'inspirations'  Empty

Back to top Go down

Reisler's 'inspirations'
Page 1 of 1