Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Today's little project

Go down 
+4
SUSANNE
remowshake
skysthelimit
Sumo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

Today's little project Empty
PostSubject: Today's little project   Today's little project EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 18:38

As the Safari brown pelican is so hard to find, I thought I'd try to make one of my own...
The Bullyland micro minis are unnervingly addictive, although the original colors leave something to be desired - but then, that just means they make fun repaint projects.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
So here's what I've been doing this afternoon instead of finishing the presents like I'm supposed to. The flash really washes out the color, and the shiny spots are because the paint isn't quite dry yet, but overall he's pretty near finished.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Today's little project   Today's little project EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 18:42

Very nice work, looks better than the original :)
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Today's little project   Today's little project EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 20:03

They are nice! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Today's little project   Today's little project EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 20:23

Fantastic mini-job !
Do you use a looking glass ?
It must have a very steady hand !

The Bully-microes are great, I love them. Also the white one .
So fun to have bothe Wink

Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: Today's little project   Today's little project EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 20:38

There are advantages to being ridiculously nearsighted... painting tiny models is easy peasy as long as I have brushes thin enough and my hands don't shake. Very Happy I'll probably do something with the white one as well, once I find a fun color scheme.
Back to top Go down
atabini

atabini

PostSubject: Re: Today's little project   Today's little project EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 21:59

Hi Sumo,

if you want pictures of some colorful pelican take a look into my web page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

there you can find some images of Peruvian Pelican that has the bill very colorfull and the body pattern is nice.
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: Today's little project   Today's little project EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 22:05

Wow, I love your photos!
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Today's little project   Today's little project EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 22:13

Again a really nice job on the repaint, congratulations and thanks for the photos.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Today's little project   Today's little project EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 22:14

atabini wrote:
Hi Sumo,

if you want pictures of some colorful pelican take a look into my web page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

there you can find some images of Peruvian Pelican that has the bill very colorfull and the body pattern is nice.

This is amazing Shocked
Did you take those photoes ??

atabini

atabini

PostSubject: Re: Today's little project   Today's little project EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 22:25

SUSANNE wrote:
atabini wrote:
Hi Sumo,

This is amazing Shocked

Hi Susanne, yes all the pictures on that web page ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are mine, I love taking pictures of wildlife and nature.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Today's little project   Today's little project EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 22:27

They are really good Sumo sunny
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Today's little project   Today's little project EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 22:29

atabini wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
atabini wrote:
Hi Sumo,

This is amazing Shocked

Hi Susanne, yes all the pictures on that web page ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are mine, I love taking pictures of wildlife and nature.
Your pictures are so beautiful Alejandro!
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: Today's little project   Today's little project EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 22:50

All done!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I cleaned up his markings a little and added some sand to the base to cover the slot down the middle. Would love some more elaborate bases, but I just don't have the skill or patience to make them from scratch.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Today's little project   Today's little project EmptyThu 06 Jan 2011, 00:07

Sweet little brown pelican Sumo! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Today's little project   Today's little project Empty

Back to top Go down

Today's little project
Page 1 of 1