Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March

Go down 
+38
Stripedhyena
George
Jill
rogerpgvg
Bonnie
Taos
Advicot
lucky luke
Caracal
barracudacat
Bowhead Whale
ezra18
Anne from Norway
Wilorvise
SUSANNE
widukind
Dutch Bear
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Tarunyada
costicuba
75senta75
JonasV
ulinuk
DaveScriv
SpiralStrix
CilleDK
landrover
Bloodrayne
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
Roger
stecal
TheLastStardust
Carola
Ana
LeeAnn
NightLioness
Tiermann
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 10:09 am

Beautiful bears and photo's. Now I'm really curious how big your collection of bear is Very Happy

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 10:11 am

In general this kind of old figures is refered to as elastolin, lineol or composite material or Massefigur (in german). I cant find any markings on any of the animal but I do think all these bears are Elastolin, which in fact is a trademark used by the German company O&M Hausser. The small sitting bear already is in a 1931-1935 Haussers catalogue.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 10:20 am

NightLioness wrote:
Beautiful bears and photo's. Now I'm really curious how big your collection of bear is Very Happy

Only a few:

82 Brown bears
89 Polar bears
51 Panda bears
34 Black/Various
and 59 in the sub-catagory for other materials, like bronze, crystal, gems, tin. as i dont have those sorted by species.

Come to think i have still close to 100 known bears on my whishlist.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:54 am

Dutch Bear wrote:
In general this kind of old figures is refered to as elastolin, lineol or composite material or Massefigur (in german). I cant find any markings on any of the animal but I do think all these bears are Elastolin, which in fact is a trademark used by the German company O&M Hausser. The small sitting bear already is in a 1931-1935 Haussers catalogue.

Thanks for your "half"-reply. :) During these old days, many vintage brands compied or found inspiration in Elastolin models. It means that some bear figures are quite similar, not completely, but they are from different companies and often, these companies are from different countries. I think it would be interesting for you to study these superfical differences to know what you really have and what you're missing. Very Happy
Remember that you can always use our thread to find what brand they are. Very Happy

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:51 am

Great invasion  affraid affraid . you are fortunate

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 11:14 am

Dutch Bear wrote:

Congratulation for this catch at such a good price  Applause 

The standing bear and the three walking ones on the right are Lineol.

Standing one: Series IV (1940-1960)
The two twins: Series IV (1940-1960)
The bigger walking one: Series III (1931-1940)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
CilleDK

CilleDK

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 11:40 am

their very nice, congrats on your good find  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: Dutch Bear's collection now   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 5:24 pm

My collections has expanded quite substantially over the last few months.
Here is a picture I took November last year.

And this it what my glass cabinet looks like today, after squeezing in the latest additions.

Brown bears

Polar bears

Various materials

Giant panda's

Black bears

Last edited by Dutch Bear on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 5:47 pm

What a beautiful collection! cheers I like how you have it organized. Very Happy

That mosaic bear - do you know anything about it? The brand? I have a frog just like it that was given to me a while ago but I have since thrown away the box so I no longer have any information on it.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 6:21 pm

Is there a STS effect in it or am I wrong? Laughing I enjoy seeing pandas like that! Very Happy

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: New Bears in Amsterdam, updated 29th August 2014   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 6:28 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
What a beautiful collection! cheers I like how you have it organized. Very Happy

That mosaic bear - do you know anything about it? The brand? I have a frog just like it that was given to me a while ago but I have since thrown away the box so I no longer have any information on it.

The brand is Barcino.
Just google: barcino mosaic animals.

Last edited by Dutch Bear on Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 6:35 pm

Roger wrote:
Is there a STS effect in it or am I wrong? Laughing I enjoy seeing pandas like that! Very Happy

Well maybe you guys made me realize there are more fools like me. And maybe i lets me give into my passion for these special animals, more and more. Although reading some of the topics on dino's and horses you all write here online, even make me feel kind of normal again.
lol!

Thanks for merging my topics.
cheers

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 8:39 pm

Wow, the bear army looks great!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 9:32 pm

Wonderful looking collection!

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
TheLastStardust

TheLastStardust

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 1:37 pm

That's really an impressive collection! Shocked huge congrats to this collection! cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 1:48 pm

Dutch Bear wrote:
Roger wrote:

Well maybe you guys made me realize there are more fools like me. And maybe i lets me give into my passion for these special animals, more and more. Although reading some of the topics on dino's and horses you all write here online, even make me feel kind of normal again.
lol!

Exactly! I am purchasing way more additions to my collection then before I came on STS cheers  It is very easy to give in drunken As for feeling normal again, still drunken   No worries Very Happy Just relax and enjoy the feeling bounce   Oh and I LOVE the bears Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 2:35 pm

WOW !!! WOW !!! This is fantastic cheers

I could look for hours at all these magnificent models , - and so beautyfully shown Applause

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
SpiralStrix

SpiralStrix

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 4:34 pm

You are really dedicated! Very unique collection. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/27592/spiralstrix
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 7:57 pm

This weekends additions.

Ostheimer panda 2193
Ostheimer polar bear 22101
Ostheimer polar bear cub 22103
Barcino bear
A Thailand bear, maybe from a see/hear/speak set.

I also found this mini-zoo. It is 1:78 of H0 for model trains. Here compared to a 1 eurocent coin.
By the way, I dont understand the huge monkey. I looks like it doesn't belong with this set.

Last edited by Dutch Bear on Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:44 pm

Congratulations! cheers
Oh I love this one who's holding her/his ears! Laughing Laughing So beautiful model! Is it some kind of plastic?

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:46 pm

Fantastic news cheers

That see/hear/speak-bear is wonderful, the Barcino bear is awesome affraid

And those little ones are ever so cute Wink

The Ostheimer models are beautyful too, a bit out of what we normally see here, but they are beautyful Very Happy

Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:09 pm

jonesee wrote:
Congratulations! cheers
Oh I love this one who's holding her/his ears! Laughing Laughing So beautiful model! Is it some kind of plastic?

Yes, it is very light and sounds hollow when you tap it.
The lady i bought it from didnt remember where she got.
She didnt even know it was Made in Thailand.

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:14 pm

Wonderful additions, congratulations. Those mini animals look like the old Marx Hong Kong miniature animals.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:53 am

Wonderful aditions! Congradulations Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 1:01 am

Dutch Bear wrote:
jonesee wrote:
Congratulations! cheers

Yes, it is very light and sounds hollow when you tap it.
The lady i bought it from didnt remember where she got.
She didnt even know it was Made in Thailand.

Ok, thank you! That's very interesting cheers Best bear I have seen. Very nice drunken

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March   Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dutch Bear's Collection, update 28 March
Page 3 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next