Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)

Go down 
+14
Jill
landrover
Caracal
Roger
George
Burgerenby
Gecko08
Taos
Ana
widukind
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
Joliezac
Paleochris
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Paleochris

Country/State : FRANCE

Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) Empty
PostSubject: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 12:17 am

Hello,

I am new here so you will find on this topic all the informations, pictures and additions of my collection.

I started collecting in 2018. I collect mostly dinosaurs and prehistoric animals but I'm also starting to collect modern animals

90% prehistoric animals, 10% modern animals for the moment...
50% high-end resin models, 50% PVC figurines of the main brands (PNSO, Papo, Schleich, Rebor etc.)

> My philosophy: collect the most scientifically accurate figurines, the most detailed and pretty (paint job, sculpting) I don't like the toy look.

> My goal: that my collection becomes a real small museum of natural history with as many species as possible represented.

> I am not against duplicates, I like to have several representations, poses, dioramas etc. of the same species, it is especially possible with extinct animals.

Enjoy, I start with some pictures of my display (which I already put on my presentation topic) :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

To this day, I have 150 pieces but many new items will come.

Titanoboa "Brian Resurgent" museum class maquette of REBOR ! I already had the first Titanoboa of Rebor "Monty" here they are together

(you will have recognized a small Indian Cobra of Papo...)

And the last, Bajadasaurus of Memory Museum (sculptor : Keith Strasser). It is a huuuuge resin statue, 70 cm (scale 1/15).

See you soon I have some modern animals coming soon !

Last edited by Paleochris on Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:58 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 12:49 am

Amazing selections you have a great eye! I've been torn trying to decide whether to buy the JP3 style Spinosaurus from W-Dragon or Nanmu... Also I LOVE Rebor's bendible titanoboa I stayed up until 2 am to order that online when it released and it sold out within half an hour affraid Can't wait to see more!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 1:40 am

Goodness gracious, great collection!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 8:20 am

Great to discover your collection, the Bajadasaurus is really impressive, I would have to change my displays tto put such a guy on my 1/15 shelves Shocked

I have a big bias for the more reasonable PNSO Amargasaurus, I can't wait to put my hands on it drunken

The Papo is an Indian cobra not a King Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 8:28 am

Nice collection

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Paleochris

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 8:51 am

Kikimalou wrote:

The Papo is an Indian cobra not a King Wink

Merci pour la correction Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 1:51 pm

Wow, your collection looks incredible! What a huge and beautiful model of Bajadasaurus!
If you're planning to send more close up photos of your models, I would love to see the prehistoric mammals in more detail Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 10:59 pm

Stunning collection!! Applause Applause Applause

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 5:35 pm

WOW! great species and collection 🦕 🦖.

Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 12:45 pm

I love the way you display your collection, the room has such a comfy atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Paleochris

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 11:33 pm

Arrival of the day:

Carcharodontosaurus saharicus by GR TOYS & HAOLONGOOD Studios, 1/20 resin statue, limited edition of 100, I have [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]/100.

This will be my definitive Carcharodontosaurus (I have a second one made by VWUVWU in 1/35 which is also very nice and I would still take only the PNSO.

GR TOYS is a new studio very recent in dinosaur figurines, they have created 3 PVC models (Spinosaurus, Dicraeosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus). I'm a fan of their creations even if I didn't like their Carcha PVC, fortunately they had the good idea to accompany it with this limited statue.

Some photos, single and with his new friends Carcha, Gigano and Mapusaurus !

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 11:58 pm

Just a handsome dinosaur! Congratulations.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 1:32 am

Beautiful!! Congrats on getting [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that's sweet! I haven't heard of this brand, doing a quick search their spinosaurus looks amazing!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 10:55 am

He is really impressive, a lovely action sculpt with that one-footed pose, and the colours are so beautifully done, subtle and believable.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 6:22 pm

For someone that started collecting so recently, you already have a very respectable collection with many prestigious pieces. You also look very criterious and there is no doubts that you already know a wide range of brands and sculptors.
I will surely enjoy to check which are your choices for extant animals, I love to debat the good and not so good things about each model.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 7:00 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 7:10 pm

1/20, I look just now on my unique 1/20 prehistoric shelf and I imagine such a huge guy like that in the right corner.

I don't know if it is a affraid or Razz  emotion, both of them are appropriate Laughing
Back to top Go down
Paleochris

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 7:59 pm

Razz Razz It takes a lot of space it's true, but the scale allows wonderful details. I would not want a 100% 1/20 collection either, 60% of my pieces are 1/35
Back to top Go down
Paleochris

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 8:10 pm

Roger wrote:
For someone that started collecting so recently, you already have a very respectable collection with many prestigious pieces. You also look very criterious and there is no doubts that you already know a wide range of brands and sculptors.
I will surely enjoy to check which are your choices for extant animals, I love to debat the good and not so good things about each model.

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ! Indeed my learning has been accelerated, I follow a lot on facebook groups of collectors and I read a lot the STS, ATB and DTB forums. Before buying a model, I get as much information as possible before (reviews on youtube, forums etc) if it is possible especially if I order it on the internet. And for that, your discussions and opinions are very important !

I'm showing you the first wave of modern mammals that have arrived in recent months. These are the first ones, and they are figurines from the main brands for the moment.

The Schleich elephant is not the best of all, but I like the pose and I still find it quite nice and enough realistic. I hate Schleich for their dinosaurs (I only have one that I found successful, the diabloceratops) but they are much better for their modern animals (many of which I find quite attractive).

This is the case for the Schleich walrus that I really like! If Schleich had put the same level of quality on all its animals, it would really be on top

The rest is papo and pretty safe values with these 2 bears and this beautiful tiger "standing"!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 8:18 pm

That's the goal of these communities, helping everyone to make the best choices as you did with the last batch.
I am not collecting dinosaurs but from Schleich I'd buy the Psittacosaurus, I think it is very good. From non dinos, I don't know why I never got it because i like the dinogorgon.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 8:22 pm

I don't have the last walrus from Schleich but it itches a bit. The two Papo bears are safe bets, like the tiger for that matter.

As for the elephants, unfortunately, I am suffering from the same illness as you for the Schleich dinos, indigestion guaranteed!

Paleochris wrote:
Razz Razz It takes a lot of space it's true, but the scale allows wonderful details. I would not want a 100% 1/20 collection either, 60% of my pieces are 1/35

I undertsand that, my collection have at least 27 different scales Laughing
Back to top Go down
Paleochris

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 11:09 pm

Hello,

I received today my DaFei studio figures !
They are small figurines (1/35 scale) in resin, beautifully sculpted! The level of detail is very high, everything is very well done, the painting is beautiful, I do not have many criticisms to make ...
A particular attention on the painting level could have been done on the horn of the Rhinoceros.

The quantities are unfortunately very limited and I think that the other models launched in September are already sold out.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 7:47 am

Expensive... But incredibly beautiful drunken I envy you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 9:46 am

Wonderful! cheers  how expensive? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 12:09 pm

Very 😂
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)   Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27) Empty

Back to top Go down

Paleochris's collection (update Nov. 27)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next