Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24

Go down 
+39
Anne from Norway
trovalsa
Saien
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Wilorvise
googie212
JamesPanda
costicuba
AlphaMareArt
LeeAnn
Kikimalou
JonasV
widukind
HKHollinstone
landrover
koniminiatures
Gwaine
sadie3112
Carola
persefone
Jetty
Roger
sortepletter
Ana
Silver Unicornis
Tarunyada
A-J
animalluvr6
NightLioness
TheLastStardust
Dum_my
Tylosaurus
sauroid
Bloodrayne
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
Elros Alvar
ulinuk
Shanti
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
AlphaMareArt

AlphaMareArt

Country/State : Wisconsin

LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:50 am

First I will open by saying very nice additions!

but now........

Putting on flame suit

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My personal preference is for a dished head, I make no apologies for this.
I have to wonder about all of you that say they have health and breathing issues, Have you ever owned a arabian?
I have owned an egyptian arab mare with a strong dish, fine muzzle and large nostrils.  She was never sick a day in her life Carried all of her foals well and spent all of her free time rough housing with my gelding. Does this sound like a horse that leads a sad uncomfortable life?
In all honesty I think the quarter horse world has far worse issues than the arab horse world.

I guess i'm the only person that dislikes the PAM's cheese wedge head! and dear lord that bloated belly!
I will openly say that I much prefer a show fit horse to a pasture potato.

While I do think heads like seen on the mare Namusca,  are freaky but according to her owners she never had any breathing issues.
The heads on these two in my opinion are absolutely gorgeous  http://www.straightegyptians.com/forum2/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=40777

I will admit that i am a fan of debbi lermonds arabs even if she takes the typey-ness a bit too far, heads can always be touched up

I think  Eberl does the BEST arabians!
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:44 pm

No need for the flame suit Wink

I'm not saying every Arabian horse has breathing issues, and I'm sure not nearly even half do. But I have heard of a few instances where horses did have problems so that's where I'm coming from. Smile

I like the dished heads as well, just not to the extreme like the photo I attached above. The ones in that link are gorgeous I think drunken I love you

Oh yes, there are definitely more issues with QHs than Arabs. I'm with you 100% on that!!

Do you have any photos of your Arab mare? I love the Eqyptian type ones cheers

AlphaMareArt

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Unfortunately I no longer have any photos of her as they were all on my old computer and the hard drive got fried.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:35 pm

That's a shame Sad Sad Sad

AlphaMareArt

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Yeah, even took it into the shop to try and rescue the photos but it didn't work out. No
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:15 am

AlphaMareArt wrote:
First I will open by saying very nice additions!

but now........

Putting on flame suit

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My personal preference is for a dished head, I make no apologies for this.
I have to wonder about all of you that say they have health and breathing issues, Have you ever owned a arabian?
I have owned an egyptian arab mare with a strong dish, fine muzzle and large nostrils.  She was never sick a day in her life Carried all of her foals well and spent all of her free time rough housing with my gelding. Does this sound like a horse that leads a sad uncomfortable life?
In all honesty I think the quarter horse world has far worse issues than the arab horse world.

I guess i'm the only person that dislikes the PAM's cheese wedge head! and dear lord that bloated belly!
I will openly say that I much prefer a show fit horse to a pasture potato.

While I do think heads like seen on the mare Namusca,  are freaky but according to her owners she never had any breathing issues.
The heads on these two in my opinion are absolutely gorgeous  http://www.straightegyptians.com/forum2/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=40777

I will admit that i am a fan of debbi lermonds arabs even if she takes the typey-ness a bit too far, heads can always be touched up

I think  Eberl does the BEST arabians!

No need for a flamesuit, everyone here can have an opinion. As far as dished profiles go, my comments apply more to dogs than horses (since I'm much more familiar with canine morphology than equine), and brachycephalic dogs (like boxers, boston terriers, pugs, etc.) do have breathing issues I was just guessing that with the nasal canal being changed it might affect breathing etc. (and was obviously off base, I apologize Embarassed, thanks for clarifying that it doesn't affect all of them as with your horse). However, again just my opinion, I have a hard time with some Arabians when they have the severely dished profiles like some that have been posted here (as LeeAnn said) and when they have those extremely arched and thin necks. Just a personal preference on my part. And as a quick side note, I think many modern breeds have physical/morphological issues, QH's, Tennesee walkers, throughbreds of any variety, etc.

It's also a shame you lost your photos of your horse, I would have loved to see her. I love Arabians, they are one of my favorite breeds. It would be a privilege to own one, what was her name?

Anyways, I don't want to hijack LeeAnn's new additions thread, so back on topic. Smile

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:39 am

Hijack away, it's welcome in this thread Twisted Evil Laughing

I don't think any horse breed exists that humans don't do some weird thing to. Sad

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 12:25 am

At long last, I finally have the 2015 Mystery Foal SMs! All the dealers around me were getting the wrong ones (the old 2013 models) instead of the new ones. Breyer was telling them they would have to wait until March/April to get them! affraid

On a model horse forum someone mentioned that a tack shop close to her had the new ones. Knowing she lived the next state over, I knew it didn't hurt to ask what store it was. Wink Turns out this place wasn't too far! bounce

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And just for kicks, my Indigo SM conga is complete for now Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

AlphaMareArt

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 12:38 am

Wow love the conga!
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 12:46 am

Me too cheers Wink

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 1:10 am

AlphaMareArt wrote:
Wow love the conga!

I second this Very Happy
Its like they are doing a dance together! bounce
The foal rubbing its nose it so cute drunken
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:03 am

Congratulations LeeAnn,  i especially like the sitting horse:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:26 am

Me, oh my ! SO much beauty bounce cheers

sadie3112

sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:15 am

I really like the first mystery foals set! I think it's the Hanoverian that I like Very Happy

AlphaMareArt

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 12:09 pm

I got the stock horse set and the set with the Icelandic and find it kind of funny how both sires are missing some err equipment lol
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 2:11 pm

Thank you all! cheers

AlphaMareArt wrote:
I got the stock horse set and the set with the Icelandic and find it kind of funny how both sires are missing some err equipment lol
lol!

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 2:13 pm

Emma wrote:

Its like they are doing a dance together! bounce

That's where the name "conga" comes from. Wink When people put their hands on each others shoulders and dance in a line, it's called a "conga line." So we call a line of models on the same mold a conga line. Very Happy

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 5:04 pm

Lovely SM's cheers

And your conga especially is awesome! Feisty little Icelandic horses!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 5:06 pm

Thanks Carola! Very Happy

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 5:15 pm

beautiful horses as always LeeAnn! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 6:04 pm

Thanks Sauroid!

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:11 am

Great new little families, and congrats on the conga line! Applause

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 2:33 pm

Thanks Paige! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:22 pm

Many new wonderful horses in all colors, poses, breeds, etc. Congratulations! Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:17 pm

Thanks Roger! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24   LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24 - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

LeeAnn's Model Horses *Updated March 24
Page 23 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next