Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)

Go down 
+10
Elros Alvar
Carola
Silver Unicornis
SUSANNE
widukind
LeeAnn
Roger
JonasV
Dum_my
Fisva
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) Empty
PostSubject: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 9:30 am

Hey guys. I have met a beautiful guy during wedding reception on Saturday. This big fellow was looking at me for some time, waiting to be stroked. When I approached him, he sniffed my hands and looked at me gently, and I know that he was happy that there was somebody that could get his attention. It was love from the first sight, and I miss him pretty much. No other horse that I met there had been so nice and open.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That's why I have thought that it would be a good idea to custom a Schleich horse and change it into that big guy. I hadn't checked the proportions before I went to the shop to buy a figurine for this custom, so that I have bought a Schleich Hanoverian stallion. I could actually buy a Shire stallion, but his face was so ugly that... well...

So, this Hanoverian stallion should be changed into this big fellow:

Now my question is: what should I change? I know that the head is a little bit too small, and the body is too long. How can I change this horse to get right proportions? Any suggestions?

Last edited by Fisva on Fri May 23, 2014 9:30 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:29 am

Hello,

I can tell you what I think but maybe I can better show you,
The model look somewhat small in general, but that's a choise of course! :)
The mold doesn't look that long only to fin as faras I can see.

Maybe you ca make the nek and theback bigger, and then don'forget the sides?
Because if you look at it from te back side he should not be fin on his belly and neck and but.
almost like a squire!

I do thin his head is to fine, maybe make that more like the big follow with some adding's?
And if you make the model more bulky (husky muscled I don't know how to call it) the legs became shorter in an instance. Because for the eye the body looks heavier, sow the legs look shorter.
Ans then don't forget his beautiful legg feathers Very Happy

I hope you have got something out of this (my English is still very baddd Razz)

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 12:58 pm

Excellent prsesentation Dum-my! Best luck with the stallion Fisva Wink I am sure he will be very beautiful :)

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 1:08 pm

Agata, what a beautiful story and horse! Very Happy
I don't know if it is supposed I comment once I don't know anything about horses and customizing a figure is something that I never did before.
I don't have any doubts that you can make that Hanoverian look like a Polish draft but you have to change almost everything, Hanoverian is much lighter in all parts.
I think I saw the old Schleich heavy horse in a poor condition being sold here in an online auctions website and in my opinion it fits much better with the horse you're trying to replicate.
Let me know if you want me to try to get it although you have to be patient. :)

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 1:20 pm

Thank you very much my dear friends! And thank you Dum_my for a fantastic presentation, it will help me a lot :)

Rogerio, it depends how much would it cost because recently I'm quite out of money  Crying or Very sad 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 1:29 pm

I think it's an interesting idea, but it might be difficult to change what you need to. Hanoverian is a lighter horse, whereas the draft is obviously much heavier. It's not like you can just add some clay here and there, but I say if you're willing to have a long project to work on, go for it!

I would shorten the neck, and if possible, use a head from a different model. If not, then you can try building up what you have. The chest and croup should be built out a bit more, as well as the barrel. The legs possibly a bit shorter as well as thicker. Once the neck is shortened that needs to be thickened. The ears are huge, those you could probably resculpt. I keep looking at your photo thinking the back is too long, but maybe that's because everything else is too thin. I hope you'll take this on!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 3:27 pm

Fisva wrote:
Rogerio, it depends how much would it cost because recently I'm quite out of money  Crying or Very sad 

Well, I am not asking money, the only risk is that I receive it and love it. Laughing
Let me know if you want to wait and if you find the mould suitable... and I contact the seller Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 5:02 pm

Absolutly amazing!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 5:04 pm

Roger wrote:
Fisva wrote:

Well, I am not asking money, the only risk is that I receive it and love it. Laughing
Let me know if you want to wait and if you find the mould suitable... and I contact the seller Very Happy

I would be happy to get it, then!  bounce cheers 

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 5:26 pm

Fisva wrote:
Roger wrote:
Fisva wrote:

I would be happy to get it, then!  bounce cheers 

OK, I'll try to get it for you! Very Happy meanwhile why don't you use the Hanoverian to make a Silesian horse. I find that mare wonderful! Very Happy

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 5:35 pm

I have thought about this coat already. It is beautiful indeed!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Ohhhh! What an absolutely beautyful boy  I love you drunken 

It will be very exiting to see what comes out of it all  bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy

PS : The gorgeous Mojo Suffolk Punch, made by Anna, could also be great, - the model is awesome, but it would be great with a repaint Wink

Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:25 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

PS : The gorgeous Mojo Suffolk Punch, made by Anna, could also be great, - the model is awesome, but it would be great with a repaint Wink

I have thought about it already, but all my horses are Schleich and I didn't want the model to be too small in comparison with the other horses. I know that Mojo figurines are a little bit smaller than usual Schleich. I also had a limited choice of horses Sad

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:05 pm

Fisva wrote:
I have thought about this coat already. It is beautiful indeed!

You're a brilliant painter, it won't be a dramatic change to turn the Hannoverian in a Silesian. Maybe that golden palomino is not easy to get but life is made of challenges. Very Happy
... and you'll have the chance of having two horse breeds from your country. Very Happy
I agree with Susanne, Mojo horses have a lot of potential to be repainted. I am sure that a painting as fine as the sculpting could turn these figures in real masterpieces. flower

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:43 pm

Roger wrote:

I agree with Susanne, Mojo horses have a lot of potential to be repainted. I am sure that a painting as fine as the sculpting could turn these figures in real masterpieces. flower

They surely will ! Look [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  cheers 

Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 2:36 pm

I have just baked the horse...  Laughing Laughing Laughing 

I have changed the mane and lifted the mouth a little bit. I have also cut genitals and changed it into mare.

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 2:44 pm

Aww, I love the new mane! Looks so cute! I love you But a good cute, not Schleich-cute. Wink

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 5:22 pm

Ohh so cute I love you  I like the mane, wow! Wanna see more bounce bounce bounce cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyFri May 16, 2014 1:17 am

Looking fine! :)
Well, as you transformed it in a mare, you're not anymore replicating the big guy in the begining of this thread. What are you doing now? scratchscratchVery Happy

Last edited by Roger on Fri May 16, 2014 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:47 am

Roger wrote:
OK, I'll try to get it for you! :Dmeanwhile why don't you use the Hanoverian to make a Silesian horse. I find that mare wonderful! Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
That's not a Silesian, they can't be this colour. besides the mare is too light Wink

Here are some great examples of Silesian horses:
Mares: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Stallions: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyFri May 16, 2014 12:07 pm

Mangalarga wrote:

Here are some great examples of Silesian horses:
Mares: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Stallions: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What an interesting breed. When you see through the photos you can see the same strong type of the body and that wonderful head. Thank you for pics! I'd like to do one custom, Silesian horse cheers 

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyFri May 16, 2014 4:54 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
Roger wrote:
OK, I'll try to get it for you! :Dmeanwhile why don't you use the Hanoverian to make a Silesian horse. I find that mare wonderful! Very Happy
That's not a Silesian, they can't be this colour. besides the mare is too light Wink

You're right as usual Magda, I've found that picture on Wikipedia article about the breed and wrongly thought immediately it was a Silesian. geek I don't know why that picture is used in that entry. Though, I should notice not only the color but mainly the fact of being a much lightbuilt horse once I was trying to find a Polish breed to fit more or less the Hanoverian. I loved the color and that was enough to suggest it. Very Happy
The description of that picture also says that it is an unknown breed horse. Sleep
Luckily we have some horse experts like you to notice these mistakes. I wanted to see a palomino what is not possible being a Silesian, however, I find the Silesian idea very good to this particular figure but I may be wrong again. flower
Thanks for these links with wonderful horses. Very Happy

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyFri May 16, 2014 7:54 pm

Thank you Magda for your precious information! Perhaps I should make a Palomino Wielkopolski horse  Laughing 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyFri May 16, 2014 8:13 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) EmptyFri May 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Why not Very Happy Wielkopolski horses come in many equine colours and patterns.
Though personally I'd prefer to make a Silesian - I have a soft spot for heavier breeds Laughing 

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)   Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2) Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing Schleich Hanoverian into Silesian/Wielkopolski Horse (p. 2)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next