Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich is sold to a French Company

Go down 
+18
Saarlooswolfhound
Bongo
Tarunyada
Carola
ken yeo
MARTINLATIN
Elros Alvar
NightLioness
orcagirl26
Roger
LukaLeon085
schleich61
JonasV
SUSANNE
arafan
widukind
LeeAnn
75senta75
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 9:48 pm

Bongo wrote:
Maybe-they said, they want to procue more licensed lines like Batman etc..Maybe also Starwars-from 2015, every year a new SW movie will come out-so Schleich can amke a lot of Money with Starwars, and next yera, a new Jurassic Park movie Comes out....I could magine, the new owner will stop the animal lines with thee xception of Dinos and Horses...I hope, he will do-the Quality of Schleich is down to a very low and poor Level, so we all could save the Money for These ugly figures and spend it for the really good brands...
Maybe also Lord of the Rings or the hobbit figures?!  bounce bounce

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 6:17 pm

Bongo wrote:
The new Owner said,they want to get away from the figure, the only standing around, to toys..so don't expect again "realistic looking"figures or even ANTELOPES, Ha,Ha.I bet, we will get more and more comicstyle and childish style, cute puppies, rabbits, kittens, horses..

Bongo, where have you found that information? scratch
It doesn't seem plausible to me once animals represent their main sales. :)
About minor quality of recent releases I have to agree with you but even if Schleich continues with a poor selection of figures, you can save easily your money just not buying them. This year I've bought only 3 for my collection. Very Happy

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 9:06 pm

Roger wrote:
Bongo wrote:
The new Owner said,they want to get away from the figure, the only standing around, to toys..so don't expect again "realistic looking"figures or even ANTELOPES, Ha,Ha.I bet, we will get more and more comicstyle and childish style, cute puppies, rabbits, kittens, horses..

Bongo, where have you found that information? scratch
That's in the text. :)

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 5:10 pm

Thank you for information, Yvette!
If to say fair, I already don't want to buy Schleich. I bought some animals of this year, but if to compare that with older models, the new figurines are really worse. It's really horrible that Schleich started to do just toys, quality became worse with each year. But nevertheless Schleich is the most popular brand on market. So, yesterday I visited one shop, where we could buy Papo, later this shop started sell Safari, and yesterday I found that the most part of figurines is Schleich and animals were horrible painted, I never seen such paint before. I feel like Schleich practice monopoly. It's everywhere.
But, for example, Papo is just in some places, and there are no all of models, but it has the best quality, I think.  Crying or Very sad 
Yesterday I also bought the old lioness by Mojö and I should say she is better than the new lioness by Schleich, and prices very differ: Mojö is really cheaper.

'Til then I walk alone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 5:53 pm

I agree ! Of the old "big" brands, Papo is certinly leading in quality Very Happy

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 8:34 am

SUSANNE wrote:
I agree ! Of the old "big" brands, Papo is certinly leading in quality Very Happy

Very very true. Papo still puts out excellent figures, year after year.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 3:56 pm

…and I thought this image -- which has probably already been posted somewhere on this forum -- might be a good icon to use whenever we discuss the decline of Schleich.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 4:15 pm

affraid affraid 

lol! lol! lol! 

No ! I have never seen it before  geek 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 5:00 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! 

And unfortunately, even true.

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:38 am

So what do we expect????
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:35 pm

We probably won't know what to expect until we can see what's being released in 2015 and even then we may have to wait til we see them in shops with the stock photos and all.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:06 pm

I think we'll have to wait until at least 2016 to judge any change (if there is to be any). I'm sure they already have the 2015 line already planned out. However, we should be able to compare quality of the figures to years previous, and see if that has changed.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:18 pm

I was thinking next year because the new owner may have already changed a few things the old owner had planned.
Back to top Go down
Lindernesse

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: I have seen the future and it is Batman...   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 6:56 pm

It has begun. According to their Facebook page, theres going to be a D.C. Line of figures next year. This one is going to be at San Diego Comic Con.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 7:00 pm

And the animals?? Can't see the image...

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 7:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 8:04 pm

Would it be possible that Schleich (previous owner) already made a deal/contract with D.C. Comics before the new company bought it? I mean I don't really mind that they broaden their figurine lines (similar to Bullyland) but I hope their animals don't go neglected.
I dunno about 2015/2016 years, I think that as far as planning and executing a new line the new owner would only be able to maybe change a few figures. I think to really see how things are going to be with the company.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Paige, I believe they did. I remember an article from before the sale, I need to find it...

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm

Here, this one is dated June 11, 2013 : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The second article Yvette posted, is dated May 18, 2014: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 9:02 pm

Thanks for the articles LeAnn!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Happy to help! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich is sold to a French Company
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich-
Jump to: