Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Making a diorama and I need a back drop scene photo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gast

PostSubject: Making a diorama and I need a back drop scene photo   Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:58 am

Hi all, this is my first post so greetings from New Zealand Very Happy I'm planning on making a diorama/play area for my daughters Schleich African animals. Shes only 2 so thought it'd be cool for her to have a big diorama board to play on for her animals. So I'd like to make a back drop out of maybe a nice African landscape. I'm thinking I might be able to find a poster and get it laminated so its nice and stiff. I got the idea from a Schleich display case.

So has anyone made something like this? Or does anyone have any good tips. I was happy to find this forum on my searches and look forward sharing with the community.
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Making a diorama and I need a back drop scene photo   Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:16 am

My first thought is maybe you could go to a pet store and get one of those backdrops used in environments for reptiles. But I don't know how big you need it.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Making a diorama and I need a back drop scene photo   Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:09 am

WOW! That sounds like a great project. Your daughter is very lucky.

Sue is definitely one of the experts here !
Henriette has also made some great stuff, - and have you seen this ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Even if I can`t help you, - I have never made these wonderful dioramas (yet) - I hope you succeed, and will share the result with us .

Maybe send us pictures how you made it, if there were specially difficulties etc.
I certainly would be very interested and would very much like to learn how to do it Very Happy

Well, I had some wild ideas like scanning from a book and printing out in larger scale, but that is probably not possible unless one has professional equipment .... scratch

Good luck flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making a diorama and I need a back drop scene photo   Today at 1:15 am

Back to top Go down

Making a diorama and I need a back drop scene photo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1