Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Making a diorama and I need a back drop scene photo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gast

Making a diorama and I need a back drop scene photo Empty
PostSubject: Making a diorama and I need a back drop scene photo   Making a diorama and I need a back drop scene photo EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:58 am

Hi all, this is my first post so greetings from New Zealand Very Happy I'm planning on making a diorama/play area for my daughters Schleich African animals. Shes only 2 so thought it'd be cool for her to have a big diorama board to play on for her animals. So I'd like to make a back drop out of maybe a nice African landscape. I'm thinking I might be able to find a poster and get it laminated so its nice and stiff. I got the idea from a Schleich display case.

So has anyone made something like this? Or does anyone have any good tips. I was happy to find this forum on my searches and look forward sharing with the community.
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Making a diorama and I need a back drop scene photo   Making a diorama and I need a back drop scene photo EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:16 am

My first thought is maybe you could go to a pet store and get one of those backdrops used in environments for reptiles. But I don't know how big you need it.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Making a diorama and I need a back drop scene photo   Making a diorama and I need a back drop scene photo EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:09 am

WOW! That sounds like a great project. Your daughter is very lucky.

Sue is definitely one of the experts here !
Henriette has also made some great stuff, - and have you seen this ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Even if I can`t help you, - I have never made these wonderful dioramas (yet) - I hope you succeed, and will share the result with us .

Maybe send us pictures how you made it, if there were specially difficulties etc.
I certainly would be very interested and would very much like to learn how to do it Very Happy

Well, I had some wild ideas like scanning from a book and printing out in larger scale, but that is probably not possible unless one has professional equipment .... scratch

Good luck flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making a diorama and I need a back drop scene photo   Making a diorama and I need a back drop scene photo Empty

Back to top Go down

Making a diorama and I need a back drop scene photo
Page 1 of 1