Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife

Go down 
+4
SUSANNE
Roger
skysthelimit
MartinH
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife Empty
PostSubject: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Under Magda's request, here is 2009 plains zebra by Safari.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:39 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
It looks lovely, Magda, - a little bit like the new one from Mojo, as far as I remember ?
Not quite, this one looks very young, immature. Mojo zebra is full developed, proud male
Nope... Safari´s female is much better than new Mojo´s zebra... Mojo´s one looks like a copy of CollectA´s scratch

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:24 pm

I didn't say which one is better...

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:34 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
I didn't say which one is better...
Well I´m reading between lines... Wink Wink

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:36 pm

Don't, I didn't write anything there Wink Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:52 pm

Seeing pictures of this Safari, honestly CollectA looks better, a much more serious project! This Safari is some toyish in shape and with a poor painting!
Martin, as a zebra's collector, it would be very nice to see a comparison tread about the best zebras of modern brand and of course, of regular series!
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:18 pm

Roger wrote:
Seeing pictures of this Safari, honestly CollectA looks better, a much more serious project! This Safari is some toyish in shape and with a poor painting!
Martin, as a zebra's collector, it would be very nice to see a comparison tread about the best zebras of modern brand and of course, of regular series!
I think best zebras are new ones from Schleich. Then safari WW zebra and regular zebra with foal... Bullyland zebra is not that bad but it´s too big... Papo´s zebras are weird with their coloring and pose. Mojo´s and CollectA´s are really similar to each other and their stripes are just so... unrealistic. Their front legs are too short and they look like they will fall ahead...
Sorry guys... that´s just my opinion. study

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:04 pm

I know this is not a modern brand, but - surprise, surprise ! - I think one of the best zebras is the old one from Reisler Laughing

The painting is AWFUL, I am quite aware of that, but it is so dynamic, I can imagine it would fit great into a diorama :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

..... after having a bit of a make-over by a good painter Wink

Sorry if this is misplaced here Embarassed Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:26 pm

The Reisler zebras look almost like ones you would see on a carousel!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:34 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
The Reisler zebras look almost like ones you would see on a carousel!

Nooooo Evil or Very Mad

Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:55 pm

MartinH wrote:
Roger wrote:
I think best zebras are new ones from Schleich. Then safari WW zebra and regular zebra with foal... Bullyland zebra is not that bad but it´s too big... Papo´s zebras are weird with their coloring and pose. Mojo´s and CollectA´s are really similar to each other and their stripes are just so... unrealistic. Their front legs are too short and they look like they will fall ahead...

Martin, you don't have to feel sorry! This is a forum to discuss figures!
I agree with almost every comments, mainly the one about hte legs of the Mojo and CollectA zebras! Anyway I don't think that the Bullyland is too big, unless in a list where you talk about the WW Safari!

Susanne, your zebras are beautiful even not as realistic as the new ones, anyway the pose gives them a very Equine spirit! :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:06 pm

THANK YOU, Roger cheers flower bounce I love you sunny flower bounce flower sunny
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:05 am

I don't mean that in a derogatory way, they just remind me of merry-go round horses minus the gold pole going through their spine.
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:29 am

wow! they are amazing! cheers

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:33 am

They are great Susanne, yes very dynamic! Their teeth are quite scary Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Thanks Martin and Harriet sunny

baltimore zoo wrote:
I don't mean that in a derogatory way, they just remind me of merry-go round horses minus the gold pole going through their spine.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:19 pm

Roger wrote:
MartinH wrote:
Roger wrote:

Martin, you don't have to feel sorry! This is a forum to discuss figures!
I agree with almost every comments, mainly the one about hte legs of the Mojo and CollectA zebras! Anyway I don't think that the Bullyland is too big, unless in a list where you talk about the WW Safari!

Susanne, your zebras are beautiful even not as realistic as the new ones, anyway the pose gives them a very Equine spirit! :)
Wink yeaah... WW zebra is extreme so I didn´t mension her size :) That´s series of huge animals... but she´s amazing with her details :) Wink

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:58 pm

MartinH wrote:
WW zebra is extreme so I didn´t mension her size :) That´s series of huge animals...
Except of the African elephant, it's size is just right Very Happy

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptySat May 28, 2011 4:26 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
MartinH wrote:
WW zebra is extreme so I didn´t mension her size :) That´s series of huge animals...
Except of the African elephant, it's size is just right Very Happy
Very Happy

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:15 pm

Schleich got it right with it's Grazing Zebra! Very nice figure!
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptySun May 29, 2011 5:32 pm

Well, I agree with the opinion that Schleich new zebras are the best ones. Standing mare and the grazing one are my favourites.
But that doesn't change the fact that I really like Safari's zebra, and that from WW series too - in fact I collect stuff with zebras and zebras as such, so they both would make a nice addition to two of my collections Very Happy
I wish some of those popular brand made Grevy's zebra I love you

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptySun May 29, 2011 6:02 pm

Would love to see some Grevy's!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:09 pm

I agree, many zebras, all beautiful, and always the same species in all brands! (except some vintage brands)!
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:17 pm

Maybe it is so because when people think "zebra" they usually think of Grant's zebra (even if they don't know the species' name Razz). I think that this species is kind of a stereotype of zebra.
That's too bad, they could make Grevy's and Damara zebras, and maybe some new Mountain ones (I think Safari used to make them, but I may be wrong). And I wouldn't mind a nicely made quagga model Very Happy

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Woah, that zebra looks like a kelpie-zebra (maybe a zelbrie? hehe) whith that enormous mouth!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife   Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife Empty

Back to top Go down

Plains Zebra 2009 Wild Safari Wildlife
Page 1 of 1