Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? Empty
PostSubject: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 11:26 pm

I was away awhile and coming back now noticed the posts going past the 1st page of the Sales, Trades & Gifts section of the Marketplace would appear to have been deleted. I kind of wish I'd known about this so I could have snatched up a fresh copy of my own (rather extensive and heavily coded) sales list there to keep and update upon. Now it's gone with the wind, and any link I attempt to access it through comes up telling me "only users granted special access can read topics in that forum".

My question is this: can it be retrieved? Are the old, deleted posts on archive somewhere? If they are, would any mod be kind enough to fish for me my sales list (dead link & post title [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) out of that hole and maybe throw me a copy of the text file (that is, html included), please?

Last edited by koniminiatures on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 11:27 pm

Welcome back cheers

I hope your sales list can be retrieved Very Happy

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 11:31 pm

Hehe, thank you! I hope so too. I'd hate to have to build the blasted thing from scratch again just because I missed the memo of the demolition of that part of the forum's archival qualities.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 11:57 pm

Hi Lea  cheers 

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 12:12 am

Hi there, Susanne!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 12:28 am

Any chance this is the missing thread? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 12:46 am

lea, your topic was retrieved. Very Happy
admins cannot control which trade topics are dead, useless, ended or still active. To prevent boring rules to members amd impossible work to moderators, that section is configured to send to the basket, all topics without amy activity during last 90 days. Only admins have access to the basket. Basketball
if the owner doesn't miss it, after other 90 days, the topic is definitively deleted. So, it lasts almost 6 months after last activity to be deleted.
There's no perfect formula to everyone but many excelent things can happen amd one of them is to see you back om forum. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 12:49 am

Leeann, you're the fastest girl i know. You've found it between the retrieval amd my comment. cheers

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 2:16 am

Roger wrote:
Leeann, you're the fastest girl i know. You've found it between the retrieval amd my comment. cheers

Very Happy 

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 3:15 am

Thank you kindly, Roger and LeeAnn! I'll keep that thread better backed up (and, hopefully, updated) in the future. I think the "90 day rule" is a reasonable one for that section of the forum, especially given the gone topics aren't obliterated straight away. It was just that it was a new rule for me, and having been away from the forum awhile, I hadn't had the chance to take a recent backup copy of my thread. Anyway, I'm back now and happy to be so - and particularly pleased to have that thread back, too. Thank you, Roger, for that!

Last edited by koniminiatures on Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 3:16 am

Happy to help Wink

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 1:57 am

90 day rule scratch  I thought that any topic could be brought up again if desired? bounce Unless we ae talking about just one section. I've noticed that lots of them have dissapeared!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:46 am

Emma wrote:
90 day rule scratch  I thought that any topic could be brought up again if desired? bounce Unless we ae talking about just one section. I've noticed that lots of them have dissapeared!

They usually are. But the Marketplace stuff HAS to be controlled, - people forget to erase them when they are outdated Wink
After a period it will just be a huge, enormous rubbish-stack, where nobody can find anything anyway .

Other topics do not get outdated like that Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 7:53 pm

Thankyou, that does make sense. However you can't erase a topic that has been replied to  scratch Unless an admin or mod does it Wink So its probably not a matter of forgetting. I know that I have deleted my tradeslist when it became outdated, because nobody replied to it, but if someone replied, then I couldn't've deleted it  Razz
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 8:14 pm

Emma wrote:
Thankyou, that does make sense. However you can't erase a topic that has been replied to  scratch Unless an admin or mod does it Wink So its probably not a matter of forgetting. I know that I have deleted my tradeslist when it became outdated, because nobody replied to it, but if someone replied, then I couldn't've deleted it  Razz

Ahhh ! So that is why cheers

Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Granted access?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 12:54 pm

When I click on people's links in their signature, I often get this message: "Only people with granted access can view this topic"
Who gets access? It's usually on sales and trades links.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 1:26 pm

Topics in sales section get useless after 90 days of inactivity. That's the reason why you can access them as well as their owners cannot. When it happens and the owner of the topic wants to bring it back, just contact one of the moderators and the topic is rescued as long as it is not inactive for more than 180 days. Very Happy

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 1:38 pm

Ok, thanks. I thought it was me that had to be granted access! :-)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 2:01 pm

Anne from Norway wrote:
Ok, thanks. I thought it was me that had to be granted access! :-)

You're welcome Anne! Very Happy
Please let me know which topic or topics you tried to visit and, if these topics belong to active members, I can bring them back. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?   Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval? Empty

Back to top Go down

Sales/trades section past threads archived - any chance of retrieval?
Page 1 of 1