Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blast from the Past

Go down 
+2
Saarlooswolfhound
pipsxlch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Blast from the Past Empty
PostSubject: Blast from the Past   Blast from the Past EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 4:13 am

Though I really don't want it, when I saw this on a thrift shop website I thought it needed to be saved for posterity. Must be approaching 30 years old. Here's how Safari sold some of their Authentics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here's the 6 models included:
Anybody want a tub of Authentics lol?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past   Blast from the Past EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 4:43 am

Go Kelly! I felt the same but wasn't in a position to grab it. While they are a bit goofy looking, you may be able to trade some! I myself do not have the bear or lynx.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past   Blast from the Past EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 7:37 am

The way they used to paint them makes me think of chocolate, in a good way.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past   Blast from the Past EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 8:58 am

These are such a lovely charming finds, that's definitely such a good idea to rescue these animals after 30 years! cheers I hope you can find them all good homes! Very Happy I love that distinctive style they have, the fox and bear are very sweet! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past   Blast from the Past EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 10:11 am

A charming treasure. I have the fox in Authentics size and also TOOB sized so I think it is the same even if yours looks lighter.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past   Blast from the Past EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 4:27 am

Roger, I do think it's the same fox, just a paint variation. Yours is better lol. Mine looks like it's been smoking something.

Thanks everyone. I haven't even tried to count them.

Burger, you're right! That heavy enamel looking paint does look like chocolate glaze.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past   Blast from the Past EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 11:01 am

pipsxlch wrote:
Roger, I do think it's the same fox, just a paint variation. Yours is better lol. Mine looks like it's been smoking something.

Laughing I think all these Authentics smoke the same.

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past   Blast from the Past EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 4:12 pm

They are super cute Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past   Blast from the Past Empty

Back to top Go down

Blast from the Past
Page 1 of 1