Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Takama's Prehistoric Battats

Go down 
+6
john2xtheman
Kikimalou
orcagirl26
Tiermann
SUSANNE
widukind
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

Takama's Prehistoric Battats Empty
PostSubject: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 1:56 am

OK I posted a topic here about the new Battat Dinosaurs only to have it moved to a Topic that came first.    No problem :)

But I still want to make a topic dedicated to my Collection if that alright

Some of you might not know this, but I was the first collector Who Discovered the new Dinosaurs, and its thanks to me that there's a lot of buzz about them.

. Here is my Only Battat for now (I plan on getting more)

Pachyrhinosaurus
The name of this dinosaur genus is a reference to a large boney bump on the dinosaurs nose. It was originally thought that the base of the bump was part of a horn that was made out of Keratin which does not fossilize after ,millions of years. Some disagree with this claim, but its currently impossible to know for sure. Pachyrhinosaurus is also considered to be a herd animal, because there are bone beds discovered with many individuals of this dinosaur.

The Model by Battat is based on Pachyrhinosaurus Lakustai, which is known for having three small bosses on its nose and brow when young. When the animal matures, the bosses convert into one

Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_2218

Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_2221

Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_2220

Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_2219

Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_2222

Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_2411

Last edited by Takama on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 2:21 am

Very opportune topic once we are in pure Battat fever! Very Happy
Have you already figured how to post pictures on Servimg or are these from your older camera? scratch
You're right about the Battat news topic, it is the correct section, I'll move it! Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 2:32 am

Yes it decided to accept my photos again.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 2:36 am

Takama wrote:
Yes it decided to accept my photos again.

Excelent! Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 11:52 am

Beautieful figurines!! Congratulations

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 1:26 am

Dacentrurus
Stegosaurus may be the most famous Stegosaur, but it was not the first one to be discovered. That title would go to the English one named Dacentrurus. Dacentrurus was originally named Omnosaurus, but the name was already taken for a crocodilian. It was Closely related to the long necked Miragaia, though its neck does not match its length. It is also the largest of the Stegosaur, but several books claim it was smaller when it is incorrect. . Other fossils of this dinosaur were also found in Spain Portugal and in France were they were taken to the Le Havre Museum before it was destroyed in WWII.
Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_0830
Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_0831
Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_0832
Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_0833

Last edited by Takama on Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 2:04 am

Very cool with snake head! Cool
It is always good to read about my country and about crocodilians that take things from others. Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 2:47 am

Im really in love with these figures. There the most accurate Dinos ever, and there all made at a consistent scale and there are several Obscure species slated to come out for the line in the future.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 3:11 am

Takama wrote:
Im really in love with these figures.  There the most accurate Dinos ever, and there all made at a consistent scale and there are several Obscure species slated to come out for the line in the future.

I know the good reputation of the brand among dino collectors and that it is highly collectable. Very Happy
My "playful" comment doesn't intend to misappreciate them. Very Happy
But you know that! I really enjoy these walk arounds and I hope you keep posting. Well, if Battat make a fox, just stop posting and go to the shop get it for me. Laughing

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 4:18 am

Roger wrote:
Takama wrote:
Im really in love with these figures.  There the most accurate Dinos ever, and there all made at a consistent scale and there are several Obscure species slated to come out for the line in the future.

I know the good reputation of the brand among dino collectors and that it is highly collectable. Very Happy
My "playful" comment doesn't intend to misappreciate them. Very Happy
But you know that! I really enjoy these walk arounds and I hope you keep posting. Well, if Battat make a fox, just stop posting and go to the shop get it for me. Laughing

Oh no, I did not mean anything against that comment. I knew you were playing.

I debated about collecting the animals, but I would like to wait and see if there's more info about them.

Also I added a Toy Army Man, (Who I named Bailey) to represent how big a human would be next to the dinosaur, I was told that there all the same scale
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 12:58 am

Nanshiungosaurus

This therizinosaurid was your typical member of the Therizinosaur family, it had long claws, a popped belly, long neck, and it ate plants.   When it was first discovered, the Therizinosaurid were not fully known so it was thought to have been a Sauropod. It was not until 1992 that it was learned to be a Therizinosaur(tough the time, the group was called the Segnosaurs, because Therizinosaurus was not considered to be a part of the group until latter)

Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_0819
Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_0820
Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_0821
Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_0822

Last edited by Takama on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 10:39 pm

Crylophosaurus

Crylophosaurus was a Theropod dinosaur from the Early Jurassic Of Antarctica. It is best distinguished by a fan shaped crest that folds upwards, making some scientists nickname it Elvissaurus(after Elvis Presley). Antarctica may be the coldest place on earth today, but when Crylophosaurus was alive, it was a forest where the dinosaur was one of the top predators. Like Many crested Dinosaurs, it is believed that the crest served as a tool during breeding season were it would be brightly colored to attract the opposite sex for mating.

Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_0834
Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_0837
Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_0835
Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_0836

Last edited by Takama on Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 10:57 pm

Gosh, how did I miss this topic  Shocked Sleep 

My wishlist just got four models longer  cheers 

Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:01 pm

Just let me know if you really want them Susanne, they are available here $7.99 each. They come in boxes which will make hem a little bigger for shipping.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:48 pm

These could be available in other country's sometime in the future. but for now there Target exclusive.

here's my collection as of right now.

Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_2426

Right now there's a total of 30 models that are to be released by this company. 18 of them are re issues of the original releases, and twelve of them are new models that include the ones I got.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 3:38 am

Interesting fact about Antarctica being a forest. Very Happy It recalls me the fact that there are marsupials in America and Australia, incredibly far and that was also because in certain eras, Antarctica turns in a forest and that was their link. Very Happy
Great dinosaurs and fortunately they're back with some new friends! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Takama, what size is the little, grey soldier ? About the same as CollectA's paleontologist ?  Very Happy 

orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 5:49 pm

I'm not much of a dinosaur collector, but these look nice. Hopefully Target will move them a bigger shelf space for the other releases; I'm glad that they are in display boxes rather than loose on the shelf like the animals, which had scuffs/scratches/marks already.
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 7:43 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Takama, what size is the little, grey soldier ? About the same as CollectA's paleontologist ?  Very Happy 

I knew you would ask that.

No problem, here they are together.

Takama's Prehistoric Battats Sam_2427

I wanted a figure that would scale accurately with all of the Battat Dinosaurs. I talked to the Sculptor, and he said that the CollectA man was too small. So I started to look for an alternative, and I got a Bag full of Toy soldiers. I sent a picture of a few of them next to the Pachyrhinosaurus, and he said that they would work.

I chose a figure that's not really aggressive with his gun, and named him Bailey after my cousin Brandon Bailey, who is joining the Army reserve here in the USA.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 10:42 am

Nice newcomers Takam, it's good to know Battat is alive  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 3:17 am

Hi all, I tried to list these new Battats on the Wiki and I got some things stuck together

http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Battat#Museum_1:40_scale_replicas

Can someone help fix this?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 3:26 am

Takama wrote:
Hi all, I tried to list these new Battats on the Wiki and I got some things stuck together

http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Battat#Museum_1:40_scale_replicas

Can someone help fix this?

Takama, is it as you want now? Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 3:37 am

Yes. The Terra line is a Separate line from the MOS Line. though it appears that they now have broken file links
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 3:49 am

Takama wrote:
Yes.  The Terra line is a Separate line from the MOS Line.  though it appears that they now have broken file links  

Which broken file links? You have created 4 pages but not gastonia and gigantoraptor. You mean the files you uploaded on these 4 pages? I haven't touched them yet. Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 3:52 am

Gastonia and Gigantoraptor are not available yet. that's why they are red.

However when I click on any of the other four, theres a image that's missing

For example

Takama's Prehistoric Battats Broken10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Prehistoric Battats   Takama's Prehistoric Battats Empty

Back to top Go down

Takama's Prehistoric Battats
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next